Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
There's a thread for Strong Female Protagonist, as well. Though I think that was more to keep that discussion from making GBS threads up this thread, but it's still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Wrist Watch posted:

Dude just likes the universe he's created. I can't bring myself to get mad at someone so earnest.

I also get the impression that he realizes he put a lot of stupid stuff in it when he was younger, and he seems pretty okay with just kind of ignoring most of it.

If he stopped EGS and decided to do something else, I don't know if it would really be any good, or that he'd have the passion for it.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

All the web's a page,
And all the men and women merely readers;
They have their filler and their fetishes,
And artists in their time play many parts,
Their acts being seven pages. At first the newbie,
Mewling and joking about console games.
Then, the whining artist with Patreon
And seething Tumblr grudge, drawing like snail,
Unwilling to update. And then the pervert,
Sighing and pumping, who with one hand only
draws their mistress lacking arms. Then, a zealot,
Full of opinions, and armed with the barb,
Jealous partisan, sullen, and quick on Twitter
Seeking a bubble echo chamber
Even with a rape chapter. And then, the old hand,
with fair round belly, or a famed expo named,
Their face pig-like, or head so very bald,
Full of trite gags, and modern pretences,
And so they play vidya. The sixth page shifts
Into the mean and miserable loon,
With fur Columbine or kokoro wish,
Their youthful edge preserved, words too many
For the shrink’s hour, and their big drawing hand,
Twisting again toward childish scribble, gripes
And meltdowns on their mind. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange shameful history,
Is newfound child-hate forcing an abortion
Sans words, sans art, sans taste, all ends in loss.

Probably the best thing to come out of the SFP thread.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Teddybear posted:

Hey, always worth an ask: are there any good webcomics with LGBT themes/characters? I know of Check Please, which is slow-updating but pretty cute, and somewhat along the lines of what I was looking for.

I'd say El Goonish Shive also kinda fits the bill for non-heteronormative themes/characters. There are gay people, and trans people, and other stuff. It's basically a fetish webcomic that attempts to stay in PG-13 territory, and opinions on here tend not to be too kind on it because of that (though I wouldn't rate it one of the best webcomics, it's enjoyable enough to me for me to keep reading). Your mileage may vary :shrug:

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Today's Oscar Wilde is a glorious payoff. Going back and reading the first few pages of the chapter, and it's a whole new way of looking at it.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

To be honest, I wasn't really digging this hipster-barrista plot until now. But I also am not a coffee-shop person at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I had no idea about Lorelai as a mythological/folklore thing. It's possible for someone to be genre-savvy and just not know all of the genre.

It's an interesting concept—take a siren who just wants to be loved for herself, and not because she accidentally used her magic enchanting powers that just kind of happen. I suppose there's something to be said about gender politics when you consider that the male analogue is "I just want to be loved for myself, and not for my money".

quote:

The next chapter of Wilde Life: Oscar finds that Podunk is oddly deserted, despite all the efforts apparently made to attract tourists, like this whole statue park that appeared. He goes on a date with the attractive girl at the park's entrance booth, a goth chick with a pet snake, named Maddie Ouza.

Speaking of gender politics, the snake was foisted on her by a female pet store owned after she was raped in the pet store by the owner's uncle, and the owner is super pissed that Maddie had sex and defiled her wonderful, natural place.

(At least, in Ovid's telling)

Axiem fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 4, 2017

• Locked thread