Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Metropolis (メトロポリス Metoroporisu?) is a 2001 anime film loosely based on the 1949 Metropolis manga created by Osamu Tezuka, itself inspired by the 1927 German silent film of the same name, though the two do not share plot elements. The anime, however, does draw aspects of its storyline directly from the 1927 film. The anime had an all-star production team, including renowned anime director Rintaro, Akira creator Katsuhiro Otomo as script writer, and animation by Madhouse with conceptual support from Tezuka Productions.
-wikipedia

Alright so the movie was real legit.

I can't say that every scenario and every character was totally fleshed out.

The movie is more whimsical and desperate than serious and dramatic.

During the film we spend our time following a boy and an important companion he comes across and in another track we follow his Uncle who lost track of the boy. The Uncle is a private detective on the case to figure out what was going on at a giant high-tech factory ran by a famous scientist-outlaw before the factory burned to the ground.

These characters are our solid string as we encounter a variety of others such as a jealous son of an insanely wealthy and powerful business magnate, the president of the city of Metropolis, a revolutionary youngster who wants to throw out the use of Robotic Labor, and other characters.

Eventually the world is nearly destroyed, but the heart and grit of our boy takes us through to survival.

Thus Metropolis.

I watched it on Crackle.com. No ads with adblock enabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread