Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lega Serie A: Dio bubu

Welcome once again to Italy’s to flight, a league of scoundrels, criminals, cheats, champions, legends and gentlemen. Since last year we’ve lost the mighty Parma FC to total corruption and bankruptcy, the likes of which we haven’t seen since the last time this happened to Parma about 20 years ago. With the remaining teams, last years competition saw Juventus win their 5th legitimate title under Max Allegri, who joins such luminaries Gigi Delneri and Ciro Ferrara as clowns who managed to get a job in Torino. They also made the Champions League final, which capped off a great season for Italian football in the quest to acquire a 4th Champions League place. The other teams involved in the push were Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio, Torino and Napoli who all did well up to a point. All in all it was a good year. Massimo Ferrero bought Sampdoria and has given us as much pleasure as our good friend Aurelio Di Laurentiis of Napoli and we saw the most amount of goals scored in the league in a long time. This year we’ve also got two teams from tiny hamlets who’s promotion caused Lazio’s Claudio Lotito to have a meltdown. Hopefully the entertainment continues as we push in to this season, which will feature the following teams:

Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio
Home City Bergamo
Manager: Edy Reja
Notable players in: Some clowns
Notable players out: Davide Zappacosta (defender, Torino), Yohan BEnalouane (defender, Leicester City)
Trophies: Coppa Italia [1] 62/63
Last finish: 17th
Barely avoided relegation last year despite the best efforts of an aging German Denis and a few heroic performances by aptly named goalkeeper Marco Sportiello. Their long time sporting director just quit the club a few days ago so I expect signings to be thin and Reja isn’t exactly known for bringing in youth players. It’s gonna be tough in Bergamo this year.

Bologna Football Club 1909
Home City Bologna
Manager: Delio Rossi
Notable players in: Antonio Mirante (goalkeeper, Parma)
Notable players out: Gianluca Sansone (attacker, Bari end loan)
Trophies: Serie A [7] 24/25, 28/29, 35/36, 36/37, 38/39, 40/41, 63/64
Coppa Italia [2] 69/70, 73/74
Last finish: Serie B playoff winners

Bologna makes their triumphant comeback to the top flight after living in the doldrums of Serie B last year. They had a relatively rough way back, only managing to pip Pescara to the last Serie A spot by virtue of them having a better season record after their playoff games ended in a stalemate. Bologna are now owned by the hilariously named American Joe Tacopina and the team has big plans to be important again. Just a few days ago a massive renovation plan of the Dall’Ara stadium was leaked and it looks really nice. Of course as with all new owners, who knows if the money is actually there. As for the football, they’ll struggle as all newly promoted teams do but have made some decent signings so out of all the new sides I think they have the best chance to stay up.

Carpi Football Club 1909
Home City Carpi
Manager: Fabrizio Castori
Notable players in: Gabriel Silva (midfielder, Udinese) Andrea Lazzari (midfielder, Fiorentina end contract)
Notable players out: Gabriel (goalkeeper, Napoli via Milan end loan)
Trophies: None at the top level
Last finish: Serie B Champions

Carpi are one of the smallest teams to get promoted in a long time, an action which worried Claudio Lotito enough that he said it would be a disgrace and a disaster if it happened. Well it did, and here we are. Carpi’s inaugural Serie A season will be played in nearby Modena’s stadium as theirs is basically a school pitch with backpacks as goalposts and a goat wandering around. Carpi had a very good season in B last year holding the top spot for most of the second half, but as we know the top league is a big jump up so I expect them to struggle. They’ve got a very excited fanbase, though, and they have been encouraged by Lotito’s idiocy so I expect them to put on a good show at home.

Associazione Calcio Chievo Verona
Home City Verona
Manager: Rolando Maran
Notable players in: Paul Jose M’Poku (attacker, Cagliari via Standard) Lucas Castro (midfielder, Catania)
Notable players out: Francesco Bardi (goalkeeper, Espanyol via Inter)
Trophies: none at the top level
Last finish: 14th

Once again these pieces of crap just wont get flushed and managed to avoid the drop. Kings of the 0-0 draw, boring as hell and with an enormous stadium and 6 fans to fill it. They’ve of course made enough signings to stay up again, and club talisman Sergio Pellissier has re-signed to stay a little longer so I’m sure they’ll hang on again to nobody’s excitement.

Empoli Football Club
Home City Empoli
Manager: Marco Giampaolo
Notable players in: Lucas Skorupski (keeper, Roma)
Notable players out: Mirko Valdifiori (midfielder, Napoli), Luigi Sepe (keeper, Fiorentina via Napoli), Simone Verdi (attacker, Milan), Daniele Rugani (defender, Juventus, end loan)
Trophies: None at the top flight
Last finish: 15th

Empoli have a really tough year ahead of them. They’ve lost their inspirational manager Maurizio Sarri to Napoli and have also lost the players that really made a difference in last seasons fight to stay up. They’ll have to come up with something big in the end of the transfer window if they hope to avoid going back to B; they’re a completely different side than they were last year.

Associazione Calcio Firenze Fiorentina
Home City Firenze
Manager: Paolo Sousa
Notable players in: Luigi Sepe (goalkeeper, Empoli), Mario Suarez (midfielder, Atletico Madrid), Davide Astori (defender, Roma via Cagliari), Giuseppe Rossi (attacker, the local physio room)
Notable players out: Mario Gomez (attacker, some Turkish team I think I don’t know), David Pizarro (midfielder, Santiago Wanderers), Alberto Aquilani (midfielder, Sporting), Mohammed Salah (attacker, Roma via Chelsea),
Trophies: Serie A [2] 55/56, 68/69
Coppa Italia [6] 39/40, 60/61, 65/66, 74/75, 95/96, 00/01
Cup Winners Cup [1] 60/61
Last finish: 4th

A total overhaul for this team over the summer. With the departure of Vincenzo Montella for reasons that are still unclear to everyone except Canepazzo I think, Paulo Sousa has been appointed manager and the whole squad has been revamped. Gone are the big disappointments of Gomez, which will free up plenty of room to buy some big players. I expect more transfer activity before the summer is over. In terms of football, Fiorentina’s preseason has gone quite well and Giuseppe Rossi is back (for the time being) so things are looking up. I expect Sousa to push this team to Europa League or higher, as it is a good side. However, the other top sides have strengthened as well so it’ll be a challenge. Should be an interesting season for the Viola.

Frosinone Calcio
Home City Frosinone
Manager: Roberto Stellone
Notable players in: Nicola Leali (keeper, Juventus), Aleandro Rosi (attacker, Fiorentina via Genoa)
Notable players out: none
Last finish: 2nd In Serie B

Frosinone will be playing Serie A for the first time in their history after a hard fought 2nd place in Serie B which saw them fend off several sides that were within one point for the second half of the season. This team is a bit of a mystery to me, I didn’t catch many of their games and their manager is being “promoted” from B as well after leading the team from Serie C2 all the way up here. They’ve made some decent signings and will probably make more. I honestly don’t know where they’ll end up.

Genoa Cricket and Football Club
Home City Genova
Manager: Gian Piero Gasperini
Notable players in: Goran Pandev (attacker, Galatasary, remember this guy???), Darko Lazovic (midfielder, Red Star Belgrade)
Notable players out: Andrea Bertolacci (attacker, Milan via Roma), Iago Falque (attacker, Roma), Facundo Roncaglia (defender, Fiorentina end loan)
Trophies: Serie A [9] 1897/98; 1898/99; 1899/1900; 1901/02; 1902/03; 1903/04; 1914/15; 1922/34 1923/24
Coppa Italia [1] 36/37
Last finish: 6th

Gasperini did a great job with a limited side last season that saw his team secure a Europa League spot. Of course, afterwards they couldn’t get a UEFA license and had to give their spot to their eternal rivals Sampdoria, who promptly poo poo it away and lost to some Serbian nobodies in the first round after getting humiliated at “home” (the Juventus stadium) 4-0. Genoa is a side built on loans and deals and always has an active market. Gasperini has done his best to hang on to players who are good, I feel, but he can’t control everything. Regardless, he’s a great manager for this kind of side and I feel that Genoa could be comfortably mid table with the squad they have now.

Football Club Internazionale Milano
Home City Milano
Manager: Roberto Mancini
Notable players in: Miranda (defender, Atletico Madrid), Geoffrey Kondogbia (midfielder, Monaco), Martin Montoya (foreign fancy dan, Barcelona), Jeison Murillo (defender, Granada), Stefan Jovetic (attacker, Manchester City)
Notable players out: Lukas Podolski (attacker, Galatasary via Arsenal), Joel Obi (midfielder, Torino), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (midfielder, Basel),
Trophies: Serie A [18] 1909/10, 19/20, 29/30, 37/38, 39/40, 52/53, 53/54, 62/63, 64/65, 65/66, 70/71, 79/80, 88/89, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09 09/10
Coppa Italia [7] 38/39, 77/78, 81/82, 04/05, 05/06, 09/10, 10/11
European Cup/Champions League [3] 63/64, 64/65, 09/10
UEFA Cup/Europa League [3] 90/91, 93/94, 97/98
Last finish: 8th

Mazzarri was found out last year and replaced by hometown “favorite” Roberto Mancini after he was unceremoniously resurrected from whatever hole he was hiding in with his City money. Unfortunately for me, Inter have had a beast of a transfer market, clearing out garbage like Podolski and Kuzmanovic and signing plenty of good players. On paper, this team should be up there with Juventus, especially with Icardi in the form that he was in last season, but I have faith that Mancini will gently caress everything up like he always did when he wasn’t handed the league on a plate. Regardless, the objective is Champions League football and they have the side to do it.

Juventus Football Club
Home City Torino
Manager: Massimiliano “DAI DAI DAI” Allegri loving STILL lmao
Notable players in: Sami Khedira (midfielder, Real Madrid), Mario Mandzukic (attacker, Atletico Madrid), Simone Zaza (attacker, Sassuolo), Paulo Dybala (attacker, Palermo)
Notable players out: Andrea Pirlo (midfielder, NYCFC), Carlos Tevez (attacker, Boca Juniors), Arturo Vidal (midfielder, Bayern Munich)
Trophies: Serie A [30] 1905, 25/26, 30/31, 31/32, 32/33, 33/34, 34/35, 49/50, 51/52, 57/58, 59/60, 60/61, 66/67, 71/72, 72/73, 74/75, 76/77, 77/78, 80/81, 81/82, 83/84, 85/86, 94/95, 96/97, 97/98, 01/02, 02/03, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15
Coppa Italia [10] 37/38, 41/42, 58/59, 64/65, 78/79, 82/83, 89/90, 94/95, 14/15
European Cup/Champions League [2] 84/85, 95/96
Cup Winners Cup [1] 83/84
UEFA Cup/Europa League [3] 76/77, 89/90, 92/93
Last finish: 1st

Juve looked somewhat beatable in the beginning of the season and then Roma fell apart like they always do and Max Allegri shat his way to another title, and a Coppa Italia victory that had been missing since the mid 90’s. Juve also made it to the Champions League final and was generally considered a great team all around. The honeymoon is over now and Allegri now has to deal with the loss of his top scorer and the eternal Andrea Pirlo while signing broken turds like Sami Khedira. Could this be the year they are dethroned? Probably not, but we can all hope.

Societa Sportiva Lazio
Home City Roma
Manager:
Notable players in: Some guys I’ve never heard of
Notable players out: Cristian Ledesma (midfielder, end contract), Stefano Mauri (midfielder, end contract)
Trophies: Serie A [2] 73/74, 99/00
Coppa Italia [5] 1958, 97/98, 99/00, 03/04, 08/09, 12/13
Cup Winners Cup [1] 99/98
Last finish: 3rd

Lazio is one of those sides that played bigger than they should have last year. They went on a relatively quiet run up the table and stayed in third place, pipping Roma at one point but ultimately losing out to them for second. They’ve reinforced with some dudes I haven’t heard of but have lost their long time captain. Pioli hasn’t been in the CL ever before so it’ll be weird to see him there. Klose keeps kicking around and should be good for a few goals and they’ve got a few great young players in Keita Balde and Felipe Anderson so there is a decent chance of them doing well this season.

Associazione Calcio Milan
Home City Milano
Manager: Sinisa Mihajlovic
Notable players in: Carlos Bacca (attacker, Sevilla), Luiz Adriano (attacker, Shakhtar), Andrea Bertolacci (attacker, Genoa via Roma)
Notable players out: Daniele Bonera (shithouse, the trash) Sully Muntari (clown idiot, some shithole in the desert), Michael Essien (physios best pal, a mercedes dealership), Stephan El Shaarawy (attacker, Monaco)
Trophies: Serie A [18] 1901, 1906, 1907, 50/51, 54/55, 56/57, 58/59, 61/62, 67/68, 78/79, 87/88, 91/92, 92/93, 93/94, 95/96, 98/99, 03/04, 10/11
Coppa Italia [5] 66/67, 71/72, 72/73, 76/77, 02/03
European Cup/Champions Leage [7] 62/63, 68/69, 88/89, 89/90, 93/94, 02/03, 06/07
Cup Winners Cup [2] 67/68, 72/73
Last finish: 10th

Inzaghi lasted through the whole season and was quickly disposed of at the end after managing to beat Allegri’s worst record ever by three places. Jeremy Menez scoring four against Parm in the second game of the season was the highlight of the whole thing and the rest of it was just embarrassing. Things are looking up though, as Milan have managed to dump Daniele Bonera, Sulley Muntari, Michael Essien and some other garbagemen which is an instant improvement because they wont be available for selection any more no matter how stupid the manager is. Of course, nobody has been signed for the defense, which was the biggest and most obvious problem for this team, and instead focus has been shifted on bringing back Ibrahimovic despite having like 10 strikers on the team sheet. Without a better defense, Milan will struggle to get Europa League places again. It also remains to be seen if Thai businessman Bee Teachubol actually has any money at all or if this is all an elaborate scam on Berlusconi (it is).

Societa Sportiva Calcio Napoli
Home City Napoli
Manager: Maurizio Sarri
Notable players in: Mirko Valdifiori (midfielder, Empoli), Pepe Reina (keeper, Bayern Munich)
Notable players out: Duvan Zapata (attacker, Udinese), Max Britos (defender, Watford)
Trophies: Serie A [2] 86/86, 89/90
Coppa Italia [4] 61/62, 75/76, 86/87, 11/12, 13/14
UEFA Cup/Europa Leage [1] 88/89
Last finish: 5th

Napoli had by all accounts, a garbage season in which they should have done better. They had the players and hell, dare I say the management to get them to the CL spots but they dropped stupid points and gave away poo poo goals. They haven’t really cleaned out the crap in the offseason other than firing Benitez, but they’ve shifted away from a big time manager to a relative unknown. Sarri did great with what he had last season but Empoli still ended up towards the bottom of the table. It’s really uknown what he can do with good players, so it’s a bit of a mystery as to where Napoli will finish. The objective is Champions League but it’s crowded up there, so who knows.

Unione Sportivo Citta Di Palermo
Home City Palermo, Sicilia
Manager: Giuseppe Iacchini
Notable players in: A lot of nobodies
Notable players out: Paulo Dybala (attacker, Juventus)
Last finish: 11th

Palermo had a pretty anonymous season last year and were propped up higher than they probably should have been by Paulo Dybala (who was snapped up by Juventus the second he became available) and Franco Vazquez. They haven’t signed anyone that I’ve heard of but they’ve gotten rid of Dybala so it will be an uphill fight for the men in Pink. The money should be invested uhhh…any day now! On the plus side, they haven’t fired their manager yet so there is some continuity left.

Associazione Sportiva Roma
Home City Roma
Manager: Rudi Garcia
Notable players in: Mohammed Salah (attacker, Fiorentina via Chelsea) Woj Scezzers (goalkeeper, Arsenal), Edin Dzeko (possibly????) (attacker, Manchester City)
Notable players out: Jose Holebas (defender, Watford)
Trophies: Serie A [3] 41/42, 82/83, 00/01
Coppa Italia [9] 63/64, 68/69, 79/80, 80/81, 83/84, 85/86, 90/91, 06/07, 07/08
Last finish: 2nd

Roma repeated their stupid rear end form from last year and played great up until it mattered and then spent the rest of the time jacking each other off and creating scoring opportunities for the other team. Totti is still around and he’s still insanely important to this side for football reasons, which seems crazy to me but it works, and his selfie during the derby will continue to be pretty iconic, as stupid as it was. Garcia has to be aiming for a title, and they should be able to challenge. Whether they actually will is doubtful. The good news is they haven’t really lost anyone important and with Salah and probably Dzeko the goalscoring front seems to be getting better.

Unione Calcio Sampdoria
Home City Genova
Manager: Walter loving Zenga are you serious
Notable players in: Edgar Barreto (midfielder, Palermo)
Notable players out: Stefano Okaka (attacker, Anderlecht), Pedro Obiang (attacker, West Ham)
Trophies: Serie A [1] 90/91
Coppa Italia [4] 84/85, 87/88, 88/89, 93/94
Cup Winners Cup [1] 89/90
Last finish: 7th

Massimo Ferrero’s first important year of ownership saw the club reach the Europa League because their neighborhood rivals couldn’t get a UEFA license. With this great opportunity to embarrass Genoa and to put themselves back on the European map they lost 4-0 at home and made total asses of themselves. Now Ferrero wants to bring back Antonio Cassano. And he was also interested in Mario Balotelli. He’s also interested in getting roaringly drunk in public and being insane on television. Oh yeah, they also play football, probably badly, and I think it’s going to be a really tough year for Samp.

Unione Sportivo Sassuolo Calcio
Home City Sassuolo
Manager: Eusebio Di Francesco
Notable players in: Guy Defrel (attacker, Cesena), Alfred Duncan (midfielder, Sampdoria)
Notable players out: Simone Zaza (attacker, Juventus)
Last finish: 12th

Berardi scored 7 goals against Milan alone last season and that’s pretty much the summary of Sassuolo’s 2014-2015. Losing Zaza will be difficult but I think Di Francesco had to be expecting it and has been planning around it. I imagine he has high hopes for Defrel, who was one of the few players on Cesena that wasn’t a total sack of poo poo last season, but that isn’t saying much. Sassuolo shouldn’t have too tough a time staying up but they’ll struggle to get out of mid table.

Torino Football Club
Home City Torino
Manager: Giampiero Ventura
Notable players in: Joel Obi (midfielder, Inter), Davide Zappacosta (defender, Atalanta)
Notable players out: Matteo Darmian (defender, Manchester United)
Trophies: Serie A [7] 27/28, 42/43, 45/46, 46/47, 47/48, 48/49, 75/76
Coppa Italia [5] 35/36, 42/43, 67/68, 70/71, 92/93
Last finish: 9th

Torino had a heroic run through the Europa League until they were stopped by Zenit in the knockouts, but really they went much farther than we all thought they would. Even with that burden, they managed to stay in the top 10 in Italy and even managed to squeak a derby win against Juventus, their first since 1995. Losing Darmian will be a big hit, as he was arguably one of their best players and provided a lot going forward, but he was by no means the most important players. Zappacosta is also a brilliant defender in my opinon, and he was a wise purchase by Ventura. I think they’ll do well again this year, and without European commitments they may be able to climb up a bit.

Udinese Calcio
Home City Udine
Manager: Stefano Colantuono
Notable players in: Duvan Zapata (attacker, Napoli)
Notable players out: Allan (midfielder, Napoli), Simone Scuffet (goalkeeper, Como)
Last finish: 16th

Strama got found out real quick and Udinese fell to their lowest Serie A position in a while, despite Di Natale surpassing Roberto Baggio’s goalscoring record in the league. The Pozzo’s seem to be more interested in Watford at the moment, but it’s starting to be come apparent that Francesco Guidolin was really driving that success story in the early 2010’s. Di Natale signed on for another year so we’re all happy about that, but there isn’t much else to be excited about. I hope for Toto’s sake that they don’t get relegated before he retires.

Hellas Verona Football Club
Home City Verona
Manager: Andrea Mandorlini
Notable players in: Giampaolo Pazzini (attacker, Milan)
Notable players out: None
Trophies: Serie A [1] 84/85
Last finish: 13th

Nothing to see here, move along. Luca Toni.

Evviva Bossi Padania Libero

Same

Where can I watch?

In America
Well, the internet is more than likely your best bet. beIn sport “carries” Serie A but it’s usually limited to the late game on Sunday or Saturday, provided Barcelona or Real Madrid aren’t playing. They also show stuff on tape delay.

RAI International (now called RAI Italia) carries a game in each time slot (lunch time, 1500 and 2045) on each game day, but the quality of the broadcast is really bad and also it’s in Italian!

BeIn has launched a streaming service here though it's only available if you have Time Warner or some other networks that have signed a deal with them. Check your local listings I guess!

In the UK
Somebody has it because sassassin keeps coming here to watch games and complain about how bad they are

Anywhere else
I have no idea! If you know please let me know and I’ll put it here.

What should I read?

La Gazzetta Dello Sport: Italian sports daily with an English language site that isn't updated often enough. Most of their news is reliable, except when they tell you outright that they heard it coming from an underage prostitute stumbling out of a Sardegnan Villa.

Football Italia: A English language site covering Italian football that updates constantly. One of my favorites for English language.

Forza Italian Football A site with some news coverage and a lot of decent editorial pieces. English language, best for opinions.

transfermarkt.it: A gigantic real life transfer database, the .it version is in Italian and covers Serie A on the first page, but if you go to the bottom there's a .co.uk version that's in English.

Please suggest others! Everything I read tends to be Milan specific and in Italian, but if you have sites that are good I'd be happy to put them here.

Who should I follow on twitter/facebook/the yohan kebab?
The league itself actually has a very good social media presence, and they post all the time. They post a lot of good pictures and announce important things pretty quickly.

Tancredi Palmeri is a multilingual journalist who is mostly worth following during the transfer season for entertainment only; he’s mostly full of poo poo but every now and then he tells a good story about a player or a manager and such.

Gianluca Di Marzio is another good journalist who’s more serious than Palmeri and also has an English section on his website. He’s usually pretty reliable.

OptaPaolo for stat dorks

James Horncastle is a good journalist for English language stuff

What to post about in this thread
Serie A, Serie B, Lega Pro (C1/C2) and our good friends Parma in Serie D. You can also talk about the national team or topics related to Italy in general, but lets stick mostly to football.

Miscellaneous Important Things

An important summary of everyone in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGJwz8OFPI

Hell,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8

Lol

Couple of classics

Silenced by the media

Proper Italian management style

but first, lemme take a selfie

:getin:
http://gfycat.com/AcidicHilariousImago

In conclusion

va in mona ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The greatest league in the world is back

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I wonder who's gonna get caught cheating this year

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Also, remember: every day in this thread is Friends' Day.

So sit back, enjoy the view

and as always, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This is could just be the OP and I'd be ok with it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Supercoppa is tomorrow (maybe) with Lazio playing Juve in Shanghai. The last two supercoppa games have been good for varying reasons so hopefully this one is as well.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I am looking forward to not seeing any games, because the greatest league in the world was dropped by all the major broadcasters here.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Weaponized Cum posted:

I wonder who's gonna get caught cheating this year

Icardi, with Barbara Berlusconi.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mackintosh posted:

I am looking forward to not seeing any games, because the greatest league in the world was dropped by all the major broadcasters here.

#2ndworldproblems

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Hi best thread, here are some random thoughts in no particular order:

Pogba will level up with the power of the #10 shirt and destroy the league.

Will own when Mancini manages to do worse than Mazzari, and with a much better squad.

Wow, didn’t expect Pandev to show up haha.

Looking forward to two dreadful 0-0 draws between Chievo and Bologna.

'Paul Jose M’Poku’ sounds like a generated name in the year 2025 of an FM game.

I really liked how Empoli played last season so it will be a shame if they struggle, at least they managed to keep Saponara who was great for them.

Tancredi is also a huge creep and sometimes tweets drunk which is always good for a laugh

In Latin America you can watch Serie A on ESPN and Fox Sports and Serie B and Coppa Italia on Gol TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UjEjGc4nk

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Just realized the thread is missing my personal favorite image

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Just realized the thread is missing my personal favorite image

This and Cellino grabbing his crotch are the best, can't believe I forgot this one.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For no good reason I hope Napoli do well this season and also I didn't know Lazio had won so little titles. Made me think

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for some bizarre reason Benfica TV, which already had the rights for the English and Greek league, now grabbed the rights for the french and italian league which is cool and good in my book

hope to see Juventus maintain the title, a good Napoli run, AC Milan in CL spots and DI Natale in the top 3 scorers of the league

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope my club Genoa do well this season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I am mad the Supercoppa isn't on BeIN.

Real mad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I am mad the Supercoppa isn't on BeIN.

Real mad.

It's on their streaming channel apparently. Regardless it's on all flavors of RAI so there will be plenty of illegal streams I'm sure.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Xpost from the photos thread, but Lazio's new Dutch signing Ricardo Kishna is doing very well to endear himself to his new club:

(Also, the fascists drew Bayer Leverkusen in the CL playoff round)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

No mention of Kevin Lasagna gas thread ban OP.

Also Montella was fired for:

1) Being too ambitious and wanting big signings (pessimists version)
2) Having an underground contact with another team and hoping to be released from the clause (optimists version)

Really liking a lot of what Sousa is showing, if we grab a proper Babacar alternative, a second DM and a right wingback we might confirm last years results.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Seltzer posted:

#2ndworldproblems

Agreed, Italy needs to sort itself out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The pitch for the Supercoppa is in really bad shape. The groundskeepers are out now dumping grass clippings on the bare dirt patches to make it look better on TV, ha.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

The pitch for the Supercoppa is in really bad shape. The groundskeepers are out now dumping grass clippings on the bare dirt patches to make it look better on TV, ha.

And here I was thinking that the players wouldn't feel at home.

canepazzo posted:

No mention of Kevin Lasagna gas thread ban OP.

Ah poo poo!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Marchisio, Pogba, Evra; Coman, Mandzukic

Lazio: Marchetti; Basta, De Vrij, Gentiletti, Radu; Onazi, Biglia, Cataldi; Candreva, Klose, Felipe Anderson

It's a bit of a surprise to see Coman start, hopefully he does well with the opportunity.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i only follow this league very casually but are lazio actually really good despite being scum?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

poo poo Farm posted:

i only follow this league very casually but are lazio actually really good despite being scum?

They were quite good last year. They have a good scouting system it seems, they never spend any real money in the transfer market and have a handful of really good young players. Pioli also seems to be an excellent manager. The big questions for them are if Klose can remain healthy and whether they'll hang on to Biglia before the transfer window shuts.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I hope Palermo doesn't go back down without Dybala. :smith:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

silvergoose posted:

I hope Palermo doesn't go back down without Dybala. :smith:

Pipo won't allow that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This isn't very good so far

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

This isn't very good so far

It isnt, not worth waking up at 6am on a Saturday

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol the Chinese game clock was like two minutes behind

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sturaro was good at emulating Vidal when it comes to running all over the place and kicking people, not so much in terms of attacking play, receiving simple passes, etc.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

lol the Chinese game clock was like two minutes behind

Yeah, wtf was that, it just ended all of a sudden haha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This game has been poo poo, I blame Allegri.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mandzukic :cmon:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ahaha, Cassano is having his medical with Samp right now

Please get Balotelli next, please make this happen

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Good, maybe Dybala will do something. Anything. Just shoot, idk.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Apparently the game clock is drifting 2 seconds for every minute it elapses, that's why the first half ended "early".

Should've gotten one from Japan.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hey that was a nice goal

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

:siren: a thing has happened :siren:

That was a nice header

Adbot