Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
kimsemus you know if this ever comes out, good or bad ill play with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What pack should I get

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You fucklords are tempting me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It probably ought to have been in the game in a fair and good world where I could roll as a Shade and stealth around and poo poo on people but I get the budget thing and at least they aren't over promising or doing dumb stretch goals, instead just adding on to core features

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i did its pretty interesting

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he is mostly right but thats just because all mmo developers are just awful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please keep me updated imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think this one may have a chance of happening

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All my favorite shitposters post here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Most mmos were better when we were 13 and could just be shitlords all summer

You get off a lovely day at work now and you don't want to play a terrible game that requires you to invest a lot of time for little payoff

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my guess is that hy_c was making a joke

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

well look who is now off the list

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait for the inevitable goon schism on launch for this game ala planetside

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
as you should

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
other than the pedo stuff yea that happens with most goon guilds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like my friends at sfd

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Tartan Tory posted:

That is literally, 100% exactly what happened to goons in GW2 and PS2.

GOKU & Goon
Buzzcut Psycho
GOKU & Goon work together
Some weird Mumble drama & Admiral Snuggles drama
Larger group actually absorbs some members from the smaller group (what a twist)
all the goons quit

so yea you are 100% right lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I remember one time when we were in a zone on Indar like maybe Abandoned NS Offices? I think?

GOKU was fighting Buzzcut directly, and GOON pushed up and just started making GBS threads on the TR only from across a ridge

pretty funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Tartan Tory posted:

Wasn't that on Esamir, when we had an ATRA night to really piss off BCP?

its possible

in my mind I was thinking desert, so Indar, but maybe it was snow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

All people who are a member of the Something Awful forums are required to be in the same guild at all times. Actually wanting to do your own thing is expressly prohibited.

the amount of hate in the main goon guild chat at the like 10 goons who played in a guild together in Archeage was amazing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bait and swatch i dont know if you guys had an alt in the main goon guild since I'm pretty sure you were one of them but man, just the fact that you guys had a good time outside of the goon guild made you a goonfucker

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

We were in the main goon guild until the pedo stuff arose, then we became goonfuckers. Watching the fishing drama from the outside was hilarious, since we were out killing fishers also while using the "something lawlful" tag that made pubbies blame the bigger group.

Also, if you remember when Wicked got really mad that one of the goon officers killed one of their officers and stole a bunch of trade packs, that was us too.

E: it was the defending of the pedos that made us leave. Didn't want it to sound like we were part of the goons who went pirate because they were mad that the pedos got booted.

holy poo poo that Wicked thing was a huge meltdown and I just assumed that it was some goons being goons, its way better that it wasn't even people in the same guild

after that happened I had Wicked officers try to steal thunderstrucks right in front of me at my hidden tree farms and I got on their teamspeak or whatever and made fun of them till I got kicked from the TS server

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's a good goal, lets say, 3 months after release as a guild. It didn't work in AA because people were being asked to give stuff up for the good of the guild when people were still trying to get the basics together. Once the guild has some gear, etc, then maybe the whole goonionism thing would be pretty sweet. I just remember the haves telling people they needed to contribute more when most people didn't even have a hasla bow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

malhavok posted:

I was mostly thinking about Age of Wushu, but that game was so screwed up i honestly don't know if our efforts worked or not.

Im all for goonionism I think it's awesome

For AA I didn't feel the mats went to the most deserving generally

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

Please post a trigger warning if you are going to bring up hasla tia

I can't believe they actually added the higher up weapons to extend the hasla grind lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

poo poo only works if the goon in charge is a competent leader of people. which means it never works

competent leader
posts on a "comedy" message board

choose one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
out of all the people there i am easily the least competent and probably least interested

i just like chiming in what I think we should do but not being the one to make the horrible decisions that guild leaders make

lot less pressure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Basically I think goonionism should be a thing, but it should be a bit after launch. When there are 100+ goons its easy to say everyone should help, but people are going to resent it because they won't get anything out of it. When you have a stable group of people after the goonrush is over then its a lot more realistic IMO.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Mothra put down like 10+ plots for goons too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nope

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It was a fun game despite itself