Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh gently caress oh poo poo, the Monster Killers domain expired and Archive.org didn't save every page or any of the images. I hope someone more diligent than me archived it somewhere, I thought I'd saved Towers but apparently I just remembered how to get to the page that had it. I LOVE TOWER >:]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hooray apparently I'm not the only one with a Monster Killers-shaped hole in my heart, and someone is working to fill it. Looks like it has all the main archives other than TRAPZ, though not terribly well organized (it files the first Fragment About Monster Killers as "Superdracula") but it's better than anything I've found so far.

e: oh god it's missing some of my favorites, These Aren't About Anything, the stories about fantastic organisms like the labyrinth animal, which traps unicellular prey in a maze too difficult for single-celled brain to solve, along with various other weird things in between Superdracula's thing and NIght-Time Medical College. THERE'S STILL WORK TO BE DONE.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 15, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

I could have sworn this actually finished. It was on hiatus/updating irregularly close to the end, so a lot of the last strips don't fit in to the story (such as it was), and I remember the ending being somewhat weak, but I'm sure it had one.

Yeah, it ended with "Dawn touches the Time Fish and derps happily ever after." None of the plot threads got resolved but really, who read Dawn of Time for the plot rather than the dinosaur rock band?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Interspersing full-blown choreographed, animated shorts into a comic; the collaborative nature of the shorts, both music and supplemental art, and the influence of the music on the scripts of the shorts; the interactive game-like and toy-like segments; and yes, the chatlogs. Those were all groundbreaking and still mostly unique, but well worth exploring further.

Yes even the chatlogs, like so much of Homestuck they'd have been fine if Hussie had an editor to say "condense this down to no more than a screen-length and drop the typographic gimmicks," and when kept legible they really are an effective way of presenting dialogue in the format. I'm sure it's not the only way, but it obviously works if you don't let it get out of hand.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm glad people are still talking about this so I can post this picture of a South African:

Her son's hobby is launching rockets from his volcano lair. I'm not even joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Avshalom posted:

in a way we are all bad webcomics, but the worst webcomic of all... is my sweet can

in that it has four panels

• Locked thread