Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Good for HSV, they can now focus on winning the league. There is a lot of potential and I think this result will just push them that little bit more that they need to become a truly good team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

sicDaniel posted:

Who are these people and what have they done to Borussia Dortmund. Thomas Tuchel Fußballgott!

Well this isn't exactly the same team as last season, come on. Sticking that guy from 1860 on made it all fall into place!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So I read Gaudino, Kurt and Green have been permanently demoted from training with Bayern's first team? It does not look good for young players coming through at the moment, does it. Are Kimmich or Höjbjerg going to see any game time?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Healbot posted:

It's a hosed up market where players like Son and Firmino go for more than €30m.

With their stacks of TV money the PL clubs are making it rain all over Europe. Even poo poo clubs like Newcastle spend 70€ on transfers ffs

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Robben and Costa on the wing + Müller and Lewandowski in the centre is an absolutely mental attack. Really liking this game so far, lots of very nice passes.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Funkel is the best Feuerwehrmann, get him on board! Maybe Favre just wanted to preempt a prolonged season of crap and losses and also so he can be ready when some other team with a bit more money is in need of a manager soon. Liverpool?

Edit: ha, PL thread is just talking about Klopp to Liverpool

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 20, 2015

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That Bayern match was some bullshit! wtf Wolfsburg, wtf.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Tahirovic posted:

He has the same weird german dialect every Gummihals has.

Pls speak German/English in this thread!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That list is amazing

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
lmao Gladbach, losing five then winning five. Did they want to get rid of Favre specifically or what?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Amazing that several Schalke players start arguing with the ref about the card. I'm so sick of this poo poo, anybody who doesn't have the captain's armband should immediately get a yellow for arguing with the ref.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Should have scored some of these goals against Arsenal imo

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Seems Dortmund pretty much played their A-Team vs Paderborn. Is Tuchel not a big fan of rotating the squad or is he just very afraid of the Effenberg-Effekt?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Yay 3.Liga! (In this case the video quality is drittklassig, but gives the best view I found)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4wswI0WKo

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Bayern screwing up in a big away match, never seen that one before... They still have Leverkusen, Dortmund, Wolfsburg away so maybe still hope for the other teams???

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Ghost Farts posted:

set a Darmstadt flag on fire

Disgrace. No place for this in the beautiful game. How is one supposed to make money of burning flags?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Signieren sie nicht ihren Pfosten!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Torrannor posted:

I will enjoy them being relegated right away. :daumendrück:

With Darmstadt and Ingolstadt being able to stay up, I don't see why Leipzig wouldn't. They are going to spend good money to make it happen. Glad not to see them in the 2.Liga next year though.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Was the match that bad? Is there any hope of a comeback?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That sucks :(

It's really awkward to be in the stadium when that kind of stuff happens because the match still goes on but (mostly) everyone just kinda goes a bit silent. Then when it's close at the end emotions will overwhelm respect and people will start shouting about football again...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
National team talk: Why are Draxler and Bellarabi on the bench but Schürrle and Podolski getting playing time? Is that just Löw trying stuff out and giving his mascot some minutes or does he seriously see them as good in that position?

The other main worry seems to be full backs. Are any alternatives to Hector/Can even considered? Why is Weiser not getting a call-up? Löw is probably too stubborn to ever change his opinion on bringing Schmelzer, but surely there must be someone else somewhere who is decent at left back. How is Plattenhardt doing at Hertha?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Podolski is probably just there to guide younger players, because of his massive experience in international matches. In the last world cup and throughout qualifiying he barely played and mostly in unimportant matches. The question is: Was the England match that unimportant to Löw that he gives Podolski some time instead of bringing on anyone good? Pretty sure Poldi will go to the EM but not play more than 20 minutes.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Will Schalke somehow manage to not get into Europe at all this season? I guess for Wolfsburg that ship has already sailed, wondering who will buy Draxler in the summer...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Gameplan was give the ball to Draxler and hope Madrid don't score three.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
FFS Dortmund I can't believe it (literally can't, LITERALLY)!! How could they let this happen, this was their chance to win the loving european cup end they just royally hosed it up... real bad, real bad.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It's opposite week, all the poo poo teams are winning!

Except 1860, because they played an even shitter team

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Gladbach, Schalke and Mainz (lol) repeatedly throwing away the chance to get into the CL spots. It's just going to be Hertha, isn't it. :(

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Maybe they've already got a replacement lined up? Not like they can do much about it.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Good. Put those fuckers into the Bundesliga with the Hoffenheims and Wolfsburgs. I'm sure people will start supporting them once they get into Europe and win a few games there...
'
Looking at 2.Liga it is pretty crazy that 1860 seems to somehow manage dodging relegation narrowly. Really wouldn't mind the current table staying as it is, hopefully Düsseldorf and 60 can seal the deal next week. Looking forward to next season as there will be a lot of interesting teams in the league with some big names coming down.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Well keeping around Thiago, Götze, Robben, Ribery, Müller, Costa, Coman and Vidal seems a bit much? Getting rid of at least one of them for some money seems sensible.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why is Kramer not even on the extended team, has he been that bad this season? He started in the world cup final ffs I don't want to see a Kroos/Khedira central midfield...

In defense I am guessing there will either be a revival of the style where Höwedes plays full back or something that involves a back three.

Neuer
Rüdiger - Boateng - Hummels - Höwedes
Kroos - Weigl
Müller - Özil - Draxler
Gomez (Reus?)

Is what I would want to see. I'm going to be way disappointed imo

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
For me Khedira is a player to bring on in the last 30 minutes if you want to increase the intensity of a game, I think having him around the full time is a bit risky due to his all over the shop playstyle.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So Gündogan to City seems pretty much sorted. 25 million seems fairly cheap but I haven't seen what kind of additional payments could be added on... Hope England won't destroy his health even more!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That Özil is hugely dissappointing. Höwedes and Löw rule though.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
How is Schürrle worth 30 million? The guy scores ten goals a season and can't beat a defender or put in good crosses from what I saw in the time he was in Wolfsburg...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
But then why sell a for more impactful player (in my opinion) like Gündogan for that same money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Bit late but lmao Lautern, good going destroying hopes of a better year straight away.

Didn't see the match vs Nürnberg but happy with a point to start of the season. Just a bit worried that only one new signing made it into the starting eleven, that doesn't really say good transfer business to me. Or our promotion squad was that good already...or we are just still as poor as ever :11tea:

• Locked thread