Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holo
May 9, 2013
please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holo
May 9, 2013
Another dev update:

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/late-night-update-friday-march-4th-2016/

Still early days, but to be fair to them they do seem to be approaching it in a somewhat competent manner.

Holo
May 9, 2013

The Dark Project posted:

I played a fuckload of DAOC back in the day, and went looking for DAOC videos to check out online. Found info about this. Kind of interested in the Fire Warden as I loved my Fire Wizard back in the day.

Just wondering - Are they intending to split the servers into US/Europe/Oceania?
Are they going to do the same thing they had with DAOC (ie similar powersets being shared across different classes in a mix)? Because that really pissed me off as an Alb player.
Is this a PvP only game, or is there poo poo to do like back in DAOC where you could just run about having fun with mates in your own realm?

This is what I'm wondering - is there any pve element whatsoever? I am looking forward to this, but I really liked the pve to break up the pvp in the original daoc, and I can't seem to find any concrete info on it. If you go and get repeatedly destroyed by the other realms for a few hours, it can be nice to go mindlessly hit some bears for a bit.

Holo
May 9, 2013

The Dark Project posted:

That bums me out. I have friends which aren't much into PvP, but loved the PvE aspect of DAOC. Unfortunately we were all hitting level 50 when Atlantis came out and hosed everything up with Master Levels, which made PvP a bit of a nightmare when you had Enchanters being able to burn down a group in seconds by spamming PBAoE's amongst a stunned group of people. Kind of killed the enjoyment. But the PvE aspect was great fun, especially in Shrouded Isles. I am hoping the Uthgard server comes back up, and that it has the Shrouded Isles content, but I am not holding my breath.

I'm sort of in the same boat - I'm a bit worried this is just going to feel like Planetside - Medieval Edition: go shoot mans for an hour or two then get bored and log out.

Holo
May 9, 2013

extra stout posted:

The emails from both SoTA and Camelot Unchained feel like I have a son I sent to an expensive college and he's trying to justify me not cutting the checks I mail but I keep sending them not because I'm convinced but because I have pity and no other option than have the loving loser live with me again, it's easier to nod my head and go 'one day he might just end up a man after all'

Basically this.

Also all the things I see being made in CUBE look... a bit poo poo.

• Locked thread