Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

walgreenslatino posted:

I was honestly surprised at how blatant Wallace, Kelly, and Baier were with their bosses' desperate attempts to sweep Trump off the stage. The very first question, asking candidates if they pledge not to be a third party spoiler if they lose, was both a bold demand for party discipline and a direct attempt to discredit the Donald. But even Megyn Kelly's pointed questions about his sexism failed to get him. He appeared shaken at times, but the criticism so obviously fed him. The line about Rosie was a MASTERFUL retort, and he repeatedly said exactly what the howling base wants. You cannot criticize him, you cannot call him a clown. No matter what you hit him with, he eats it up and wins anyway. They have no response to this and its driving the conservative establishment absolutely mad

In addition to the most insane dog-whistling about drug dealers and pimps, Huckabee shockingly argued that the 5th and 14th amendments should be invoked to product fetuses because life begins at conception.

Maybe my own political biases color this, but I think Kasich is the strategic winner here. A relative unknown in a crowded celebrity bench, he managed to make himself relevant overnight. He was sane, compassionate, willing to break the party line, sincere, and most of all ELECTABLE. At this point I don't think it's realistic he could ever be the GOP candidate, but if he was he could beat Hillary.

My favorite part was probably everyone trying to one-up eachother with how working class their dad's job was :jerkbag:

Every Republican thinks of their dad as the only hardworking guy in America, and Republicans want to ensure some future dad is forced to be as hard working as they each claim their individual father's were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That's me watching all the Republican debates.

• Locked thread