Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I like Goblins

Also cutting myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A.o.D. posted:

It's the comic the internet deserves. So far, it's more about how dumb a place the internet is than about how dumb dragon ball is.

Really, I have no idea how they're going to top page 11.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

qntm posted:

Let's Speak English needs to be in the OP because it is a lovely weekly web comic about teaching English to small children in Japan.

E: this is also my suggested link whenever the thread gets bogged down talking about something unpleasant and everybody needs to talk about something else instead.

This is really cute, kids are goddamn ridiculous everywhere :3:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Reiley posted:

Jesus christ has it really been a year? gently caress.

I've dropped a lot of webcomics since 2007 when I first really started reading them, but I still periodically check Dead Winter for updates. It also has the likely dubious honour of being one of only two and a half webcomics I've ever bought a book for.

What's the word on a volume 3? I'd buy it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mazerunner posted:

what's the half

Mars by Evan Dahm. Half because it's a webcomic author but not actually a webcomic, and also because it's pretty much a pamphlet :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Gabriel Pope posted:

What is it with superhero comix and weirdo fetishists? I'm starting to wonder if there are any superheroes that weren't created for explicitly fetishistic reasons.

Same thing that it is with scifi/fantasy authors. Not that I could tell you what that is, but I'm certain it's the same deal.

Rand Brittain posted:

Meanwhile, in Questionable Content, the Sven plot has returned so that Sven can apologize for ???.

I had actually honestly forgotten that QC existed. I... I'm clean :unsmith:

of that particular vice :ninja:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How the hell does it keep getting better :psyduck:

Morbi posted:

Boy, let me tell you, the weirdest thing about knowing your parents read your comic is getting upset messages from your mom whenever you write a bad thing happening to a child character.

Thank you for reassuring me that you have the best motivation to not go off the rails and give poppy a Bad End. Christmas would get super awkward if you did.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 14, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
In a twist that surprises no one, Jason Shiga reveals he doesn't know poo poo about women.

Oh my loving god that is the most American thing I've ever heard.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I want Ivan to come back. Or failing that, more True Slut Adventures.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Question! I checked out of lackadaisy right around the first time Mordecai went psycho on some guys with a woodaxe (and the pieces got fed to some pigs).

How much more content has been added since then, and how regular are updates presently?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Operant posted:

Happily for you I am drawing my rad bird comic KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS full time via PATREON MONIES next week on Wednesday and you nerds can support me there. I'll include more boobies if you pay me for it

Knowing you I expect what this actually means is that some kinda weird demon thing is going to show up that's just entirely made of boobies. At least 300 boobies.

It still would have shown up without any donations, but it would have been made of only 200 boobies

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Because racism. On which note, I'm pretty pleased to see Poppy continue to somewhat realistically incorporate those issues (with a side of whatever it is you'd call prejudice and phobia toward the disabled) without being a hamfisted allegory for America's race problems.

I'm interested to see which way it'll go in the long run, if we're leading up to some kind of fantastic resolution of that whole mess or whether things will continue to be largely poo poo for possums but we get a believable "good enough" ending for the ones we're following.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 6, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Today in Girl Genius: a chekhov's gun has clearly just gone off yet I have no idea what they're talking about.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Write six billion fanfics

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Quantum Leap: Cum Knife edition

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
About fuckin time (no pun intended). If we're explicitly getting up to the time travel junk then we might actually be within sight of the end. Which is to say, definitely not more than another decade away :v:

e/ when we get up to Gil wearing a geisterdamen costume, we'll definitely nearly be done.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 15, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Sam & Fuzzy: :tviv:

I was not expecting this! The demon fridge always seemed like a bit joke that got grandfathered into plot relevance by accident, I always thought once it was gone that'd be it and we'd never hear about it again, despite how pivotal it was to Sam getting into this whole crazy situation in the first place.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 16, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Isn't it "servants"?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SlothfulCobra posted:

Maybe it could've been the wasp eater reacting to the Baron instead?

I thought it was this tbh, and he implicated Gil to throw suspicion away from himself (because his whole deal is that his empire can't function without him, and it wouldn't do to have some heroic type tie him down for his own good)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I hope it's Othar's sewer wife.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Puts a new spin on her line at the end of this page.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Personally I'd wait until the new update schedule/frequency becomes reliable. No offence to Operant, I just don't want to jinx it :ohdear:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The thing where he became every member of a town at one point (and put himself in jail) was extremely confusing. I'm still not sure how he got out of that one.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's no wisdom here. Should I dig further down to find some?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's still hope! She could become an unregistered super-surgeon like Black Jack! :buddy:

e/ my prescription is... more anime! :kamina:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 11, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What is going on with Whomp lately? Is Ronnie okay? Real Ronnie I mean. I honestly can't tell but the whole thing seems disturbingly autobiographical, and also just plain disturbing. I'm fairly sure the overarching joke has always been "I'm a fat waste of air", but paging through the last dozen strips or so it seems much less light hearted about it than I remember.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nintendo Disaster sounds like a great name for a chiptune/hard rock fusion band.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you had a blacklight, Mary Moonshine would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've never been able to get in to Bad Machinery, but that sounds extremely watchable. The style would adapt very well into flash I think.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
As the greatest enemy of true radicalness (and as a fan of mediocrity), it's fitting that Sparkelord's bike form is a Honda :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rand Brittain posted:

Erfworld is really good, though.

Erfworld was really good, before their artist bailed and they proceeded to start (and not finish) multiple different text-only prequel stories. Last I checked they were still doing this.

I didn't actually mind the no-pictures aspect of the text updates, it was the way they kept jumping further and further back in time, and just as I was getting invested they'd loving switch focus again without resolving any of the new arcs. I think they probably started that because they had this idea about wanting to continue the main story with pictures but kept on not being able to find a reliable artist, but even if they've now gone back to the actual story all that loving around they did has completely killed my enthusiasm.

Once in a blue moon I'll break down and go check QC out of morbid (or perhaps that should be moribund) curiosity, just to see if it's changed. Since quitting Erfworld however many years ago I have had exactly zero desire to go back.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Brought To You By posted:

And Piro who is this moody, wishy washy artist who likes Visual Novels way too much and acts as the straight man for the duo.

I assume this is the one who consistently fails to score with the sexbot

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Classic weeb.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The vampire doctor is always good when she shows up. Probably because it's not that often.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

which the author kept injecting his her creepy shaving fetish into

I don't know anything about creepy fetish, but the fact that it kept happening was more a result of almost all of the events of that comic being recycled on a near annual basis.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Still better than Raine Dog. :furcry:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Weren't the early rings in the comic completely solid? I'm sure they only started being patchy quite recently.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Iirc it was tiny burgers on top of the pizza

e/ yeah here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDwZWCfp64

:barf:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Did something happen to the bad webcomics thread? If not, please take this pile there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm amazed this didn't exist sooner. Shmorky :swoon:

• Locked thread