Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Lol at the "I am sorta committed" pack. Originally I thought it was supposed to be committed to the game, but no, it's committed to a realm. It locks you into a particular realm, and if you deactivate that lock you don't get most of the benefit of the $30 you spent for the fancy realm-specific textures.

Still probably gonna play this at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You have to be online for the entirety of the 60m DOTA game so I don't think your comparison is very apt. Plus a lot of people play DOTA, so why DO so many hundreds of thousands to millions play a game for 60m that they might lose? http://steamcharts.com/app/570 It's probably because if you want to play a pvp game, you have to accept that you have a chance at losing or else your opponents are simply not going to play. They aren't AI driven demons like in Diablo.

On another note, are they also resetting the game every 6 months or something? I thought that was Crowfall's gimmick.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 6, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Still, your initial complaint was "who's going to play if they might lose".

There's something to be said for variety. Some people aren't married to dota and like to play the field. The game doesn't need millions of people. Only enough.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

If it's like the pirates of the burning sea blackbeard server situation, it was more like "guaranteed to lose". Which means they quit.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Someone who understands their weakenesses! A great quality in a leader. We made the right choice.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

I was worried this was going to be that horrible voxelmancy poo poo EQL turn into, but a related video showed a much simpler means of construction.

However, did anyone stop to think players would just make their own crafter alt so they can make their own house instead of pay another person to do it? Like come on, you're not fooling anyone into thinking crafters are going to earn a virtual income.
Gold sellers can do pretty well sometimes I hear.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Sorry to disappoint you but I'll be playing the dragongirl race.
This av/post combo has not gone unappreciated.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I will make two identical characters except one is weaker in winter and fall, while the other is weaker in spring and summer.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You know people are going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh yeah, I can only use my summer character right now.

• Locked thread