Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Evernoob posted:

I kind of enjoy the strategical decision people have to make with a limited amount of skillslots. (9 in EQ1, I believe it was 8 in GW1) if they let you take any combination of the available spells.
However what I totally dislike is when every "insertclassname" is exactly the same as the one standing next to him. Specialization is awesome. Being a special snowflake rules.

I thought GW1 really nailed this. The sheer variety of skills and all the different synergies between them made it so that one build didn't dominate everything always, people would come up an effective build and then a week later people would have a counter to that build and then a week later people had a counter to the counter. Trying out different builds was fun and there was actually a chance that you'd come up with something that hadn't been done before, even years after the game was released. To this day I have no idea why they abandoned that system with GW2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread