Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

I'm glad of it!

And I think it will be pretty good. From the Alpha play I've seen, it's mechanically sound and they're focusing on the nuts and bolts of features to make sure what they want to do is properly supported. Unlike many developers trying to reinvent the wheel or imitate the past, they're doing a little of both -- taking what worked in previous games and what didn't, and refreshing it. They're very much rooted in the old school rules which means a huge amount of character investment without the need for alts, but also a huge amount of depth and customization.

I will say that the game appears to be in a "polish" stage, as the world and systems seem mostly done. A lot of what is being worked on now appears focused around the UI, models, and sound design.

Also, no instancing, and there is clipping so you can't just run through players. The "plate wall" of melee defending chokes and protecting squishy casters and ranged dps is very much back.

When is the Beta? any announcements on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Is it finally time for an mmo in the modern day, only time will tell. Will the mmo of the future be more evolved than the mmo of 10 years past, stay tuned next year to find out more.

The repopulation is what you are looking for.... :P

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
This message is approved by Kimseums!
###
We are testing a Discord Goon Community for Camelot Unchained game.

To sign up, use this link: https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QBUXYiv

Please add link to OP

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

hilarity ensues.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Pavlov posted:

Does this count as an off-site?

It's like an off-site chat and voip.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

how much goon guild money will you be stealing in this game?

salty

wrong game friend, go back to albion tears online.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Awful has to ground floor the IT infrastructure on every vaporware game, allowing him to finally be goon overlord of precisely one. Odds are in his favor if he keeps trying.

I run infrastructure on games because its a fun aspect for me. The services we have to communicate with the goons were always rock solid. Either way there is no need to drag drama from another game into this one, so kindly lets keep with the current OP Topic

tia

• Locked thread