Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Shodai posted:

Good news, you can do that in real life RIGHT NOW.

1/10 spent most of the day in a tractor listening to country music going extremely slow, wouldn't recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

I know I will get a lot of hate for this...any chance of any sort of graphics and animation updates?

Because it looks like loving runescape, and while i played original DAoC....wasn't even really great for its day(graphics wise...combat wise, yeah...we all know how good it was.)

I have been too spoiled by graphic intensive games lately to go back to something that would have looked great in 1998.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

2DCAT posted:

Probably?. It's my understanding that nearly zero hours have gone into art and animation thus far. I won't be playing this game very long if things were to stay the same lol.

Ok good. That is what I was HOPING to hear. The last news I got was basically "graphics will come secondary to gameplay" Which while something I love to hear, only works if the graphics arent loving commander keen in 2016

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Orv posted:

Oh cool, at least I don't have to worry about the final UI being good then.

That is really the one thing I miss about WoW...writing and setting up my own custom UI...

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

They've already announced the UI in CU is 100% moddable and customizable like WoW.

Yeah I know, that is why I am so excited lol

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Orv posted:

I don't think I can allow a man who developed an Ouya launch game to be in control of anything.

Hold the phone...WHAT??!

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Holo posted:

please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

extra stout posted:

I agree with you, I'm a big sweaty idiot and didn't mean to overreact to your other post, also despite how terribly behind this game is, how awful the development and openness with the donors has been, I still feel this game at least has the potential to end up being something you really dive into and enjoy, I just wish it wasn't going to be in beta state still in 2017. The fact that Shroud of The Avatar doesn't offer refunds but Camelot does kind of says it all for me. The game I am 100 percent sure I regret giving even 30 bucks to knows it can't afford refunds, Camelot knows that even if they lose all of the most impatient donors they still have a shot at a success ultimately. Especially when you consider the risk of refunding on a game that's still got a coin toss chance of being playable, those people then might end up coming back, spending 50$ or whatever and 15$ a month with no discounts and no perks.

edit

Do we have any posters with connections to the team? Forums are never effective ways of getting at devs of big or even medium games, but I'd really like to know if they would at least have a public conversation about cutting the launch goals of this game to be whatever the absolute minimum number of classes and races were promised for launch. Keep all the lore and work for the other ones, just set it for literally 2018/2019 almost no one would prefer to wait longer for the 39th class or the 19th race when most of us will play two of them.

I have friends who are connected to the devs, but I have been avoiding CU like the plague hoping it turns into something good unlike certain other well known kickstarter started games.

• Locked thread