Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
http://doopliss.tumblr.com/post/125975611219

Too many images to post here, just have a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why do like half the arty comics out there suddenly have text like this i am looking at your thing on a giant rear end photo-editing screen and can't read poo poo

Tumblr is scaling it, the actual images are print resolution and legible at that size. If I had a better link I'd use it.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

If Neckbeard Trunks is not named "Jorts" I am going to be highly disappointed.

Unless it's something funnier.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Reiley posted:

It is with great regret that I must report his name is probably Crush, son of Huge

The urge to argue with maximum sperg about a Dragonball parody comic is overwhelming and I am resisting with great difficulty.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Not all forms of gaining personal validation are healthy. Most of the ones involving the internet aren't.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

It's not "Jorts" but this is okay too.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

I have actually seen the original buttlord comics and they are... bad. Not surprisingly they look exactly like something you'd expect a guy to scribble on a piece of lined notebook paper in a boring college class. There's a reason you probably haven't seen them.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Something FATE-derived might work. I can't imagine anything rules-heavy would work at all since a big part of the appeal of the background is how the local physics seem driven by a universal narrative rather than any particular set of natural laws.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

I don't know much about it outside of that thread's description but anything with a grid seems like it might be restrictive. At the core it's D&D 4e's combat system which is great for game balance in squad-level tactical combat but not so good for (say) fighting a mile-high construct made of solar plasma and shedded angel carapace while riding on the backs of tamed shadow-garuda.

I thought about something using FATE as a base because of the semi-abandoned project "Soft Horizon" which seemed to handle the kind of scale required for where a K6BD game might go. In my mind, a K6BD RPG would need to be driven by story needs and not rules, and is likely to have characters of vastly different "power levels" but equal plot importance, and systems like FATE are one of several good places to start developing games like that.

Obviously YMMV.

[edit] If this turns into a big discussion then we should take it to tradgames and start a thread there.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

that sounds like the glorantha's heroquest system

If you're talking about this, then maybe it has the same potential. I haven't read or played it.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Megazver posted:

I'd prefer an Apocalypse World hack. There's something deeply unsatisfying about FATE's mechanics for me.

That I'm familiar with and yeah, that might work too. FATE was just what came to mind first.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

"Brainchild" is updating again.

quote:

Sorry for that unexpectedly long hiatus, everyone! Long story short–life got in the way, as it tends to, for a series of a weeks, and for a while it was hard to find my footing to get back to working on this comic. Without speaking too soon, it feels like I’m back on solid ground now!
If you're a new reader, don't read the current pages, go to the start. It takes a while for things to start happening but when they do it's a hell of a thing.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Is it time for a K6BD thread?

If so, it needs to be named "Kill Six Billion Threads - Reach Heaven Through Posting".

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the weird obsessive behaviors every single-comic thread develops

This is a good point and I withdraw the suggestion.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Oil of Paris posted:

I'm looking for a webcomic I read a couple years back, that started out as a very poorly drawn, extremely offensive slice of life comic between a blonde boy and his best friend, a Hispanic (?) girl. "human being" is used as often as "the." After awhile, there's a HUGE twist in the plot and the story changes dramatically. I've been looking for it but can't remember the name for the life of me. Please help goons!

"It Hurts"? It has its own thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

PbtA is probably the best choice for K6BD, now that I've had some time to think about it. (I like FATE-based systems better for other things but in this case it's probably not the right choice.) And yeah, Dungeon World attempts to shoehorn it into a dungeon crawl motif and that really doesn't work very well.

• Locked thread