Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i will play the free month of this game plus probably an additional one. beyond that :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im gay posted:

I've always wished there was an MMO game that could replicate the Keep/Relic/Stealth/8 man system of DAoC. Is/was there anything else like it?

many have tried, all have perished

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Shodai posted:

Our last chance? Why? Are we all gona die of aids soon?

after this game fails, the idea of RvR will expire like a reverse patent

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its great that so many bad games have a not zero chance of existing in 2016. i hope CU is one of them

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Hy_C posted:

Do we have an offsite setup yet?

seems early for all this. is a beta or something happening soon?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

im def going to be the gay elves

i will be the gay elf

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

even with all the history of splintering and us making fun of it, its going to happen again. god bless you goons, god bless

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

how about we all agree to hellpurge creepy people once its proven they creeped? i think this would solve like 80% of drama

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

poo poo only works if the goon in charge is a competent leader of people. which means it never works

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

competent leader
posts on a "comedy" message board

choose one

i like to think we got a passable crew running the AO show :shobon:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

This is why Eonwe is #guildleader.

Also, their idea of a class dedicated solely to building/crafting/gathering tickles my inner ore miner. Especially since we will be vikings and they have dwarves.

if gathering isnt shittier than it needs to be, ill probably be this guy

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zizi posted:

No, but you appear to be one of those people that make comments without reading the text they're quoting. So good job, I guess. I was one of the people that spent most of their time standing on the bow of a boat, bubbling dorks off of other boats and actually having fun.

Goonunism works fine. In some games. It's absolutely DEVESTATING used against Pubbies in ARK, for instance. But it relies on the people receiving the fruits of everyone's effort actually doing what they promised to. Which sure as hell wasn't what happened in AA-- there were what, at least three separate occasions of "funnel to x" followed by that person loving off to do whatever? And yet leadership got oh-so mad when no one wanted to funnel anymore.

Eonwe and Kimsemus are probably overall correct in their assessments, though I would also add that it ALSO works best when goonunism is about elevating everyone to a base level of being-established/competency/whatever and THEN about pushing forward. AA was the other way around-- they wanted to funnel to people to boost them into really good gear/ships/realestate/whatever with the promise they would then turn around and lift up the lowbies. In contrast, the aforementioned Goonunism in ARK, a few mostly-selfless-and-thankless people poopsock some levels and farm up materials so that when a new level 1 goon arrives in the game, they can pick up a full set of decent gear, hop on a tamed dinosaur, and just go to town, and we have like a half-dozen things they can be doing to help and be useful at any given point in time. that works, not this Archeage-style Trickle-Down Economics bullshit.

friend, i hear you on the thankless poopsocking part. everyone remembers BFM and the AA crew ruining everything. no one remembers the quiet people busily building things for goons to have fun with.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

without wrong think, we wouldnt know whats the correct opinion so thank you pwner.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kazvall posted:

Put me straight on the treadmill and never let me off. I want boring rear end arena pvp and mandatory raiding!!!!!! Hahahaha YES!!!

its epic gaming for sure

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Invariably, Arthurians are the "good" guys. In most games there is an influx of noobish players who pick them, as the "elites" go to other factions, but eventually all those factions collapse under the weight of the "good guy" faction constantly having the numbers to run objectives over and people don't want to miss out on the loot train.

I personally have no problem with this. I will push goons to go that faction because medium/long term it's always the best solution in games like this. Vikings "look" cool and have a nice aesthetic that a lot of Skyrim players will flock to, but at the end of the day when the chips are down 3-6 months after release, the zerg faction will be Arthurians. Goons do best in a faction like this where skill doesn't matter in the face of huge numbers. I've learned from experience that goonionism is a hammer to smash poo poo with, not a surgical knife.

this is the correct answer. play vikings to look cool while losing. play the good guys to win

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tempus Thales posted:

It's like an off-site chat and voip.

how much goon guild money will you be stealing in this game?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

everyone calm down, its just an alpha!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

>your meme
wew lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

The animations are still a little rough.

Or basically nonexistent.

Which is a word that still applies to a lot of this game, unfortunately.

it is unfortunate because camelot deserves a good remake

• Locked thread