Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

Hey, listen, I understand. Life is busy, and healthcare is so expensive. Who has the time or money for proper health care these days? Not me, that's for sure. Been coughing up blood for weeks now, but I've got a life to lead!

Thats where this thread comes in. Maybe some of these medical issues don't require a doctor visit. Maybe, just maybe, the cure for what ails you can be found in this thread.

Canker sores: real painful fuckers. nothing worse than a big fuckin lump on your tongue when you're trying to enjoy your 3rd bag of sour patch kids this morning.
TIP: collect some earwax on your finger and apply it directly to the sore. It'll protect the sore from further irritation and it tastes great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Water on the knee: This can be extremely painful depending on the severity and chemical makeup of the water. This is not something you want to mess around with.

TIP: ever hear of a towell, idiot?

alnilam

Colds are no fun. You can treat cold at home using a blanket, extra clothes, or using external heat sources

tao of lmao

Headaches: Are no joke. They can range in severity from mild nuisance to excruciating pain that makes you wish for death.

TIP: pinpoint the location/source of the headache, take a power drill with a 2 inch bit and carefully drill into your skull. The released pressure will provide instant relief and as an added bonus you've now trepanned yourself and are a genius.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

I suffer from several maladies, including:
‣Terrible posting
‣Extreme handsomeness
‣Dog addiction
‣Unbanned planning
‣Big eater syndrome
‣Apu from the Simpsons

Do you have anything for me in your big bag, Dr. Julio?

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Feel like the room is spinning? Well, spin in the other direction and cancel it out. Or spin your body in the same direction your inner ear is thinking you're going and warp to level 8-1

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

alnilam posted:

Colds are no fun. You can treat cold at home using a blanket, extra clothes, or using external heat sources

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ace of Baes
Wow, this kind of "homeopathic" medicine is insanely dangerous and irresponsible, as well as harmful to healthcare in general. As a medical professional, allow me to give some actual tips for common ailments.

Knees hurt? - Cut them Off.
Shoulder Pain? - Cut off your legs.
Headache? - Sever your feet from your shins.
HIV or AIDS? Gargle saltwater.

----------------

tao of lmao

pig slut lisa posted:

I suffer from several maladies, including:
‣Terrible posting
‣Extreme handsomeness
‣Dog addiction
‣Unbanned planning
‣Big eater syndrome
‣Apu from the Simpsons

Do you have anything for me in your big bag, Dr. Julio?

The answers you seek lie within your home

tao of lmao

Nose Bleeds: Can be embarrassing any time they strike, even if you're home alone picking your nose again. There've been debates over the years whether to lean forward or back, we're here to settle the debate.

TIP: Take a hand full of tissues or paper towels and chop em up real fine. Using a credit card and a straw, make a huge fuckin rail of tissue dust and hork the whole thing up in one go. It works the same way spray on bandages work. Alternatively, inhale spray-on bandage juices through the effected nostril.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

Headaches: Are no joke. They can range in severity from mild nuisance to excruciating pain that makes you wish for death.

TIP: pinpoint the location/source of the headache, take a power drill with a 2 inch bit and carefully drill into your skull. The released pressure will provide instant relief and as an added bonus you've now trepanned yourself and are a genius.

for fast relief, or if you are a rockheaded idiot, use a hammer drill and masonary bits

Nose Bleeds: Can be embarrassing any time they strike, even if you're home alone picking your nose again. There've been debates over the years whether to lean forward or back, we're here to settle the debate.

TIP: Take a hand full of tissues or paper towels and chop em up real fine. Using a credit card and a straw, make a huge fuckin rail of tissue dust and hork the whole thing up in one go. It works the same way spray on bandages work. Alternatively, inhale spray-on bandage juices through the effected nostril.

lol

----------------

Cyber Dog

TRY to get as sick as possible. Sickness is all the bad stuff leaving your body, making room for good stuff.

joke_explainer

What most non-doctors don't know is that "Cancer" [finger quotes] is actually an acronym. It stands for Can Aliens Nastily Catch Every Rebound?, and it's really a biological warning system about the lizard people that have infiltrated the NBA.

tao of lmao

joke_explainer posted:

What most non-doctors don't know is that "Cancer" [finger quotes] is actually an acronym. It stands for Can Aliens Nastily Catch Every Rebound?, and it's really a biological warning system about the lizard people that have infiltrated the NBA.

this is the plot of space jam

Cyber Dog

Bad allergies? It might sound gross, but try eating some of your snot and boogers. The microflora in your gut will make impactful adjustments to the allergens your body is trying to expel, thus inhibiting your body's histamine response!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Did you know that gasoline rids the body of toxins? drink a teaspoon of premium unleaded every day for the best health of your life. At first you will notice sickness, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, bloody stool, bloody urine, delirium and confusion. Don't worry, this is just the toxins leaving your body.

Senior Management

Does smoking weed help?

:jerry:

Manifisto

Hemorrhoids giving you trouble? That's because they are hemi-roids, i.e., half a roid. Turn them into free-rolling spheroids by eating spherical foods! Oranges, pomegranates (extra good because they are spheres inside spheres), meatballs, cheese balls, eyeballs, etc. Warning: do not ingest spheres at the other end of your digestive tract--while this will be effective at converting hemorrhoids to spheroids, it will block the roids from exiting your body.

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Painful Urination can be prevented by not pissing in cactus patches.

Seasonal Allergies bringing you down? This is nature's way of telling you to stay the hell indoors!

Jellyfish Stings can be avoided by poisoning the ocean thoroughly and dousing it liberally with napalm. Seriously, gently caress the ocean altogether!

Holy Motherfucking poo poo these are some good drugs, Dr. Julio!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

tao of lmao

Sunburns can turn a lovely day at the beach into a waking nightmare plaguing every step of every day for the rest of your life until the sweet release of death frees you from your torment.

TIP: While prevention is the best medicine, completely avoiding the sun isn't possible no matter how hard I try. Once you're sunburnt, take a high powered water pick and blast the top 4 layers of skin off. This comes with the added bonus of an amazing complexion once you're out of the hospital.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Hi I'm here in earnest, not to tell a joke (like I really could anyway), but if you get a bug bite/sting that itches you can quell the itching by lightly wetting some meat tenderizer powder and rubbing it on the area that's bothering you. The idea is to make it crumbly like the sand you make a castle out of, not a slurry. I do this for fire ant stings and mosquito bites as they're what I experience most, but I bet it will work on other things as well.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Back pain getting you down? Try heroin.

----------------

Lil Cunty

Dropsy causes swelling of the limbs and extremities, elevated heart rate, great aunt-ism, and death.

TIP: Sell your plasma by volume. Selling plasma relieves swelling, significantly reduces your tolerance to alcohol and is an important ingredient in the sun. At $15-$30/pint, think of all the beanie babies you can buy.

ty crap

ty landy

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Jimi Changa posted:

Dropsy causes swelling of the limbs and extremities, elevated heart rate, great aunt-ism, and death.

TIP: Sell your plasma by volume. Selling plasma relieves swelling, significantly reduces your tolerance to alcohol and is an important ingredient in the sun. At $15-$30/pint, think of all the beanie babies you can buy.

Schmeichy

2spooky4u

don't underestimate the power of prayer

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Exhaustion is when you do not get enough rest and get cranky and want to sleep forever. this can occur from your diet, stimuli before sleep, mental disorders, or refusal to listen to your parents and stay up all night in protest of their tyranny

Tip: glue eyelids open and have a misting sprinkler system with two zone timer installed around your eyes, using brass fittings. tell everyone you take steampunk extremely seriously. pound energy drinks. become an angry straight edge. channel your manic phases into not sleeping. flip off your parents and skateboard through the house at all hours.

----------------

tao of lmao

Jimi Changa posted:

lol

Qwerinty posted:

Exhaustion is when you do not get enough rest and get cranky and want to sleep forever. this can occur from your diet, stimuli before sleep, mental disorders, or refusal to listen to your parents and stay up all night in protest of their tyranny

Tip: glue eyelids open and have a misting sprinkler system with two zone timer installed around your eyes, using brass fittings. tell everyone you take steampunk extremely seriously. pound energy drinks. become an angry straight edge. channel your manic phases into not sleeping. flip off your parents and skateboard through the house at all hours.

lol i love you guys

tao of lmao

Canker sores: real painful fuckers. nothing worse than a big fuckin lump on your tongue when you're trying to enjoy your 3rd bag of sour patch kids this morning.
TIP: collect some earwax on your finger and apply it directly to the sore. It'll protect the sore from further irritation and it tastes great!

btw this came from the actual Doctor's Book of Home Remidies

ron color
books are loving gross then!

cuntman.net

if you have tapeworms you can swallow a bird and itll eat the worm

DemonToadGoat

I got a frog to swallow the cat to get the bird I swallowed to catch a worm.

Schmeichy

2spooky4u

here's a tip: smoke a lot of weed. it won't cure anything but it's fun to do

cuntman.net

DemonToadGoat posted:

I got a frog to swallow the cat to get the bird I swallowed to catch a worm.

you dont need to go to all that trouble. you can just tie a string to the bird

saboten

Schmeichy posted:

here's a tip: smoke a lot of weed. it won't cure anything but it's fun to do

thank u bacalou

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Emphysema: no one knows what this is. it's possible it's a made up word, or a medical boogeyman.

Tip: if it's real you have no hope and will die soon. if it's not, throw money at your pcp until they remove diagnosis. that's also a monetary tip

----------------

City of Glompton

Sure-fire cure for Incontinence:

Reduce your fluid intake by half each day. Within a week or so, you will no longer be bothered by uncontrolled urination. Or anything, really.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Exploding Head Syndrome: Despite what you might think, it's not deadly and is merely the imaginary sound of a loud noise or explosion just as you fall asleep or wake up. It's utterly benign.

Tip: wrap your entire head, leaving room for breathing and liquid diet of course, with duct tape in case the doctors are wrong and it's dormant. have your skull reinforced with cybernetics and lattice work. there is now a surgery to put thousands of tiny foam triangles inside your brain hole, to nullify the sound. side effects of the surgery include fuzzy thinking and a compulsion to touch cold, smooth, glossy surfaces

----------------

google THIS

Children are a common but severe parasitic infection that is transmitted via unprotected PiV intercourse. The infection eventually causes death and/or bankruptcy to the hosts

TIP: While there currently is no legal cure for children, applying alcohol liberally to the affected parents can reduce stress-related symptoms and improve quality of life

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
How's family life treating you, friend?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verily carefree

Cover yourself in honey to avoid getting bitten by a bee. The last thing a bee wants to eat is more honey

• Locked thread