Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

this place will be so empty

and clean

like a day in spring

a new world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I thought Trump would lose easily but then Brexit happened and it turns out my predictions ain't worth poo poo.

At least when you elect orange kidbrain-hitler it will only be the second stupidest thing to happen this year.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mike12345 posted:

this place will be so empty

and clean

like a day in spring

a new world

Tump's New Order?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Do you think The Wall will be visible from orbit? (Please note the capitalizations)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mr. Apollo posted:

Do you think The Wall will be visible from orbit? (Please note the capitalizations)

You better believe it! IF mexicans ever make it into space we want them to know they're not welcome illegally.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

nopantsjack posted:

I thought Trump would lose easily but then Brexit happened and it turns out my predictions ain't worth poo poo.

At least when you elect orange kidbrain-hitler it will only be the second stupidest thing to happen this year.

Trump is the furthest thing from hitler. WTF Trump wants to bring back national pride! In case you didnt know the U.S. was AGAINST the nazi in WW Second!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

nopantsjack posted:

The one flip-side to this is that the Remain campaign seemed complacent and confident of victory until the very last second, had an oh-poo poo moment and then lost. (Not to mention other problems with the campaign.) Where the Democrats know Trump can win, have known it since at least March, and since the RNC he became favored in several key states. Which has a certain mobilizing effect.

They could still gently caress it up though.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Wikkheiser posted:

The one flip-side to this is that the Remain campaign seemed complacent and confident of victory until the very last second, had an oh-poo poo moment and then lost. (Not to mention other problems with the campaign.) Where the Democrats know Trump can win, have known it since at least March, and since the RNC he became favored in several key states. Which has a certain mobilizing effect.

They could still gently caress it up though.

Democrats were warned that they could loose badly in the 2010 mid term election and still hosed it up anyway. Effectively neutering the Obama administration.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I just hope Trump can make America like the 80s again. I was watching Stranger Things and it got me very nostalgic for the glory days and if that means shutting down the internet (the cesspool of the modern world in my opinion) than so be it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mcbexx posted:

We better close and purge this thread now, since it loooks like "President Trump" has turned from a punchline at the water coolers to a very likely and equally grim reality.

Just saying, you don't want the Trumpenstaffel knock on your door come January for your blasphemous little quips you lightheartedly made in here...

Just wait till Trumpenstaffel Abloobloo der Balooganführer comes a knockin on your door.
I'm makin a list, checking it twice, gonna find out whos (((naughty))) or nice✘

and we're gonna be saying MERRY CHRISTMAS again

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I just hope Trump can make America like the 80s again. I was watching Stranger Things and it got me very nostalgic for the glory days and if that means shutting down the internet (the cesspool of the modern world in my opinion) than so be it.

If Trump promises to bring back ALF and put lead in gasoline again I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Trump's very peculiar and unprecedented appeal to Bernie Sanders' supporters

Conduct a thought experiment. If Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush were the nominee, how would they be dealing with the relationship between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders? My answer: they would be trying to tar Clinton by her association with Sanders and his radical followers. Think about the way Republicans dealt with Barack Obama’s candidacy in 2008. Now pivot to how Donald Trump is dealing with Clinton-Kaine and Sanders.

I’m on the Trump campaign’s press list and during last night’s convention, I was getting bombarded with emails warning that Clinton and Kaine were betraying Sanders’ position on banks, trade, and immigration. Tim Kaine “supports looser bank regulations” and Sanders “wants to strengthen Wall Street regulation and break up the Big Banks,” one email noted. “Kaine Has Attacked Opponents Of Free Trade Agreements As Losers,” another noted, and “Sanders Is A Vocal Opponent Of Free Trade.” Still another cited Kaine’s support for a bill doubling “the number of H-1B visas” that Sanders opposed as “a massive effort to attract cheap labor, a great disservice to American workers."

The Trump campaign is trying to sow discord among the Democrats. And they are also trying to attract support from Sanders’ supporters. I doubt whether they will succeed. Trump’s nativist and anti-Muslim appeals, and his own shady business background, will probably overshadow the fact that on some economic issues, he is closer to Sanders than Sanders is to Clinton or Kaine. But whatever the result in November, Trump’s appeals bear out a shift in the American electorate toward economic nationalism and populism. There is no way that in the past a Republican, seeking to assemble a majority in November, would try to outflank his Democratic opponent on the left, but that’s what Trump was trying to do with these press releases.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
one day you'll all thank Trump as the progressive president that the Democrat Party couldn't provide

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Trump is not seriously appealing to Sanders supporters, he's building his brand and taking the piss on them.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

Just wait till Trumpenstaffel Abloobloo der Balooganführer comes a knockin on your door.

and we're gonna be saying MERRY CHRISTMAS again

please stop spreading lies that i am a drug dealer baloogan

people tend to believe it from a hard workin hardy canadian sewerman like yourself:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lol wtf

requote for new page

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Saurus posted:

people tend to believe it from a hard workin hardy canadian sewerman like yourself:

Zap Rowsdower is a Canadian hero you disrespectful piece of poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766359&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post457660605

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
offering to send a sick person in excruciating pain medication they need to live a semblance of a normal life is not really the same as being a crack slinging cornerboy

i mean, i didn't ask for any money so if i am a drug dealer i'm a pretty lovely one

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

In Balooganland socialized medicine is actually worse than drug dealing so you're not really helping yourself with that argument :v:

At least dealers are entrepreneurs.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

mcbexx posted:

We better close and purge this thread now, since it loooks like "President Trump" has turned from a punchline at the water coolers to a very likely and equally grim reality.

Just saying, you don't want the Trumpenstaffel knock on your door come January for your blasphemous little quips you lightheartedly made in here...

"A Shitposter Was Captured This Morning And Tried Today. The sentence: death. Execution tonight at 6:00, all net, all channels."

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Smasches der Scheissenposten!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

offering to send a sick person in excruciating pain medication they need to live a semblance of a normal life is not really the same as being a crack slinging cornerboy

i mean, i didn't ask for any money so if i am a drug dealer i'm a pretty lovely one

Free samples. You monster. Trying to get them hooked.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol if anyone thinks the democratic party hasn't already been completely outflanked in every possible way.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009

Helsing posted:

"A Shitposter Was Captured This Morning And Tried Today. The sentence: death. Execution tonight at 6:00, all net, all channels."

This same movie came to mind when I heard Trump speak about the changes he wanted for Veterans. Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Oh boy guys we better watch out. the DNC sure is unified and excited for hillary.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Those are the very two voters that were going to win the election for hillary, looks like it's all over.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

:getin:

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Baloogan posted:

Yah? Let's remove all doubt.

CUMP IS A TRUNT

E:

Which is still better than Hillary, who is a NOSE-SUCKING SNOT VAMPIRE

Now I'm covered either way.

zimboe has issued a correction as of 07:16 on Jul 30, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol trump is a oval office

but so is killery kuckery kunton

jim webb is the man america needs

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
This election really has devolved into that South Park episode with Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich.

or Giant Deutsche-Bag vs. Nose-sucking Snot Vampire.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i claim victory

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

lol trump is a oval office

but so is killery kuckery kunton

jim webb is the man america needs

vote webb, he'll finish the job

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

zimboe posted:

This election really has devolved into that South Park episode with Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich.

or Giant Deutsche-Bag vs. Nose-sucking Snot Vampire.

Great analysis, no other election has ever been compared to that episode of that cartoon, truly insightful.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Gross Dude posted:

Great analysis, no other election has ever been compared to that episode of that cartoon, truly insightful.

Yah, but this one seems particularly rancorous.
Along with the Snackbars getting all shooty and the Butthole Lives Matter sideshows.

zimboe has issued a correction as of 08:58 on Jul 30, 2016

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Can you imagine what a Jim Webb convention would have looked like?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
DNC DAY 4 EVERY DAY

plus a whole day for vietnam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[quote="Baloogan" post="462664822"]
DNC DAY 4 EVERY DAY

plus a whole day for vietnam
M]

He just points to buildings he wants to blow up

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Pretty sure he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

zimboe posted:

Yah, but this one seems particularly rancorous.
Along with the Snackbars getting all shooty and the Butthole Lives Matter sideshows.
And cops getting shot to poo poo- which makes it a three-ring circus.
Rancor:
noun
bitter, rankling resentment or ill will; hatred; malice.

That big testy critter from The Empire Strikes Back.

Is (1) not an exact description of the tone of this election?

E:
I quoted myself just so I could say "Butthole Lives Matter" again.
Heh.

E2:
You have seen me use the term "Saltine-American" to refer to white people honkies-except for Trump.
I'd say he's more a "Ritz-Cracker American".

zimboe has issued a correction as of 10:59 on Jul 30, 2016

• Locked thread