Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

find the thread that alexander delarge does not post in to find the good mmo.

But I already posted in Haven and Hearth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Third World Reggin posted:

find the thread that alexander delarge does not post in to find the good mmo.

Please do not make fun of my poor neighbor from Tree of Life.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Weird thing is many people would instantly buy a 2016 remake of daoc, with up to date animations and ui and some QOL upgrades.

Pantheon is trying to do this for EQ1. For pure pve game that is

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I would do that with eq. I liked the old days of shooting the poo poo with my friends while farming mobs in crush bone

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, did this game die in the cradle already? why all this talk.

I'm also amazed that people still pre-order games years before they are made.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You are not buying a game, you are donating money so games you like have a chance at getting made.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

It's like giving money to charity except you don't make the world any better.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have a significantly better return with these crowdfunding games than the last 12 years of bullshit coming from AAA MMOs. At least we're getting things other than WoW clones.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I kickstarted Darkest Dungeon and Hyperlight Drifter, and they turned out great. Kickstarting MMOs is a fools game though.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The alternative is no shot at pvp mmos ever. I don't even plan on playing this game but i tossed them like 35 bucks anyways because i want pvp mmos to exist.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I have a significantly better return with these crowdfunding games than the last 12 years of bullshit coming from AAA MMOs. At least we're getting things other than WoW clones.

None of them are even real games yet.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shy posted:

None of them are even real games yet.

Still had more fun with them in pre-alpha early access whatever than "this themepark is totally going to be the one that satisfies me!" flavor of the week games that MMO tourists flocked to.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 4, 2016

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I think I'd actually like a new mmo that's not a wow clone if only it was released, working and promising. I admire your ability to enjoy these pre-alphas or whatever they call it. One day, Alexander, one day.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Hello friends

The game has actually been developing.

OP update is soon.

ty god bless

Orv
May 4, 2011
Goddamnit Kimsemus where are you when I need to make bad decisions. Log on motherfucker.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Orv posted:

Goddamnit Kimsemus where are you when I need to make bad decisions. Log on motherfucker.

hello friend I am on now!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not that I think the game will go far with the buttwing demon race, but why does everyone think it died suddenly? did I miss something?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
They had a really slow development period recently, where it was like 6 months of doing backend stuff and not much news or promotion. So we're still waiting to see if they end up cobbling everything together.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Information that I really want to know about, and I'm sure many people do, is what kind of abilities the classes will have.

I know from a programming point of view this isn't as important as a working engine and physics and everything, but in the end for the players it is really important.
Once they start releasing this kind of actual gameplay information people will really start getting interested and involved.

It is kind of funny how slow it all goes though. I'm an industrial engineer and between backing this project on kickstarter and today I have completed the design, construction and commissioning of two complete chemical factories starting from scratch.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It's been so long I forgot what faction goons are supposed to one day be playing.

Though really I think we should wait, see which way the pubbie wind blows, and then pick the one that'll enrage them best.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Kimsemus posted:

They had a really slow development period recently, where it was like 6 months of doing backend stuff and not much news or promotion. So we're still waiting to see if they end up cobbling everything together.

Please tell me we can fish together Kimsemus. I missed you :(

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Anoia posted:

It's been so long I forgot what faction goons are supposed to one day be playing.

Though really I think we should wait, see which way the pubbie wind blows, and then pick the one that'll enrage them best.

Change the thread title to Software Development Chained. I'm still excited for this game but yeah, it is crawling.I imagine the goon direction will be mostly the new Midgard, dwarves and vikings and poo poo, with a smaller group going to the human faction, and like two people who will never admit it going to play the cat people race.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

JackDRipper posted:

Please tell me we can fish together Kimsemus. I missed you :(

There is hope friend.

There is hope.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

extra stout posted:

Change the thread title to Software Development Chained. I'm still excited for this game but yeah, it is crawling.I imagine the goon direction will be mostly the new Midgard, dwarves and vikings and poo poo, with a smaller group going to the human faction, and like two people who will never admit it going to play the cat people race.

The cat race goons will have a small but functional guild, and will laugh as the large goon guilds melt down due to infighting. I will join the large guild because it is unadulterated fun to watch everything burn down.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Anoia posted:

If this game actually happens I would still like to play as the Hybernian National Liberation Army.

Are there any classes of theirs that explode?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

extra stout posted:

and like two people who will never admit it going to play the cat people race.

Have you seen the number of posters in the FF14 thread? Cats will blot out the sun.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
The only race I could never play are the Buttwings... I mean come on, seriously?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I wanna be a Viking 10 years from now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
why wait

I am going to a sex dungeon later this week dressed as a viking

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
this is me bookmarking this thread in order to stay abreast of the game's eventual failure or improbable success

either way it should be fun, eh?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
holy lol light googling showed there actually was a recent update

e: also a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Gt2IXrRYI

what the gently caress is up with the way people run. this is going to be dumpster fire

The Mantis fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 11, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
What is up with pre-alpha animations?

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Orv posted:

What is up with pre-alpha animations?

Friend of a friend told me things will get polished before release (they wont).

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean look I don't think they (or this game) will ever amount to anything spectacular, but they probably won't leave it as some weird American modernism piece called Retard Slipping On Ice Eternal.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Shodai posted:

Friend of a friend told me things will get polished before release (they wont).

I honestly hope they leave it in as an option. It's majestic.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
everyone calm down, its just an alpha!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

everyone calm down, its just an alpha!

stop appropriating my memes

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
>your meme
wew lad

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The Mantis posted:

what the gently caress is up with the way people run. this is going to be dumpster fire

Inspired by the NES classic 3d WorldRunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The animations are still a little rough.

Or basically nonexistent.

Which is a word that still applies to a lot of this game, unfortunately.

• Locked thread