Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Strong Female Protagonist is reasonably good and the thread here has devolved into madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Of something I did obsess over, Lamps, what was your "I only have excellent ideas " avatar from? The illustration is maddeningly familiar, and I cannot place it though it's probably something from my childhood.

It's Little My from the Moomins.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Erfworld has never stopped from being good.

(Well, okay, I couldn't get through the backer short stories, but still.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Meanwhile, Scary-Go-Round has spent some time reminding us why Shelley and Tim are difficult people to be friends with, only to swing right back into the land of Riley Beckwith being really, really awful.

EDIT: Like, serious, Shelley has been selfish and impulsive, but Riley is actively using her kid as a weapon to try and... force Tim to come back to her, I guess? It's such a ill-thought-out plan that it's hard to put it into words.

Rand Brittain fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 5, 2017

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing how any of this is Riley's fault beyond Riley not going out of her way to stop it.

Riley is the one who articulated the words "destroy Shelley Winters" and has been present for every moment of it we've seen so far.

EDIT: Come to think of it, "Shelley made a baby with Tim so she could keep him" is not something a kid Scout's age would have come up with on her own.

Rand Brittain fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Tim does need to make some decisions, but the first one is going to have to be "should I move towards a permanent relationship with Shelley or try to mend fences with Riley?", which is not an easy decision to make.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, Scout's been coming to visit. It's only Riley he's avoiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dabir posted:

The thing was that Tim figured it out himself and agreed with her.

That doesn't really make it not an emotional abuser's tactic.

EDIT: Riley is kind of an interesting character, because her original story role was "the normal person who has no time for all this fantasy-comedy-mystery nonsense." This puts her in a sort of weird position now that the comic has done a mild genre-shift into "let's take this a little more seriously and see how all these manic pixies cope with some real problems."

• Locked thread