Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Does anyone here still read Sluggy Freelance? It finally feels like its all building towards a finale, and the run of one of the oldest webcomics will be over, and the author has basically confirmed that we are in the last stretch... although it might take a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm not falling for that. People have been saying that for years

Well I think we have spent a full year on one actual day at this point. Pulling everything and everyone together, bringing every player into position... So I dunno, I am sure he can absolutely draw it out if he wants to, but based on the news posts Pete does seem to be eager to finish it at this point, and it SEEMS like the climax is coming soon.

Always the chance we get a random sixth month tangent of course.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Well it was building up towards the demon climax for what felt like forever, and we did finally get that at least.

This feels like we will be getting the HC climax soon, I suppose its possible this isnt the final climax but if its not I am pretty sure this is gonna keep going until Pete dies....

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I love Zebragirl and the current plot is pretty good and I am glad it is updating on a regular schedule again, but man these week long waits for a couple seconds of progress are killing me.

I really should put it my the list of comics to forget about until next year and then binge on.

Anyway, I dont suppose anyone else reads this and can remind me why Sam's gloves would harm vampires?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

The gloves are a religious symbol in the world Sam's from, so it works like a cross would: http://www.zebragirl.thecomicseries.com/comics/663

Wow, that wasn't even that long ago in comic time.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

In Sluggy Freelance, if thaYs who I think it is, and it is, uh... that is quite a twist, especially considering how man people were pointing out the similarities between the character designs way back when.

I was wondering how she was going to get up tied up in what this was building towards. Now I just dont know what happened. Time travel? Or just... the original?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Its not just the hairstyle. I know Pete is, uh... not the greatest artist, but it clearly is supposed to BE Oasis. and the hair is a shorthand. but the face is the same as well

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Can someone explain what's being alluded to in the latest Dr McNinja?

I came here hoping to ask the same thing.

I'm not sure if the answers so far have actually helped, 'cause I'm still pretty confused. Probably because I don't remember anything about Franklin and pizza.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Speaking of QC I am enjoying the current Sam and Fuzzy arc quite a bit and am surprised by the unexpected encounter...

But it still feels super weird to have a Sam and Fuzzy version of Pintsuze running around

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Hmmm... sluggy freelance has me thinking. Synthea is aparently an old oasis, and is deeply involved with fate. We also have a female character named Cynthia we havent seen yet - the leader of the Kzk cult, and close friend of Riffs dad.

It seems like they could easily be the same person. Maybe a red herring though. We also know one of alt oasis's names was harbinger, which is definitely a fate related name...

Hmm.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

does anyone know what is going on in power nap

i have no idea anymore

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I check it like three times a year so I dont know when the last update was but a woman pulled a sword out of her mouth and that wasnt happening last time I checked.

is it dead?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Did you hear about Donald Trump only requires there be something new and probably terrible to hear about him. I think he will manage that

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Man, Sam and Fuzzy. I really did not expect it to be Sin, for some reason, but then - it's ALWAYS Sin, and it makes sense in hindsight. He had built fully functional robot AI more than once. He had a machine capable of digitizing someone's brain. He has clearly had access to incredibly advanced tech the rest of the committee didn't. Of course Theo would see him as a useful ally, and of course Sin would betray him.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

I haven't read Sam and Fuzzy in aaaaages but I checked it on a whim the other day; why is Questionable Content's sociopathic midget robot there?? :psyduck:

It's a pseudo crossover for a temporary character, seemingly mostly for fun since the authors get along well. It's not really the same guy though - more an alternate world version of the little guy.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Weedonwantcha has grown on me a lot and I quite like it, but of the StripSearch crew that spawned it The Last Halloween is still the absolute best poo poo.

Anyome who doesnt read the last halloween and jspowerhour, do it already

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Wow, Sam and Fuzzy is going well. Yet another twist that makes total sense, that I should of seen coming and just... wasn't ready for.

I wonder if this is genuinely the end for Sin?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Snarlbear is officially over.

That was a pretty good run. Thanks for getting me hooked on it, thread.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I now want to make a webtoon with the goal of seeing how many items I could knock off that lost before being banned

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also don't channel Trump, Shauna, you're better than that.

But she's in a situation where she needs to get the other person to focus on her words instead of what she's doing, and to throw them off balance by infuriating them!

It seems like the perfect time to channel Trump.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Man, I still remember when Diaz was just a regular old forums shitposter. (ezBoards, not here)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I know I know these dudes in scary go round and it's driving me crazy that I can't remember why I know who they are, or who they are.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Wow thanks for pointing out the chair thing to me, I totally missed that. On reread I understand and that's messed up!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Wait did they die again somehow?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

This is incredible and horrible. Thank you.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Man, I don't know what it is exactly, but I've really been loving Scary Go Round lately. Just something about it has really been hitting the right spot over and over again.

Also I'm super glad Scout and Shelley are secret friends for reasons I can't quite explain.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I like it alright. But then I am historically a lot more forgiving of comics with a daily or near daily update schedule. Not as good as Sluggy or Schlock Mercenary but still maybe the fourth best daily update comic I read?

Although if anyone wants to point to better daily update comics to read instead I am all for it...

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah this is a pretty sharp escalation in Sluggy Freelance world. Its not the end, Schlock almost certainly wasnt in the building, but it is definitely getting there.

Also Junior Scientist Power Hour finally updated again! Abby Howard is still my favorite webcomic person and her new dinosaur book is great but man her "main" comic really hasnt had much content for a while. Maybe now that the books out we will be seeing updates more regularly.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Poppy update.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Back before the clevining that happened here someone posted Last Halloween as a good sfw comic.

Good yes but I would not exactly call it safe for work. Despite being a comic about a small child it has both a bit of nudity and a good deal of ultraviolence.

Both of those seem done now that the scene as been set so probably sfw to keep up but I wouldnt archive binge personally.

Still a very good comic and more worth talking about than SFP.

Also the author did an educational dinosaur comic book thing thats quite fun.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

In other webcomics news, Sluggy Freelance is officially no longer a daily webcomic. (even a weekdaily one)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah I'm not seeing how any of this is Riley's fault beyond Riley not going out of her way to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I've heard the game that finally came out (or at least the first "part") is actually decent though.

• Locked thread