Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So i can play this now if i give them 60 bucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

WH Freakin' owned. Don't know what you're smoking if you think they sucked.

Yeah, I didn't play WAR for long but I remember WH being good. Just not as good as their counterpart.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

2DCAT posted:

I remember the game being BW or GTFO. Maybe things changed after I quit.

It was mostly the fact that multiple bright wizards could stack their persistent aoe spell in one spot and you would get hit by ALL of them if you tried to walk through it that was the main problem. Once you had about 5-6 of them you could just deny choke points to the other side no matter how large their army. Simply comparing the classes to each other bright wizard was not really all that great, it was the idiotic game mechanics that ruined the game.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

This is the most fun I had in war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThwjcEM9rE

We would go make engineer alts and go into the T1 arenas. It would be 11 engineers and 1 really confused bright wizard vrs whatever.

The only fun pvp happened in T1.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Eonwe posted:

inevitable goon schism

Should be the guild name.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

GoonTang Clan once again the golden standard of guilds

Ain't nuting to gently caress with.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It's not like any of this games are going to last that long anyways.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Goonionism has a proud and storied tradition and i won't let you infidels sully it's name.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I was mostly thinking about Age of Wushu, but that game was so screwed up i honestly don't know if our efforts worked or not.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

it worked there with the help of delamore, koop, and a few other people who moved / organized the poo poo

it also ended with delamore selling the entire goon bank for real money but it isn't as funny as when he tried to sell poo poo for rent, and ending up getting 500 dollars in paint balls instead of money

Another goonionism success story.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The only original/interesting MMO class i can remember from any of the newer games is GW2's Mesmer, apart from that you have to go all the way back to DAoC or Shadowbane before you find anything vaguely interesting.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That entire generation of MMOs were chock full of poo poo-that-would-just-not-fly-today, they were still mostly fun. Mainly cause we didn't know better.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Evernoob posted:

I would be surprised the post-launch bundles will be better than Founder/Builder bundles. On the contrary.
At worst they would ADD new stuff to the bundles of those who have been backing since the start.

It depends on how well the game does, once the desperation for new players sets in you see the real bargains.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, did this game die in the cradle already? why all this talk.

I'm also amazed that people still pre-order games years before they are made.

You are not buying a game, you are donating money so games you like have a chance at getting made.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The alternative is no shot at pvp mmos ever. I don't even plan on playing this game but i tossed them like 35 bucks anyways because i want pvp mmos to exist.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Evernoob posted:

As I was an early backer of CU, I kind of neglected any other MMO news for other games.
Around which period did the Crowfall start of development happen? Because from the very little I know they work with a comparable budget and from the video's I've seen they are leaps ahead.

So now I have two games that hold my attention until CU's eventual release :
-Crowfall
-Lost Ark (or Lineage Eternal, whichever of these two appears to be the "better" game and gets released in the West)

Ps : I will be playing on Uthgard when official launch happens and I'm currently playing EQ1 for gently caress's sake. Why can't I have fun in "modern" MMO's? I must be getting old.

Crowfall launched their kickstarter campaign march of last year i believe. And yes, they are much further ahead in a little over a year than CU is after like... four?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Dark Age was three realms battling each other, Shadowbane was completely free for all. CU is basically the same ruleset as dark age of camelot, Crowfall has the resetting campaigns and the original ruleset is going to match shadowbane i believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

extra stout posted:

If you agree the game is way behind schedule, what was your post intended to do? If the devs themselves posted it, I would once again ask: If this is a known problem in game development, why not just set the estimated release date to January 2017 when typing up the kickstarter?

Because then they couldn't get as many suckers.

• Locked thread