Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Captain Bravo posted:

Ok, here's my childhood trauma that makes tears well up every time I see this comic. I was like, four years old, and we had kittens in the house. And they were adorable, and I loved playing with them, and it was a great time for everyone involved. One night I couldn't find one of the kittens. I looked, and looked, and finally found the naughty kitten hiding behind a chair. It was pooping! I scolded the kitten, "BAD KITTY!" and picked it up, and took it to the litter box. I set it in the litter box, and it just laid there. It just laid there, and did nothing. I finally went and got my mom. Turns out, the chair it was hiding behind? A rocking chair. The kitten had gotten squished, and that wasn't poop coming out it's butt, that was it's intestines. I think I probably cried for an entire day, after that, and my mom got rid of all the kittens because just seeing one made me cry again! It took me a few years after that to be able to handle kittens again, and even to this day I still remember that poor kitten, especially when I see something like this.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ok, I'm gonna gripe a bit about this. Not the comic itself, I love Widdershins, more this stupid loving trope that I see all the time. Bad guy threatens good guy with harm to hostage, good guy relents, bad guy harms hostage anyway. It is so frustrating! Good guy has advantage, then gives up advantage while the same thing that was going to happen happens anyway. What did Izzy think was going to be the outcome? "Oh, thanks Ms. Holt. I'll just release your boytoy now, safe and sound, as I'm not the literal incarnation of a deadly sin."

I mean, I get it, the whole point of threatening a loved one is to ensure your opponent isn't thinking straight. But it's still annoying to see this trope in almost every story in almost every medium. Ugh.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I just want to point out that you guys seem to have missed the fact that Plethora is not the person who posted the last Bunny Meat comic, I am. I'll timg it if it's a problem, I figured it would be fine since, as is in the post, I had already told the story in the thread. But whatever, I'll timg it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Fantomah returns! And this time, she brought a friend. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

paradoxGentleman posted:

I read a very good analysis of that a couple of days ago, I'll see if I can find it again.

Just checking to see if you ever found the link to this? I'd like to read it if you did. :shobon:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A.o.D. posted:

Holy poo poo, Shiga, you moron, mustard gas doesn't just gently caress up your lungs.

No, but the only completely fatal effect is loving up your lungs. Why would Demons care if the body they're in gets hosed up beyond all recognition? As long as they're still alive, all they gotta do is find another person and off themselves.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

For those who don't read comics, the reason everyone is freaking out around her is simple: The red woman just turned a dude into a tree, then poofed his retainers into cherry blossoms because she's got loving godly magical powers and nobody can gently caress with her. After doing this, everyone bowed to her obvious superiority. Except for Alison, because she's about to kill some loving demons. :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

In Demon news, things are just about at the climax, and I'm pretty certain Jimmy's plan is going off without a hitch. Trick Hunter into bringing every demon to the castle, then deorbit a satellite directly on top of it. Check and Mate.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A.o.D. posted:

that's pretty weak.

I don't actually think that's the case, I'm pretty sure Poppy actually has some psuedo-boobs. Or, probably, really well-developed pectoral muscles. When she's being measured for the maid outfit, she's shirtless, and there's definitely something there.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wittgen posted:

Petunia being a martial arts master who turned pacifist was mentioned a few times in the first couple of chapters.

lol, wut

A.o.D. posted:

Petunia being a martial arts master is one of those "secrets" that's known to almost everyone except the protagonist and the reader. It's been hinted at since the very first story, and has constantly been alluded to since then. I guess now is when we're getting that payoff.

Wait... what?

Captain Oblivious posted:

We have found the only person other than Poppy O'Possum herself that didn't know this :haw:

loving what? Are you guys honestly serious here? gently caress, I just reread the archives like twice and didn't see poo poo about that. I even read all the author comments on the bottom of the page and the mouseover text. What!?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I really need to pay better attention, I didn't see the pinch at all. I just thought she started rubbing Poppy under her chin to calm her down, like a dog. :negative:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Morbi posted:

If even one genuinely competent fighter had fought Poppy at the arena, she likely would have been shut down, but most of those types had been driven away by Boris' bullshit power-set long ago. She's got decent reflexes and tough skin, but her movements are otherwise easy to predict and full of holes that can be taken advantage of, and she tires out very fast. When she can't just end a fight with brute strength, she runs out of options quickly.

Poppy's a very effective fighter compared to amateurs and wild beasts, but when she hits the skill ceiling, she hits it hard.

Basically, Poppy is the steamroller, and everyone she's effortlessly put down so far is the guy in the uniform.

If you try to just stand in her way, or trade shots with her, you will lose. If you know enough to take three steps to the side, you will win. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Either, "Yeah, I thought it was a good try." or "Yeah, but I thought it was a good try."

Basically, he knew he wasn't going to win, but he gave it his best shot anyway.

Edit: You motherfucker. :mad:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It's really pretty frikkin' genius. You already know your enemies are planning to kill themselves, use that to your advantage! :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

nimby posted:

We're lucky they mass suicide by gun and not by cumknife.

Well, at least two of them were women, so that would have been a lot more difficult for them. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The next step for Hussie is to release the entirety of homestuck in a 4 TB download so those of us who stopped reading after the first year or so can fill up an external hard drive and go live like a hermit for a few months while we read through it in its entirety.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

paradoxGentleman posted:

I wanna say... one chapter ago? It was after they dealt with Violet brainwashing her own dad.

Close, it was actually two chapters before, and it was what tipped them off that Violet had brainwashed her own dad.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Edit: Derp, nevermind me, I just saw it

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Hur hur hur

Although knowing the Ancient Greeks that's probably exactly what it's supposed to be.

:siren: Incredibly NSFW :siren:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I kind of get the feeling Elysiume has the right idea. It's like a dead possum hooked up to some kind of magical pacemaker/stasis machine. That's why they've got the bubble and the glove box, they can't let bacteria get in there when the machine is running since the magic which keeps the body from decomposing won't work when the heart is beating.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Just because your skin is light brown doesn't mean you don't buy light brown slacks from the dad supplies store.

This may be right, but it's also incredibly dad to just walk around the house in tighty-whities all day long. Extra dad points if your children have friends over while you do so.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

nine-gear crow posted:

his sort-of girlfriend/research partner just suplexed him under the bus to save her own rear end... And the kids' too, but I'm sure they're an after thought.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty confident that the woman tearing him a new one isn't Lulenski. I think it's an unrelated executive that's just drawn kind of similarly.

Edit: Herp derp I should read the comments, Magnolia posted that the woman isn't Lulenski, it's the executive seen in panel three of this page.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You guys do realize that Rjinder is not the hosed up one, right? His monster is the bad guy. He is an unwilling participant, because if he pisses his monster off it will crawl off of him leaving him without skin and dying.

Or at least that's what he believes. I think it would actually be pretty interesting for him to find out that despite the pain, he doesn't actually suffer any ill-effects of his monster leaving, the same way everyone else has no problems with their monsters being separate organisms. That could be his turning-point moment, when he stops being subservient to his villainous monster, and starts calling the shots and being a stand-up guy.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A.o.D. posted:

Are you drunk?

It's avshalom. The more pressing question is when is he ever sober?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The hair doll is what really tipped things.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

SlothfulCobra posted:

And in other "Man this is too old" news, I gave Sluggy Freelance another check

I misread this at first, and did an actual double-take.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

FactsAreUseless posted:

In 2193, violent talking animals become popular again and the comic sees a real resurgence.

Foamy the Squirrel will be their Hamlet.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can you even take unweight without a mouth?

Lemme show you how to work this funnel... :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Empress Theonora posted:

edit: gdi word filter i actually am gay i'm not being ironic!!!!!

lol

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Someone in ADTRW (or someones) has spent over $800 on changing people's avatars to Lums.

lol

:thumbsup:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's a comic about demons, so I thought it'd fit this thread.

It's a bit

hard to

READ

when

a sentence

is split

ACROSS

several pages

of action scenes.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It's incredible that after reading a post so jam-packed full of information, I actually feel dumber now.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I tried it and it's oscillating between verbose and pedantic.

I tried it and it's loving awesome with a fantastic mix of dry wit and low comedy.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah says it updates Sundays. So, agonizingly slowly, I'll have forgotten it exists in two weeks, but still updating

Does the comic have an RSS feed? I don't use them, because I am a loving luddite, but that would remind you each time it updates right?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The best way to describe Jack is that the bad webcomics threads basically never discuss it.

The best way to describe Jack is that I have actually, successfully, repressed the memory of that comic, and every time someone posts pages from it I remember it again and get angry because I have to actively forget reading it again.

I don't remember anything about it, and I am perfectly happy that way. :colbert:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Uhh, doesn't killing the host kill the monster as well? Or am I misremembering that. I could have sworn The Thing From Roger died when Lulenski bashed his head in with a rock.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, so, it would be kind of stupid to send an operative out telling them "Kill the host if you need to, just bring back the monster!" because that would kill the monster...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Well, all the betrayal went down while everyone was asleep, right? He slipped them all mickeys, then after they were out drew the circles, summoned the sins, and got curbstomped by the Barbers. Acedia is shown as waking up right as he leaves. For all she knows, they were the ones who poisoned the drinks, hosed over Luxuria, then made up a half-baked story to cover. Yeah, being a true believer makes it easier to doubt their story, but she's not necessarily blinding herself to the facts. The fact is, the only people who can corroborate the Barbers' story are the Barbers themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

AriadneThread posted:

perhaps she is no longer full of sloth, but wrath

Ohhh shiiiiiiit. :psyboom:

• Locked thread