Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
this is just my opinion, but I think the OP is not long enough, and should be longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
ideally the entire first page should just consist of the OP.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

EoRaptor posted:

Never have a wanted a tall avatar more than now. :smith:

\/\/\/\/ I'd forgotten you can use php tags in the avatar text now. I'll try that when I get home. :)

iirc, mods have removed these sorts of homebrew tallavs on sight in the past. no idea if anyone cares these days but heads-up for anyone else thinking about following suit

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Sam and Fuzzy points out the inherent issue in any organization or partnership where Mind Control is a possibility.

That's the loving problem, indeed.

There's no mind control involved, though.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I think I've forgotten a plot point somewhere; why is Sam so reluctant to tell Fuzzy why he's freaked out now about Brain?

He's gotten into the habit of keeping secrets from everyone, and he's gotten out of the habit of trusting (or liking) Fuzzy.

Also, I think, Sam's not at all confident that Brain actually is Fridge (as opposed to just doing a good impression to spook Sam), & so doesn't want to say anything on the subject until he has more solid information.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Demon is basically a big rip-off of a 10-year-old Sam & Fuzzy plotline, in a certain sense.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

That does raise a bit of a question--if a demon possesses someone, and leaves non-lethally,do they just kind of pop back into control of their body?

There was some implication that demons could end up duplicating themselves, iirc - this would presumably be how.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i catch up on that comic once every month or so, and (a) it's still incredibly slow and (b) I seriously cannot tell half the characters apart

the nordic aesthetic...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i personally feel the author does a pretty good job of differentiating the characters? there's a lot of face/body diversity

other than every single person in surviving civilization being white as gently caress anyway :v:

like, for example:

q: how often have I confused these two characters?

a: basically every time they show up

I actually had to read through the relevant page several times before I realized there were two different characters there...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

The freckled one.

They really don't look that much alike, but the gender confusion isn't helped by the fact that the male's a scrawny-rear end shepard with a four-foot long braid and the female's a dour military officer.

oh, huh. honestly thought that character was a guy. the driver's brother (the scout) also threw me off for a while in the other direction.

it also probably doesn't help that everyone's covered in a minimum of three layers of all clothes at all times, owing to their presence in a subarctic hellscape.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Given his fondness for idiocy with things like cum knives, you'd think he'd take the time to showcase breathing through a piss soaked rag, which is something that you could actually do to protect against mustard gas.

There's still time!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

fritz posted:

Here's a short thing I found : http://www.chasing-comics.com/dewegvanmijnvader/ that was pretty good.

Charming.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I liked Caveman Science Fiction

That's about it

I went back to look at the older ones. De Los Muertos was cute. Ditto Girl vs Bear. (though he'd already started loving up his panel layouts in the latter...)

...that's supposed to be the superhero pal in panel 1, isn't it? Ridiculous how he drew her completely differently every time she showed up.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
The ending of Homestuck is an anime, thus proving what we always knew: anime, is good.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Killing your daughter is basically the same as feeding the poor, checks out.

his daughter, like jimmy himself, was a monster who'd killed thousands of people, and who eagerly looked forward to killing more. (that's what she's complaining about not getting to do.) preventing her from doing so isn't the same as feeding the poor; it's better.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
did we already know that jesus was a demon?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Guessing his sidebar here about the first demon is going to lead to him shooting Sweetpea off into space to be the first demon on a new world, which will hilarously negate any 'good' he is doing here.

:)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

every time i think i couldn't possibly hate Demon more, it surprises me

Why have you read 700+ pages of a comic you hate?

SynthOrange posted:

We still havent seen the non-killing possession right?

Looks like we're about to!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Amazing Jimmy just hosed the entire world.

lmao forever

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

The joke was definitely on the reader. The way the ending very specifically fails to resolve the story's main mystery is hilarious.

"can demons escape their bodies by behaving like decent people for once in their god drat lives?" wasn't the story's main mystery. Demon started out being a standard Shiga thing about taking some strange conceit and exploring to its limit ("what if you could switch bodies by killing yourself?), and then halfway through switched over to Jimmy & Sweetpea Are A Pair Of Insane Monsters, Check Out All This hosed-Up poo poo! Did Jimmy just pull his most hosed-up stunt yet by accidentally killing every person on Earth? Who knows! But it's funny to imagine, eh?

I mean, I certainly don't feel like I've been the butt of a joke. Demon wasn't the comic I signed up to read, but it's funny as hell, in its very weird way. I got no regrets.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Megazver posted:

I asked him to make one, so here you go:

http://www.basileuscomic.com/rss/feed.xml

thanks a ton! the rss doesn't seem to be linked anywhere on the site, so i figured i'd just have to follow the tumblr...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

majormonotone posted:

I tried to read Homestuck like five years ago. I got to Act 4 or 5 and got so bored. It's a shame because early on it seemed pretty cool

completely reasonable. however, you are required to read sbahj if you haven't.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I read that Possum comic and it reminded me that I might have thrown my genuine Chick Tract (tm) in the trash. 0/10

Definite case of Webcomics:

the cerberus syndrome. i get it. i get, the reference

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
caught up on two+ years of girl genius after all this chat about it. it's always much easier to enjoy the comic & ignore its flaws when you're not reading serially - i hadn't been too excited about the beginning of the train arc when i stopped reading last, but it read fine going through it all at once.

i really do love all the absurd plotting - everyone has at least one secret agenda! - and the ridiculous contraptions that people treat as 'ordinary'. the baron's forces are the closest to 'practical' that anything comes in the comic, but he's still got giant walking fists commanded by 'punch-captains'. when it's not trying too hard to make Science! jokes, it's quite funny.

anyway, now it's time to wait another two years before catching up again...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721962&pagenumber=9&perpage=40#post448260097

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
why are there no jewish webcomics.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

yeeah, i burned out my ability to keep track of this kind of stuff from seven years of homestuck and look what that got me

a deep appreciation of the most sophisticated creative work of our generation, the Ulysses of the Internet?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Aren't those like 5bux for a year?

Morbi, if you need :10bux: you could just ask. This forum is known for its :10bux:-havers.

they're free

(for webcomic-tier purposes, anyway)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i think i liked this

http://turbofanatic.com/hosting/comics/aphelion01.pdf

it's short, about thirty pages. it's sort of an uglier transhumanism story, i think? warning for body horror and gore

author has a tumblr of the same name

Took two reads to get what was going on, but it seems pretty neat.

Very good art.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Sometimes comics just die.

Better to fade out than MSPA your way to an ending.

What is "MSPAing your way to an ending"?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Appending, due to a sense of obligation, an extravagantly-produced perfunctory conclusion containing neither closure nor any of the appeal of the preceding work.

Oh, I really enjoyed the ending. Didn't realize the MSPA thread disliked it. Pity!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
why didn't anyone tell me bogleech was making a webcomic.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
dang, picking a fight with an insane ex-webcomic artist who doesn't even read this forum. that's about the coolest thing i can imagine...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Enjoying the satanic sigil of gentrification being drawn around Tackleford.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Death Ray posted:

Muh latest. I'm pretty proud of my techno-spaghetti starships, much to the consternation of the elders of my small, Amish community.

i like your ships, weird alt-comics guy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Tunicate posted:

No blood for oil :colbert:

seems more like the opposite situation here, really

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

does no one in this thread feel shame

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Begemot posted:

It looks like all the rewards that involve doing extra personal work are sold out already, all you can get is just the book or the book + stickers. As as long as she's not doing all the shipping herself, more money won't involve more work.

She's planning on adding more of the personalized rewards.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Which is exactly the danger of overextending we're worried about.

Which is why I posted about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

• Locked thread