Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

As a cis white male everything I say is offensive and I don't know how to fix it. I just want people to like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wolfman Nards posted:

As a cis white male everything I say is offensive and I don't know how to fix it. I just want people to like me.

preface your thoughts with, "it's definitely not my place to say this, but"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wolfman Nards posted:

Protip: the people "getting offended" cannot meaningfully affect your life in any way.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
She's definitely the only Democrat who could possibly win Arkansas! You know it's going to come down to Arkansas, guys

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat them clintons and drat them waltons and drat arkansas to hell!

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

it actually happened

she went onto wwe

and so did trump

the people who rule this country literally hate us

obama and mccain did too later in the video

"do you smell what barack is cookin" - our current president

"i'm gonna introduce osama bin laden to the undertaker" - john mccain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=565qnfe0qTE

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Planarch posted:

:newlol: obama saying he's going to provide universal healthcare :lol:

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

Planarch posted:

lol how is Hillary a national level politician. A 9th grader making a YouTube would have re-recorded a take that bad

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

is clinton going to continue our amazing foreign policy

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/23/us-trained-rebel-officer-syria-defected-al-qaida

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

she's already said she wants kids to "earn their tuition" and that she doesn't want ANY MONEY at all for "wealthy kids"

clinton has over 8-9 figures in personal wealth and would be angry a family making a combined 150k a year is too wealthy for government subsidized schooling.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zen death robot posted:

To be fair, nationalized healthcare has a better chance of getting passed than free college tuition does.

Some oppose that kind of discussion as well because "Oh then it's an attack on Obamacare!" I agree that hopefully medicare for all or something like that can be priority #1. Although I speak as somebody already having completed college, sorry for the bias young'ns who want to go to / are in college!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont have health insurance and it owns

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

TEAYCHES posted:

Just think about how you have the opportunity to bootstrap yourself to better health that most never will.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

TEAYCHES posted:

I bet when you are hospitalized because of some easily curable disease, if it were caught early enough, you are gonna laugh and laugh.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I just think it would be nice if medical care quality wasn't related to your "worth" in a capitalist society v:shobon:v

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TEAYCHES posted:

how wealthy r u

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Something Else posted:

how wealthy r u

not wealthy enough, not poor enough, just right

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TEAYCHES posted:

not wealthy enough, not poor enough, just right

thanks for your cooperation, you have been marked for extermination along with the rest of the comfortable classes

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
When I lost my job I couldn't get health insurance because my wife has migraines, and I had a preventative colonoscopy. Two months later Obamacare kicked in and they couldn't deny you any longer, and since I wasn't earning, and my wife is part time we basically got insurance with $1000 deducible for around $100 a month total. It was decent, the deductible sucked because I found out I have diverticulitis, so it got paid. I got a job, and now it's a $7000 per person deductible, and $700 a month. It's a silver plan, too. Plans that were deemed unaffordable were supposed to be denied on the marketplace so how did this happen. Affordable to me is $100 a month.

But, not being denied insurance is still better than nothing. Just barely.

Need to outlaw deductibles next. Fuckers.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Philthy posted:

When I lost my job I couldn't get health insurance because my wife has migraines, and I had a preventative colonoscopy. Two months later Obamacare kicked in and they couldn't deny you any longer, and since I wasn't earning, and my wife is part time we basically got insurance with $1000 deducible for around $100 a month total. It was decent, the deductible sucked because I found out I have diverticulitis, so it got paid. I got a job, and now it's a $7000 per person deductible, and $700 a month. It's a silver plan, too. Plans that were deemed unaffordable were supposed to be denied on the marketplace so how did this happen. Affordable to me is $100 a month.

no human needs this crap in their life. Beyond the economic efficiency argument for total state healthcare, there's the administrative overhead of just expending the daily bandwidth to make horrible decisions like this. I can't find the original research, but one discussion point in some new JFK tax bill was the amount of extra paperwork for already confused citizens. They worked out roughly that every adult was losing at least 3 minutes a day just to federal paperwork, and some economist considered that already punitive.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Philthy posted:

The best part about this is the regulatory and financial capture the insurance industry gets. I'd be willing to bet you'd actually be better off negotiating the cash rate and payments than the ridiculous deductible you have. It takes a special kind of stupid to think the minor improvements brought by ACA are either good long term solutions or good things in aggregate at all, actually. You're being sucked dry to feed the insurance industry, and because you have the misfortune of being a human being with health problems it's not like you have a real choice.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The only good thing is my current job, despite not having any benefits, pays decently, and life is good otherwise.

Until one of us has a hospital visit. I've got savings, so nothing will ruin me for a long while, but healthcare reform has such a long way to go yet.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Feather posted:

The best part about this is the regulatory and financial capture the insurance industry gets. I'd be willing to bet you'd actually be better off negotiating the cash rate and payments than the ridiculous deductible you have. It takes a special kind of stupid to think the minor improvements brought by ACA are either good long term solutions or good things in aggregate at all, actually. You're being sucked dry to feed the insurance industry, and because you have the misfortune of being a human being with health problems it's not like you have a real choice.

He has a whole lot more choice than before the ACA. Do you think the insurance industry was doing him a favor by denying him coverage due to pre existing conditions before it took effect? Just pay cash, bro!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd say the ACA saved my rear end from the hospital visit I had. If it had not gone into effect, I would have had to pay that hospital visit out of pocket. I can't say 100% of what I would owe, but it'd probably would have wiped my savings, and put me in major debt beyond that. That poo poo is no joke, costs are insane. It did its job in giving me affordable coverage when I needed it most. It's just that after the fact when you have a job with no coverage, you got to pay through the nose.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

JeffersonClay posted:

He has a whole lot more choice than before the ACA. Do you think the insurance industry was doing him a favor by denying him coverage due to pre existing conditions before it took effect? Just pay cash, bro!

Your avatar is very fitting.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Medical tourism still the best health care plan for this gay nation.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Planarch posted:

god she is such a charismatic speaker

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cackling

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

bump

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

whoooa

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Philthy posted:

There's no short term legislative solution to health care costs. You are probably low risk even with your conditions, but your premiums are being used to subsidize other people. Obama was never trained to negotiate, so you get hosed there for relying on a community organizer to not get manipulated by sophisticated corporate institutions. Bad move.

Doctors are artificially limiting the supply of talent in their field and so we are relying on PA's and Nurses to bridge the gap. The Nurses are unsanitary and spreading MRSA by not washing their hands and having so many patients in close proximity

We have to pay for obese scumbags who think eating at McDonalds is more important than not sucking our health care dollars.

Trial Lawyers force the medical industry to practice defensive medicine (big $$) and maintain huge overhead

Drug companies are paying off doctors to prescribe medicine and no one seems to notice the conflict of interest

Huge aids epidemic in the gay community that's approaching 50% in some areas which no one talks about because they don't want to seem discriminatory (seriously is it hard for gays to not whore around so much) This is expensive as hell to treat.

Poor people using the ER as their primary care/opiate drug source

Insurance Companies of course get their cut and have state by state monopolies.

TL;DR We need more doctors, less overhead, and people to live healthier lives

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdasbLKm4s0

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Oceanlife posted:

Drug companies are paying off doctors to prescribe medicine and no one seems to notice the conflict of interest

I have tried to get drug companies to pay me off for prescribing their drugs for years and all I have to show for it is an occasional pen. I must be doing it wrong or this isn't the thing people think it is.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Oceanlife posted:

Huge aids epidemic in the gay community that's approaching 50% in some areas which no one talks about because they don't want to seem discriminatory (seriously is it hard for gays to not whore around so much) This is expensive as hell to treat.

I bet all those dirty sex-having women should just stop being whores so we don't have to spend billions on their slutty birth control too, huh.

:getout:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Oceanlife posted:

We have to pay for obese scumbags who think eating at McDonalds is more important than not sucking our health care dollars.
Caloric obesity and malnutrition are strongly correlated with trauma, especially being the victim of child abuse. Also with poor education, poor background SES. The US needs a stronger social safety net to deal with addiction and self-harm generally. No, I'm not remotely obese. You don't understand the problem and still somehow feel confident making disgusting posts about health generally.
~Just my way of joining the chorus of :frogout:

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
Look at this trifecta

stephenfry posted:

Caloric obesity and malnutrition are strongly correlated with trauma, especially being the victim of child abuse. Also with poor education, poor background SES. The US needs a stronger social safety net to deal with addiction and self-harm generally. No, I'm not remotely obese. You don't understand the problem and still somehow feel confident making disgusting posts about health generally.
~Just my way of joining the chorus of :frogout:

Oh my god, fatties are now claiming child abuse for why they can't stop stuffing their face. That 70% of America that's overweight must have been poor, stupid or abused. You are right though, when I see a parent with fat kids I call that child abuse too. Put down the spoon, step away, and you might not lose your leg to diabetes.

Quorum posted:

I bet all those dirty sex-having women should just stop being whores so we don't have to spend billions on their slutty birth control too, huh.

:getout:

When 50% of heterosexual women are HIV positive in urban areas, we will talk. Until then you can put gays having high risk unprotected sex as a large chuck of our medical expenses.

No problem with gay people, but if we're going to talk costs, that's a big one.

Nodelphi posted:

I have tried to get drug companies to pay me off for prescribing their drugs for years and all I have to show for it is an occasional pen. I must be doing it wrong or this isn't the thing people think it is.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually practice medicine and you're just the most ethical doctor in existence who just happens to find time to post constantly on message boards, but I know for a fact there are countless goodies for prescribing medicine .

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132141&page=1

Also we keep doctors as clients, those nice meals they have for lunch are definitely not paid out of the company account. Of course just my luck I run with a bad crowd.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

HIV rates in the gay community are definitely caused by our moral inferiority and our universally whorish ways. It has nothing to do with the complete absence of sex education geared to people who aren't straight. Nor is it a result of the woefully limited access to healthcare and our general marginalization in society. Personal responsibility is the cause. So true. You loving idiot.

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Mar 3, 2016

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

THC posted:

HIV rates in the gay community are definitely caused by our moral inferiority and our universally whorish ways. It has nothing to do with the complete absence of sex education geared to people who aren't straight. Nor is it a result of the woefully limited access to healthcare and our general marginalization in society. Personal responsibility is the cause. So true. You loving idiot.
If we had father, son, holy ghost, I guess THC is the Supreme Pontiff of Not-Being-Embarrassingly-Bootstraps

hey oceanlife if you have children be sure to give them ample space to disagree with your imbecilic ethics, it's the only healthy thing to do unless you want a brood of corrupt immunocompromised fatties

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The amount of money doctors took from drug companies is public data:

https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/

Look up your doctor and see how much of a whore they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Oh for fucks sake really? I didn't expect to see that level of blatant homophobia on SA of all places. Go look up the HIV transmission risk of vaginal sex and anal sex. If they were remotely close to eachother the epicenter of the HIV epidemic would be on college campuses rather than in the gay community. Oh and also gently caress you.

• Locked thread