Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
That list has a distinct lack of Stand Still Stay Silent, which just started a new chapter after a short hiatus. It's good,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Oh, and maybe Atomic Robot could be added as well. It is a free online comic these days after all.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
A short addendum to my Atomic Robo comment; It has it's own thread and the writer of the comic, Brian Clevinger, posts in it regularly as Hyperactive.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I haven't read Demon in a good while, but is there anything that indicates Shiga understands non autistic humans of any gender?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

SynthOrange posted:

Read the last dozen pages and reassess that judgement.

Of the comic itself or the comics thread? Because I have no complaints about the former but gave up on the latter months ago and have no desire to re-visit it.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Cat Mattress posted:

The Gunnerkrigg thread was always about taking a joke and going all :regd08: over it for months. Hey, that guy is Eglamore! Who? It's terrible, like Boxbot.

That was pretty much why I stopped reading it. It didn't become really terrible or creepy, just repetitive and dull.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Dabir posted:

The one in the style of Frank Miller has way too many visible feet and not enough inexplicable pouches.

You're thinking of Rob Liefeld.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh jeez, I just thought of something. When a monster takes a body part, it replaces it with kind of a white, soft, rubbery substance, right? So, basically, her entire skeleton is pretty much cartilage?

Imagine her trying to eat :gonk:

?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's a fantastically written, extremely well-drawn depiction of the experience of being a directionless middle-class twentysomething in New York City, which happens to be the most exhaustively explored human experience in the history of english literature barring maybe being an author with writer's block, and possibly the least interesting

That might be true in webcomics, but in literature in general, and in film as well for that matter, I can't imagine it's more well tread ground than the harrowing plights of successful upper middle aged male writers.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I think it's just really hard to write an appealing work of fiction about the ideas of your religion or your political party that comes off thoughtful and not like a poorly concealed advertisement,

Nonsense. You just need a proper religion first.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I usually don't care about webcomics drama, but I must say Aaron Diaz making an rear end of himself again is pretty amusing.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Nothing horrible, merely stupid attention seeking on twitter that caused other webcomics folk to call him an idiot.

https://twitter.com/granulac/status/721510876038172672

Edit: At least his idiocy lead to Will Eisner trending on Twitter, which I guess is kind of neat.

DekeThornton fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 18, 2016

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

DaveWoo posted:

He's since taken the tweet down and apologized.

In whiny passive aggressive fashion just apologizing for not knowing Eisner was Jewish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
It's not hard. No one understands Finnish, because it's some goddamned alien moon language with no relation to the language of honor and heroes (Swedish). All others speak Swedish with some form of dialect, Danish being the ugliest sounding one and Icelandic the least comprehensible.

DekeThornton fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 23, 2016

• Locked thread