Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

fun hater posted:

My comic got added to Hiveworks! :buddy: I'm really excited.

i like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

PopZeus posted:

So my roommate and I made a silly 55 comic run called Soggies. It's about a omnipotent slug having fun in his own little universe. Going for a simple, crude, cut and paste style. If the below image appeals to you, check it out, it will only take a few minutes to click through 'em all, thanks!

https://ssooggggiieess.com/comic/1/

I'm at #12 and I like it so far. Slug is cool and not afraid of anything.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Sepherothic posted:

Hi folks. I'm just getting rolling with a webcomic and wouldn't mind some critique.

http://www.theauroracycle.com

It's... different. The idea behind it was to be super efficient in terms of art while also having a real strong literary voice. The goal being to have a faster update schedule than most, and a more thoughtful approach to story than your usual fantasy comic circlejerk. I don't know how well I did any of that, so I need to you tell me.

Also, this is kind of unusual for a webcomic, but before I even started the comic I wrote two prequel novels (strictly optional) to really exercise my story muscles and get all the cliche poo poo out of the way. Which, well, I am not really sure how people are going to take that.

I have two chapters up right now (about 50 pages), with a third coming in a week or so, and a fourth a few weeks after that. I am planning updating by chapter, because it gives me time to properly edit 20 pages at a time, rather than the piecemeal approach where I can't change story bits as easily. I might change that update schedule to something weekly in the future, but for now I'm just trying to lay down the intro as fast as I can.

So yeah. Anything anyone wants to say is okay by me. I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Not really my thing but it's innovative enough. It could work.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Megazver posted:

Basileus is a sword-and-sorcery comic about two amoral bastards in a weird fantasy world. It's very Vance and Leiber.

I tried it and it's oscillating between verbose and pedantic.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Well I guess it's too high-level for me.

I'm already barely coping with Achewwod.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Tollymain posted:

i think i liked this

http://turbofanatic.com/hosting/comics/aphelion01.pdf

it's short, about thirty pages. it's sort of an uglier transhumanism story, i think? warning for body horror and gore

author has a tumblr of the same name

God drat that's beautiful.

e: Also I'll be crossposting the link to a certain ADTRW thread because of reasons.

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 2, 2016

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
So anyone else floored by the SSSS artist teaching herself how to code in C# all by her lonesome on top of updating her full-color webcomic 4 times a week in order to make her own video-game I mean jesus christ what did she trade Satan for that kind of stamina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Let me remind this thread that Boulet exists.

Read the rest.

• Locked thread