Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Reading the OP reminded me that Abominable CC exists, and it appears to be somewhat dead. The artist hasn't done a page in over a year, the guest strips have dried up, and considering that the plot ended up with a god twice the size of a mountain about to crush everyone with no possibility of anyone stopping him, I think he might have written himself into a bit of a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

khy posted:

E: In the previous webcomic thread there was a comic about a guy who got pulled or something into an alternate world, and there were werewolves and vampires and things, and a fight over the human and the human was going to work for a guy in a castle in the sky? Anyone know which comic i'm talking about?

Prague Race

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think I stuck with Spinerette up until the Cerberus girl with huge tits turned up; I'm fine with obvious cheesecake right up until it's clearly impacting things like basic sensible character design; that, I think, is when any defence of it being anything other than dumb fetish goes right out the window.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Even if body merging was the author's fetish, so what? People like all kinds of things for all kinds of dumb reasons; all that matters is whether what you've created suffers from that influence and Apothecia doesn't suffer from being obviously fetishistic, it suffers from feeling kind of inconsequential and pointless.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I know the English can be a bit janky in Prague Race, but that's a bit of a stretch, both the pun itself and how it relates to the story.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

In a twist that surprises no one, Jason Shiga reveals he doesn't know poo poo about women.

A reader asked for advice on dating women and he suggested making a joke about how they probably have small genitals. It was in the side bar.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Operant, I stand ready with my :10bux:

Whenever you're ready champ. Just say the word.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

$785pm already, drat.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, this feels like it's about to get really meta and have him break out of the panels, maybe take over the reader's mind, or something.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bad Machinery is British as poo poo, so yeah, it probably isn't going to gel with everyone.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I honestly don't know what I was expecting there.

A lot more than a completely skippable chapter of blank panels.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can we have a separate thread for piddling crap that you're only still reading out of inertia?

Three webcomics threads - the good, the bad and the tedious.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Caught up on Demon and boy, after that one particular page I am loving done.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It seemed like Leona was going to get her poo poo together when Miko yelled at her for turning him into a werewolf instead of just taking him to a hospital for a fairly unspecified injury, but nope, as soon as they find out where Colin is she's all "tee hee, let's break in and threaten everyone, isn't this fun?!"

I'm not quite sure where the story is going at the moment; assuming they get Colin back, can't they just leave? I guess Leona would be screwed though.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good, you guys.

It bears repeating occasionally because there are still people who don't know that Kill Six Billion Demons is so loving good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I too would totally barf everywhere just to be able to fit in another slice of delicious burger pizza.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

...does anyone else like Prague Race has completely died as a story? The characters are reunited and apart from getting the thing off Leona's back, they can pretty much just walk back through the portal and go home. It's not like Miko can't just get a new pair of pants and turn back into a human. They're currently loving about on an airship humouring some guy because they have to do something, I guess.

I mean they could go run around with werewolves seeing fun characters in a crazy world, but there's still no driving force in the story that I can see.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Reiley posted:

A bitter clove in the honeyed ham of life.

New thread title please.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You've lost your edge, man. :colbert:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Something about those screenshots makes me think the author reads a lot of One Piece.

Not that I'm objecting to that if it's true.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

p sure it's supposed to be prague as in the city. the 'progress' thing is the closest thing I've ever seen to a real explanation why, even though it doesn't really sound like that and wouldn't be a pun that actually made sense in context if it did. guess you gotta call your comic something

There's some line of mystical jewelry called the Prague Race collection; I believe that's as much as we know so far.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's also the Atomic Robo guys, who started the comic in print then moved to the web.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Demon is still going then, I take it?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

I had that thyroid thing except mine was handled with nuclear instead of the cutting. It's not so bad actually. I mean, it's not fun, but there's far far worse. I'd email her or something with advice but there's no way that doesn't come off as creepy and I'm sure other people have already.

A quick message that reads "hey I've been in the same boat, condolences, I had mine dealt with via X, has it been considered for you? Good luck in any case" is probably fine.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I might read the end, have I missed anything since the worthless non-chapter of nothing but black panels that contributed nothing to the story whatsoever?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Wicked Stepmother was also sitting right next to Kit while Vix was springing killer gorillas from her sleeve.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Homestuck is over 6000 pages long, not counting the length of all the Flash stuff. That is beyond impenetrable.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

mycot posted:

For what it's worth your icon is literally the longest work of fiction done by a single author. It's not anime territory yet.

The irony is not lost on me.

Also One Piece doesn't take THAT long to read through. A while, sure, but not Homestuck long. It's pretty easy to skim through.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Prequel has had some great updates that involved the main character getting her act together and getting poo poo done, but an IndieGoGo for merch hasn't helped a turnaround of roughly three months to every update, and the last two were (admittedly good) side stories.

Kaz is pretty good at organizing IndieGoGos (he did a big Lego drive for hospitalized kids one or two Christmases ago) but not so much at updating his mostly text-based webcomic.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If the artist is cool and it comes across in their work then they can draw all the brain-bleaching deviance in the world, and in fact I positively encourage it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Poppy seems to be able to shapeshift at least slightly (see: adjusting her muscles to be able to wear Petunia's jacket)

Not so much shape-shifting, but she does seem to have an absurd amount of control over her own musculature.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Like the current page, where Petunia is apparently a kung-fu master or something.

I am unsure of how to feel about this development. For now I shall settle for: rrreeeeaaaaaally?

Edit: vvvv My bad then. I dunno though, being a Grandmaster Whatever rather than just happening to know some basic martial arts like a regular person still strikes me as a little overkill for Petunia.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 9, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

She is an unskilled worker in that she has no qualifications or profession, but has plenty of street smarts and has got into a few fights in her time.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wait for someone to make Homestuck Kai.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I won a small button for beating a Flash game in Prequel. :colbert:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Mostly inertia in my case. Plus it's at the end, may as well see how poor the finale ends up being..

See, this is what compelled me to keep reading Bleach, and I've been a lot happier since I stopped.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tendales posted:

The biggest drawback to rss feeds over bookmarks is that if some random comic's feed breaks, I won't notice until years later when I wonder why such and such hasn't updated lately.
Happens to Comic Rocket all the time; comics will suddenly be broken because the registered page count changes to a value below the page you've actually read up to. Poppy broke when Morbi added the extra chapter, then unbroke months later. Bad Machinery is in a constant state of being broken or fixed. Webcomics are a chore to keep up with.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good lord, Abominable Charles Christopher updated. And not a guest strip either! I am curious to see if he has a plan for resolving the impossibly unbeatable predicament the main plot was in, where a mountain sized god was approximately five steps away from crushing a city and the main characters were stuck on top of a mountain half a mile away with no way of getting to him in the ten seconds or so that they had left.

Then when it's done he can throw that confusing nonsense in the trash and make it solely about woodland animals doing random stuff, like it should be.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The guys who wrote this webcomic don't know squat. Itchy should've tied Scratchy's tongue with a taut-line hitch, not a sheet bend. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Poppy's being a good friend and trying to help fill in some gaping emotional holes that Kit has, and she is currently rolling with an embarrassing situation with extreme grace, but she hasn't really shown any desire to date anyone as she wants to concentrate on raising Lily with what little life she has left, and I saw her feelings towards Kit as more of a motherly friendship from someone who really likes to help people out than a blossoming romance.

I can totally see Kit genuinely asking her out, but that's not how I read Poppy's point of view at all.

• Locked thread