Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

Hey, listen, I understand. Life is busy, and healthcare is so expensive. Who has the time or money for proper health care these days? Not me, that's for sure. Been coughing up blood for weeks now, but I've got a life to lead!

Thats where this thread comes in. Maybe some of these medical issues don't require a doctor visit. Maybe, just maybe, the cure for what ails you can be found in this thread.

Canker sores: real painful fuckers. nothing worse than a big fuckin lump on your tongue when you're trying to enjoy your 3rd bag of sour patch kids this morning.
TIP: collect some earwax on your finger and apply it directly to the sore. It'll protect the sore from further irritation and it tastes great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Water on the knee: This can be extremely painful depending on the severity and chemical makeup of the water. This is not something you want to mess around with.

TIP: ever hear of a towell, idiot?

tao of lmao

Headaches: Are no joke. They can range in severity from mild nuisance to excruciating pain that makes you wish for death.

TIP: pinpoint the location/source of the headache, take a power drill with a 2 inch bit and carefully drill into your skull. The released pressure will provide instant relief and as an added bonus you've now trepanned yourself and are a genius.

tao of lmao

pig slut lisa posted:

I suffer from several maladies, including:
‣Terrible posting
‣Extreme handsomeness
‣Dog addiction
‣Unbanned planning
‣Big eater syndrome
‣Apu from the Simpsons

Do you have anything for me in your big bag, Dr. Julio?

The answers you seek lie within your home

tao of lmao

Nose Bleeds: Can be embarrassing any time they strike, even if you're home alone picking your nose again. There've been debates over the years whether to lean forward or back, we're here to settle the debate.

TIP: Take a hand full of tissues or paper towels and chop em up real fine. Using a credit card and a straw, make a huge fuckin rail of tissue dust and hork the whole thing up in one go. It works the same way spray on bandages work. Alternatively, inhale spray-on bandage juices through the effected nostril.

tao of lmao

joke_explainer posted:

What most non-doctors don't know is that "Cancer" [finger quotes] is actually an acronym. It stands for Can Aliens Nastily Catch Every Rebound?, and it's really a biological warning system about the lizard people that have infiltrated the NBA.

this is the plot of space jam

tao of lmao

Sunburns can turn a lovely day at the beach into a waking nightmare plaguing every step of every day for the rest of your life until the sweet release of death frees you from your torment.

TIP: While prevention is the best medicine, completely avoiding the sun isn't possible no matter how hard I try. Once you're sunburnt, take a high powered water pick and blast the top 4 layers of skin off. This comes with the added bonus of an amazing complexion once you're out of the hospital.

tao of lmao

Jimi Changa posted:

Dropsy causes swelling of the limbs and extremities, elevated heart rate, great aunt-ism, and death.

TIP: Sell your plasma by volume. Selling plasma relieves swelling, significantly reduces your tolerance to alcohol and is an important ingredient in the sun. At $15-$30/pint, think of all the beanie babies you can buy.

lol

Qwerinty posted:

Exhaustion is when you do not get enough rest and get cranky and want to sleep forever. this can occur from your diet, stimuli before sleep, mental disorders, or refusal to listen to your parents and stay up all night in protest of their tyranny

Tip: glue eyelids open and have a misting sprinkler system with two zone timer installed around your eyes, using brass fittings. tell everyone you take steampunk extremely seriously. pound energy drinks. become an angry straight edge. channel your manic phases into not sleeping. flip off your parents and skateboard through the house at all hours.

lol i love you guys

tao of lmao

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

Canker sores: real painful fuckers. nothing worse than a big fuckin lump on your tongue when you're trying to enjoy your 3rd bag of sour patch kids this morning.
TIP: collect some earwax on your finger and apply it directly to the sore. It'll protect the sore from further irritation and it tastes great!

btw this came from the actual Doctor's Book of Home Remidies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

tada posted:

Cover yourself in honey to avoid getting bitten by a bee. The last thing a bee wants to eat is more honey

[editor's note: do NOT do in areas where bears are known to hang out]

• Locked thread