Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

WrathOfBlade posted:

I draw a comic called Badnix! I would be pretty chuffed if people would check that out.

People often compare it to RPG World and Kid Radd, which I think is very accurate & kind. (I like to believe it at least punches in at whatever weight class Bob & George was in)

(e: incidentally I also host the Job Dog site and that was just a dumb service interruption, Job Dog will remain online for at least as long as I am alive/solvent)

I read it! It's pretty good, you guys should check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

Yeah, several years ago, and she's been largely silent since then. No posts on the blogspot in 2 years, nothing on the facebook in over a year (where she said she was writing a new blog post and a second book), nothing on twitter in almost a year. Considering how deep her depression went, I'm getting worried again. :ohdear:

You should listen to her interview on Mark Maron's WTF podcast. It's quite illuminating. Not only she has clinical depression, but also she had cancer and had to get her baby-making bits removed and her sister drove a car into a train. poo poo just keeps piling onto her.

That said, I believe she said that despite all this, she's doing okay-ish now and the reason there's no new posts is that she decided to stop posting online and just publish everything she writes in a book. Maybe she'll post some of the new poo poo when the book comes out, I dunno.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'd prefer an Apocalypse World hack. There's something deeply unsatisfying about FATE's mechanics for me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Quite frankly, the way K6BD Patreon is going, I'd split off the RPG stretch goal and make it 2000 dollars.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Operant posted:

I'm a little reluctant to commit right now because one of those patrons is pledging $83 dollars a month which I suspect MAY not last for the next few weeks, but I'm pretty sure it's going to get there anyway.

I just found the original MSPA thread and I really hope grimdrunk makes it into the reboot.

Also, I noticed that three out of four groups of Inheritors have names - humans, devils, angels - but the fourth one doesn't. It's triggering my nerd OCD. How about 'spirits'? That seems like a good fit.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
As a general description, yes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

it is now

(x)

I like how this is actually a story-related joke as well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Devil grandpa looks rad, I hope he becomes a party member.

As a sidenote, I saw this cat photo and I thought "K6BD inspiration!":

(Flour.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The extra-long Extraordinary Comics #400 is pretty rad.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Plethora, your comic is good, keep doing it.

But unless you're actually Japanese, edit out the 'Megumi Tomoe', you loving weeb.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's not a character, it's the name the strips are signed with. Which is pretty loving weeb, sorry.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

You have issues.

Nah. :smugdog:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I read it. I love Abby's art and I think she is very funny, but she's still working on her writing skills and it doesn't really work here. The tone is off-key and doesn't work like seven times out of ten. Still, I like her enough to finish reading it and hope her next project works better.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

I don't think that The Last Halloween is anything special, but she has made some good stuff eg.

Yeah, I really like JSPH. Like Tycho, she's funny but hasn't quite mastered the long form yet.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

It's kinda weird having those bunny people look at a rabbit paw. Or is that part of the art style? Was it a human hand?

It's probably one of those things you shouldn't think too hard about. Like Goofy and Pluto.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
April Fools sure is hilarious.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Is this an advertisement for that game where you play as a dad who has to keep a baby from killing itself?

Not that I am aware of.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

O-okay. :(

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am of a mind that if you enjoy drawing pretty naked people, that's perfectly fine.

It does get a little weird if you're also highly vocal about how drawing pretty naked people for your enjoyment is totes bad and wrong and then seemingly obliviously do the same.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am not sure what is happening now but I think I hate the lot of you.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So for those who haven't been keeping up, did Homestuck just finally end or something?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Basileus is a sword-and-sorcery comic about two amoral bastards in a weird fantasy world. It's very Vance and Leiber.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I tried it and it's oscillating between verbose and pedantic.

It's going for a Jack Vancian flavor. I think it works.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Actually reading it, yes, it is a good Fafhrd and Gray Mouser pastiche. The dialogue and pacing feel right out of the stories, just with swears. And penises.

e: And that was all :geno: Again, there should be against linking interesting comics still in their infancy.

Hey, the more eyeballs the sooner the artist will probably set up a Patreon and maybe do more pages a week.

vvv Nah, he's still doing it. He posted it on /r/fantasy earlier today, that's how I found it.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

Does the comic have an RSS feed? I don't use them, because I am a loving luddite, but that would remind you each time it updates right?

I asked him to make one, so here you go:

http://www.basileuscomic.com/rss/feed.xml

• Locked thread