Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I was going off it but then the baby attack pulled me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DekeThornton posted:

Of the comic itself or the comics thread? Because I have no complaints about the former but gave up on the latter months ago and have no desire to re-visit it.

The Gunnerkrigg thread went to absolute poo poo when Tony came back. There was basically endless petty arguing between the people who were on Tony's side and the people who weren't.

It was pretty decent before that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh hey, Girl Genius is picking up an an incredibly old plot hook.

I always figured they would come back to it eventually if they went long enough, but still, it's been over a decade and a transition from print to online.

I always figured that particular plot hook was the comic's central plotline and it was always building up to it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zereth posted:

Didn't Baron Wulfenbach show up with Some drat Spark Gizmo and set it off trapping him and everything/body else in the town in stasis?

Yeah, Wulfenbach froze the town with a gizmo.

I don't remember what teleportation lamp he's talking about. Is it the teleportation gateway that Agatha jumped through as the town was being frozen? And the time freeze meant it took like a year for her to materialise on the other side.

Also possibly linked to that story: the time window from those two panels looks a lot (but not exactly) like the rift in space that the time-monster is coming through in frozen Mechanicsburg.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Sep 17, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Incidentally, my mad Girl Genius theory: I think that the night Bill proposed and Lucrezia drugged Klaus and sent him to Skifander, when she said she was determined to change and become good, she meant it. She used the beacon-engine-ish thing in her secret lab to remove her 'evil' impulses and cast them out, and that become the Other. The Beacon Engines draw upon that cast-out personality. At some point they managed to get downloaded into the Muse of Time body, which attacked Castle Heterodyne to try and get its original body back. Good Lucrezia fled, and - in this one here, panel one is Lucrezia Classic, panel two is Good Lucrezia, and panel five is Evil Muse Of Time Lucrezia. Evil Lucrezia doesn't have her Spark, which is why she hasn't really created anything new.

Last time I read it through I felt like it fit a bunch of other elements in the story I can't quite remember.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 19, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

From what the demon-masking people said it sounds like they can also use the keys to teleport other people.

Or they can delegate keys to trusted minions.

I'm not sure what'd dumber in the last panel - drinking the drink, or announcing that she's got a non-king key.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i'm p sure the keys mean the bearer can permit or restrict access to the corresponding universes to any number of people, if nothing else because the other way would make them pretty useless. Total control over the comings and goings of your subjects makes you the tyrant of an empire with trade and armies and stuff. Total control over where you, personally, can go makes you a hobo.

We saw earlier that they can have standing gates anyone can go through, I assume the ruling kings leave those open most of the time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

In other Demon related news, Hunter seems to have learned a new trick.

And it looks like he's moved bodies, which... eh, doesn't necessarily rule out the foetal Jimmy theory, but it makes it a lot more difficult.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

That makes sense to me, actually; while the black mask (well, black-ish; the red tinge to the horns and such is more apparent to me now) and such made me think ebon devil, particularly after all the buildup, and the idea of a devil getting old seemed strange to me, the "I'm so old and weak" gambit seemed a bit simple for such a theoretically powerful and dangerous being. I was wondering if I was missing something.

He said he was old and his power was waning - but waning power when you started crazily powerful can still leave you pretty drat powerful without lying.

Although it might be more interesting if he's a weak devil with a huge amount of wisdom and experience.

It's what constitutes a game of skill that I'm really curious about now. I'm surprised that wasn't hammered out prior to the contract. I'm guessing that a Sailor Moon Trivia Contest doesn't count.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 1, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

Two-page update on Demon.

It's starting to get a little silly.

I'd have thought the introduction of dozens more Demons into the story would have more fanfare. I hope they ran extra loyalty tests on those commandos.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

Doesn't matter, because they're all going to be dead within thirty pages.

Dead, or causing way more damage than Jimmy ever dreamed of.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SexyBlindfold posted:

The comments section for that strip has already guessed the most fantastic outcome for the devil's challenge.

"Shine in your head" = she hands him a bottle of blonde hair dye? Ahahahahahahaha.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'll be honest, I'd vote Radical after this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

I'm getting real sick of King Radical, he should have just stabbed him to death two pages again and been done with it.

The issue with Radical is that it wasn't really clear for a long time that he was the true story-long plot of McNinja rather than a transient villain that just kept loving going, so we all kept going 'is that it for- no? Again?' over and over until we were sick of it.

Brought To You By posted:

So in Demon, I think Hunter just won.

Just caught up with Demon. Didn't Gellman say it was possible for a demon to duplicate themselves? I figure that's where we're going.

Also, I love Hunter's incredibly stupid plan. Replace every democratically-elected leader of the future world with a person happy to ruthlessly and first-handedly murder a dozen people to reach that position and think that this somehow leads to lasting peace.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 22, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Paris is SO hosed. (Girl Genius)

(Those things are slaver engines, which can spit out tiny mosquito-sized wasps which can allow the big bad to control the mind of whoever gets infected.)

Oh man, Paris is so hosed.

At least they're probably not the Spark-possessing-capable ones. Paris has a lot of Sparks, combine it with their ability to create godly poo poo on the fly and they might be able to put up a decent resistance.

Actually, I suspect the more likely outcome, if Paris has any chance, will be Agatha's ability to command slavers coming back into play.

Why hasn't Gil spread the inoculation formula to loving everyone? Friend and enemy alike.

Zweihander01 posted:

So in the other webcomic about demons, K6BD

I recommend the Kill Six Billion Demons Thread.

Pretty sure those are wings that they've stuffed in there, simply because of the way it lines up with the Thorns removing their wings.

Begemot posted:

The thorn knights are in physical bodies, that's why they don't have wings.

6 Juggernaut isn't in his armour, we see that here. His ethereal body looks like that because it's been shaped by his hosed-up armor.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 24, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ixjuvin posted:

im so angry that Jimmy isnt dead

you bastard how could you spoil me that I never would have seen it coming

Anyway, he may claim to be the smartest person alive, but he's not smart enough to use a comma in his last sentence. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PopZeus posted:

So my roommate and I made a silly 55 comic run called Soggies. It's about a omnipotent slug having fun in his own little universe. Going for a simple, crude, cut and paste style. If the below image appeals to you, check it out, it will only take a few minutes to click through 'em all, thanks!

https://ssooggggiieess.com/comic/1/

That was oddly charming.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dabir posted:

So I am. Alright, it doesn't have nearly enough paranoid, dribbling insanity.

Or prostitution.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chuck is only from about 30 years or so ahead, isn't he? He was from the dinosaur invasion era, I thought.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect him to be unable to kill himself, gets born, and then there's a comedy of him trying to kill himself while his parents babyproof his life and protect him from himself.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's the teleport orb, but Elan's gonna come along and Banjo'll cause the upset. There's an OotS thread.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't hate on QC for the art. Because if you go and look at every few hundred strips or so, he's at least progressing. Slowly. And he came from a very bad start.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It seems like we're in an endgame that's just gonna bring back everyone, if you haven't been following along you're pretty hosed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jackard posted:

why does this dude stick his peoples in the same side of every single panel

you... do know there was originally other people there right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah Doc I think King Radical might've been the better option congrats on screwing everything up again

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

Her parents are really lucky that their daughter Undine Wells had water powers. Would've been embarrassing if she could control gravity or something.

All five of them had names from their elements. Undine, Quintessence, Salamander, Sylph, Gnome.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Catching up on the past few weeks of Demon. This made me literally cackle. Love a good lightspeed gag.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roundtrip. Three seconds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Girl Genius just brought out a major puzzle piece.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tunicate posted:

Before I check, are they currently in any large, fortified building?

They are underground!

A large, fortified underground facility.

So far we've gone from a large, fortified airship to a large, fortified castle to a large, fortified underground library. I think we're just descending.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

how do i embed webms

Just stick them between Url tags.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

i could have sworn i've seen people embed them here on sa

Yeah, it'll embed if you put them in URL tags.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

All that remains to see is if he can top "I'm back, bitches!" before it ends.

I wonder how many Jimmys are left. The one we're seeing right now is pretty hosed up.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 10, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paradoxGentleman posted:

uh. I suppose they are both stories about the nature of the universe, although they approch that story in a very different way. The funny thing is, even though I understand most of Homestuck I am terribly confused by KSBD.

Depending when you read them, but a few months ago the early chapters of K6BD had their dialogue cleaned up and a few extra pages added to make it easier to understand what was going on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Jimmy gonna get shanked

If he is, s'what you get for teaching your kid to be a psychopath for 300 years.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Blindspring has been running a short story as a filler. It's a sort of Russian version of Cinderella. Today's page was funny; Cinderella would have been improved if Cindy got rid of her wicked stepmom and stepsisters with a magical incendiary grenade.

It's a retelling of an actual Russian folk tale, too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mostly we just make the same tired Eglamore joke over and over and mock Chibisoma's breakdown.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anyone get what he's going for in the last panel of today's Wonderella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

if you clapped your eyes together somehow it would probably hurt too

Ohhhhhhhh.

• Locked thread