Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So I'm not exactly getting the appeal of this game, but that's because I was playing Asheron's Call or EQ or something while DAoC was a thing. This is basically Crowfall without the active combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DandyLion posted:

Agreed. However, on a positive note I am sure we will be playing this before Star Citizen.

but we're already playing star citizen m8

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I don't follow this very well but is a Q2 2017 release looking likely?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

If you guys actually think Mythic is going to fund and produce a fully fledged MMO in TYOOL 2016. Every single game of theirs has died bad. DAOC was only popular because the choice was between DAOC and games that were already 5 years old.

Does Mythic even exist under EA anymore? I think Broadsword replaced them and it's 10-15 people supporting Ultima Online.

Also this looked pretty cool. Never seen Mythica before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqroz9iSy3A

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 9, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Minclark posted:

Against my better judgement I decided to become a backer anyway; at least we are closer to launch/beta than star citizen. :bandwagon:

I'm going to laugh my loving rear end off if Star Citizen launches before this or Crowfall.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

find the thread that alexander delarge does not post in to find the good mmo.

But I already posted in Haven and Hearth.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, did this game die in the cradle already? why all this talk.

I'm also amazed that people still pre-order games years before they are made.

I have a significantly better return with these crowdfunding games than the last 12 years of bullshit coming from AAA MMOs. At least we're getting things other than WoW clones.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shy posted:

None of them are even real games yet.

Still had more fun with them in pre-alpha early access whatever than "this themepark is totally going to be the one that satisfies me!" flavor of the week games that MMO tourists flocked to.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
As someone that never played Shadowbane/Dark Age of Camelot I'm not really clear on what makes this and Crowfall different other than the aesthetic and persistence rather than doing "campaigns" anyways so at least one of them looks like it'll be playable in the next year.

• Locked thread