Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
2 questions:

Are the Tuatha as awsome in this game as they were in irish mythology? Cus I really liked those dudes.

Can we play as the Hiberian National Liberation Army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Kazvall posted:

And a whole hearted gently caress you to anyone who's not a silverhand

Um, fat mushroom person supremacy?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Wisps are giving me GW2 mesmer vibes. I liked GW2 mesmers.

drat it this game's actually making me want to play it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Which vids? Do you mean the 50 vids of the dev guy talking?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

anime is for pedophiles

Shhhh, you're not supposed to say it out loud.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Picture it like minecraft, except the explode-y dudes shout at you with racial slurs.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Haha druids get human sacrifice. Also they're loving cthulhu wizards or something. Good stuff.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Wisps loving glow which seems like the opposite of stealth. To me scouts came off to me more like light, expendable, skirmishers. Hopefully that also means flitting about on the edges of fights and being a general nuisance. That was only thing I really enjoyed in GW2 RvR.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

So if camo is just like, the color of your clothing, how do classes like scout increase their concealment, or reduce others' with 'mark' abilities? What would reducing someone's concealment entail, throwing sparkles on their cloths?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

As long as the game has enough stuff to break before it implodes I'll be happy.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hello new blood. It's good to see we're having people j4g for a game that doesn't even exist yet.

This is a good precedent.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Monkey picture's worst of the bunch.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ozkar I'm going to save you some trouble and remind you that we're a bunch of elitist dismissive assholes. You post like you're trying to write an old-timey essay and people are going to mock the hell out of you for it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Because Ireland.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Petitioning for the next class to be named The Blodeuwedd.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Anoia posted:

That's kinda neat at least. I just hope it doesn't there doesn't end up being a standard min/max strategy where everybody chooses the same crap for minimal drawbacks and maximum gains like in a drat World of Darkness game.

I hope that they aren't re-rollable, so when the standard boon-buff combo gets nerfed everyone throws a poo poo fit.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Also veilstoners are healers weren't you even paying attention?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Don't get mad about video games.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

posting is the game

You're thinking of crowfall.

Until they shut it down at least.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Is crafting still supposed to be "like a pipe organ".

I remember them saying that once.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hal_2005 posted:

The game is not to play.

edit: I want to know what goes into the marketing meeting at these failed MMO startups when they are deciding which forums to astroturf. My follow up question being: And how the gently caress Something Awful even makes it into the slide deck.

edit2: this game will be a bigger flaming wreck then Eternal Crusade and Star Citizen for the brutal impact on Mythic's nostalgic fanbois. Hell, the founders of Mythic should sue these scrubs for crapping all over DAOC.

You're thinking about it too hard. They probably never even had a real marketing meeting.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hal tends to view things through the lens of the Illuminati because he is one of them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Warriors are tanks right? If people are dropping out of stealth to focus your tanks, then they're idiots. It's the squishies that kite to survive who get hosed by a root.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

This is true in any game where tanks are actually able to tank. So yes they may well gently caress it up.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I don't want to read all that. Someone summarize.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Maybe this is me stepping into the bad opinion zone, but I really like market-stall economies better in MMOs than centralized auction-houses. Auction houses are way easier to get what you want or make a quick buck on, but always come off seeming really boring. Checking through market stalls makes it feel more like going to a rummage sale or a hick antique show. There's a lot more room for finding a good deal or ripping someone off. Auction houses always end up like stock markets, and stock markets are always rigged.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Reggin I had to pull teeth to get you to even click on the auction house last time we MMOd. No it being in chinese isn't an excuse.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Remember how you said you get bored of MMOs once you've really figured them out? I'm a bit like that too. Problem with auction houses is I figured them out ages ago. They're efficient and convenient and streamlined, and honestly really boring. The most interesting thing that happens on the auction house is when someone manipulates a market, and I know that's one of your reasons for not liking them. Otherwise they turn just everything in the game into a known quantity. There's no discovery, little in the way of character or weirdness. That just makes it less time until I get bored and leave.

They also manage to give you the minimal amount of interaction with over players. Doing poo poo with, and loving with other people is the only thing MMOs actually have over single player and limited co-op. If I wanted a single player game I have those. Auction houses are about on par with NPC merchants. Random marketplaces full of people is something I only get in MMOs.

I can totally understand people who just want to get in, buy a sword, and get out. They just want to get onto whatever they see the real gameplay being. But if you can stand to use stalls, they're less of just a means of distribution, and more a part of the gameplay itself.

Ugh I hate that I have so many opinions about MMOs Reggin I blame you.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Puistokemisti posted:

I remember the player vendor huts in UO. What this actually accomplished that people who lucked out and got the premium spots, like Britain crossroads, made filthy amounts of money and people who got huts in rear end end of the universe had to stand at bank and beg people to visit their lovely shop.

Last game I played involved kiting mobs into town to kill the vendors people put down for their shops so you could steal their spot. It was dumb as hell but still way more amusing than the AH.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Minsky posted:

Nice no auction house to combat "MUDflation", I hope they announce corpse runs and xp loss next.

Hyperinflation is usually from poorly designed gold sinks. An AH tax can be a sink, but it's not like it's a mandatory one.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Depends, am I allowed to have gay sex for buffs

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

If I can't be a gay hooker buffbot then what's even the point

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Does this count as an off-site?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Tempus, you're just the current butt of a running joke. Don't think about it too hard.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hey, we can't all have anime meltdown rapsheets. As hard as I've been trying.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh right I forgot about them. I second whatever their name was.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

What's that Holo? I can't hear you over the sound of this pipe organ I'm crafting on.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

As a programmer, I'm going to let you in on a secret. Whenever someone working in tech gives you a release estimate, add at least 50% to whatever they say. Software devs are notoriously bad at judging the time a project will take.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

^^^ Holy poo poo the word filter works on usernames too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I kickstarted Darkest Dungeon and Hyperlight Drifter, and they turned out great. Kickstarting MMOs is a fools game though.

• Locked thread