Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Love Live?
This poll is closed.
Honoka 3 1.74%
Umi 7 4.07%
Kotori 3 1.74%
Hanayo 2 1.16%
Rin 13 7.56%
Maki 12 6.98%
Eli 3 1.74%
Nozomi 8 4.65%
Nico 38 22.09%
Kenshiro 83 48.26%
Total: 172 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Droyer posted:

To my Chat thread, thank you. To my Beef Chief, goodbye. And to all the posters, congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

You should like you too...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its cool how rin is always freaking out in the ed while the rest is just standing still being boring

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

its amusing how much the game insists the player is a girl
the fanbase actually has a decent amount of girls in it.

Droyer posted:

To my Chat thread, thank you. To my Beef Chief, goodbye. And to all the posters, congratulations!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The producer is cool, actually.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Burbo Burbo burrrrrrrrrrr

hi baal

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

the fanbase actually has a decent amount of girls in it.

good on them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

its cool how rin is always freaking out in the ed while the rest is just standing still being boring
honoka and nico are usually doing something too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVO9ae5WDw

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

did the thread for that anime ever come to a screeching halt with someone trying to bring up how bad the idol industry is irl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was hosed up that the brother never did it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

it's something i assume would happen at some point in these forums

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

did the thread for that anime ever come to a screeching halt with someone trying to bring up how bad the idol industry is irl
no but zorak went on a huge rant about it in the season thread it was first airing in, lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

i like my friends, in the adtrw chat thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZWVal7jxEc

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

no but zorak went on a huge rant about it in the season thread it was first airing in, lol

Whenever there was an idol anime the season threads would have rants about the idol industry, it was weird.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol what did the zorkster have to say about it

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I like you, dancing owl man.
i dont because hes severely GBS and sadbrains

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think he called it 'yet another anime that supports the victimization of young girls' or smth stupid

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

i think he called it 'yet another anime that supports the victimization of young girls' or smth stupid

hahaha

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

The gently caress?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

i liked how if zorak didnt like a series he would make tons of snippy/misleading comments about them in the season thread OPs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the idol industry has some obvious problems but i dont think it's the screaming hellhole that people on the internet make it out to be, nor is it significantly worse than the western pop star industry

also this is irrelevant since the girls in ll aren't even actual idols, they're just amateurs posting their concerts to the net

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the show avoids the whole idol industry thing by just being k-on without instruments, so its just some girls who did it because they want to rather than whatever

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

It would be amusing if that happened across all genres of shows

Mecha shows are perpetuating the military industrial complex

and uh

that's all I got right now but someone can probably think of something

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

love live isn't even about actual idols tho

do any of them even want to be actual, non-school idols

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

yet another anime that supports the victimization of young girls

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

the idol industry has some obvious problems but i dont think it's the screaming hellhole that people on the internet make it out to be, nor is it significantly worse than the western pop star industry

also this is irrelevant since the girls in ll aren't even actual idols, they're just amateurs posting their concerts to the net

My immediate comparison was always just something like High School Musical, even though I have never seen that and only one episode of Love Live.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

anime idols are innocent and free from the evils of real life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

do any of them even want to be actual, non-school idols
nico nico nii does

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the internet has problems with understanding that places can have problems without being Literally Hell on Earth

like how in reaction to the early internet being full of annoying weeaboos preaching the gospel of Glorious Nippon, japan is now the worst country on earth because having a job and working is less fun than being a teenager and collage kid

unlike literally everywhere else

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

It would be amusing if that happened across all genres of shows

Mecha shows are perpetuating the military industrial complex

and uh

that's all I got right now but someone can probably think of something
it owns because you could totally make that argument but nobody ever does because they like mecha shows

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I don't know who any of these idols are but Kenshiro knows which pressure points to punch to render someone incapable of lying so he gets my vote.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Davincie posted:

rin is win

nya characters suck

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
For those of you who have not yet experienced the glory that is Fist of the North Star, my preceding statement is canon.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i liked how if zorak didnt like a series he would make tons of snippy/misleading comments about them in the season thread OPs

I'd probably do the same if I were making season threads.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

nya characters suck
quoted for banyan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

it owns because you could totally make that argument but nobody ever does because they like mecha shows

i dont like them anymore really

• Locked thread