Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Thanks for making this thread. Was considering doing it myself for awhile.

The communication and general progress with the game seem great so far. I did feel some strong DAOC vibes from the RvR demo video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In the very least the RvR zone will be player/guild made castles and that will be interesting. I also like the direction they are taking stealth in, if you read the latest update on that.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just read the actual stealth post on the website. :)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Eonwe posted:

please keep me updated imo

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Game is still very much being developed, ignore the trolls.

Seriously, if you read their webpage for even 5 minutes you'd see that they have some of the most frequent, and detailed updates that I've seen from pretty much any company out there. For any given week you have a good idea of what they are working on and what the stretch goals are going towards.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

this is some rose tinted glasses

it was good for its day since it didn't really have competition

it was horrible mechanically

Guilds could do what, own a keep, upgrade it, lose it at night unless they guarded it for a few days. Unless we are talking old frontiers.

There were a few classes that could debuff their own damage type and those were supreme.

No caps on how many targets aoes could hit was a big problem for a long time.

Rogues and archers being able to one shot something from stealth and stay in stealth.

Thanes literally having a lag hammer. Rune priests were the same for awhile.

30 minute cool downs on abilities that lasted 1-5 minutes or were instant and could be resisted.

The best move most melee had was a taunt or detaunt since it was low stamina usage.

They had to add in AAs to prevent melee trains from just hitting casters and even then they just gave an pbaoe root out but also gave the ability to purge that poo poo.

LOL this post feels like you played a month at launch.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It still feels like there aren't any decent PvP options. But, I'm one of those people that loved Mordred, cause I'm not a huge carebear bitch...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WoW killed any good pvp aspect for games coming out after it, imo.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

madpanda posted:

TBH i kind of wonder how much my enjoyment of Mordred was related to being a lovely teenager with no job at the time.

There was literally nothing more exciting that ruining a 100+ man raid with a pbae class. Or 100 players around level 10 trying to kill one level 50 in PKB.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sorry Reggin you're actually a really smart guy and I'd like to play limp bizkit with you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hope the new DF is like chip wars from RF online.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress WoW.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Put me straight on the treadmill and never let me off. I want boring rear end arena pvp and mandatory raiding!!!!!! Hahahaha YES!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Thanes were excellent in duels, or 1 vs 1, and that's about it. Not to mention hammer spammers ruined the image of any good players.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I will try this game if it's out and Uthgard is not up. None of TWR's ramblings will decide my opinion for me. :D

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Stonehenge.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I keep thinking stonehenge is the catacombs. There's no way you could lvl to 50 in stonehedge. The last room was just lvl 40-45 monsters.

The Wight room had oranges to a 50 iirc. Mostly I'd end up there when Lyonesse got old, or bad, or I just forgot to bind.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

And a whole hearted gently caress you to anyone who's not a silverhand

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

There's two other "stealth" characters with different poo poo, I thought.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

SURE WISH I HAD SOME WORTHY DEVELOPMENT DETAILS TO REPORT.

May the Light be with you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

They've added the framework to more easily replace all of the current animations, and are working hard to have the new animations done I think by the time Beta 1 rolls by. Lighting is in the process of being reworked and modernized, and there will be more news in a week in terms of Beta 1.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

How is this not out yet? I thought there was no and/or limited pve content and it's all pvp? The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seriously, how long does it take to make an mmo with no pve?

• Locked thread