Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

pichupal posted:

Eternal Sonata PS3 differences - Part 1

Nifty, gonna put this in the OP

Hbomberguy posted:

CHARACTERS PART TWO: ALLEGRETTO

those eyes are terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I fondly remeber playing Haydn's Kawaii Concerto No. 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how long before the thread just devolves into 'You know what would make this game good?'

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder how long before the thread just devolves into 'You know what would make this game good?'
The answer is more titties. It's always more titties.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Great Joe posted:

The answer is more titties. It's always more titties.

Look, at some point there has to be a decent game that the titties are in. Senran Kagura didn't sell itself to me because of the tits. And neither did any of the Dead or Alive games for that matter.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Shame on you, missing the obvious dumb joke with Beat despite all that Inception talk.

Suspicious Dish posted:

How many sewers have you seen???

It's practically a greenhouse from what little we saw.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Shame on you, missing the obvious dumb joke with Beat despite all that Inception talk.

It's practically a greenhouse from what little we saw.

It's that way because nobody poops in anime... unless it's a particular kind of anime.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

There's more than one anime with an episode dedicated entirely to extended diarrhea "jokes".

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Anoia posted:

It's that way because nobody poops in anime... unless it's a particular kind of anime.

Is that particular kind of anime "Shonen anime"? Because gosh do those anime love their poop.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Update sometime tomorrow. Thread is locked until then. Please stop talking about anime poop.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

In this video, Hbomb accompanies me on a sightseeing tour of the Scenic Ritardando Sewers, and it is a fun time for all involved.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 17, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's kind of odd that the game keeps pressing the point that if you get a non-specific, incurable, noncommunicable, terminal disease you get magic powers. It seems like it would make a ton more sense if some small percentage of people inexplicably (to them and doctors and whatnot) developed the ability to use magic and that started a slow degenerative process in their bodies. I dunno, I might be putting too much thought in the logical reasoning of an anime dream of a dying Polish composer from a couple centuries ago.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 17, 2015

Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes
He's a Polish composer, you motehfurcker

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...That is correct. Dunno how that happened.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Do you think the level of magical ability you develop is tied to the terminal illness you have, like with Cancer you can shoot fireballs and with Aids you shoot lasers from your eyes.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Judge Tesla posted:

Do you think the level of magical ability you develop is tied to the terminal illness you have, like with Cancer you can shoot fireballs and with Aids you shoot lasers from your eyes.

"AIDS Lasers" would make a pretty awesome band name.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Judge Tesla posted:

Get Polio and you can fly!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This is a very dangerous road we're taking and I'm not sure Instant Grat will want to keep his thread open for much longer if we keep talking about laser aides.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Don't even bother taking a counter on how often the game lectures you, or talks about people in general.

Trying to keep ahead of the videos for my PS3 replay, but I don't think there are many New Game Plus or PS3 differences any time soon. The only thing I noticed is the English PS3 version has a french subtitle track that changes Beat's name to Piccolo.

On the gameplay side, I actually like the idea of what they do with the battle system and gradual changes. It's one of the things I think the game does pretty well. The gameplay system at the very beginning is pretty bare, but stuff like unit positioning and facing at the end of a turn actually become pretty important even at this stage (as the next boss coming up on New Game Plus can one shot you if you miss a guard, and is occasionally smart enough to run around you).

The game really doesn't explain photography or how Beat and Viola can attack at range well. A lot of the info tends to be hidden in towns on random signs, NPCs or objects for a lot of non vital game mechanics. I can expand on this later if you don't notice or skip over the mechanics later.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 17, 2015

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
REDACTED.

vvvvv

Oops. Sorry.

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 17, 2015

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Ghostwoods posted:

Apparently Vivid Shot actually does get you photos. Wooooo.

Shhhh, spoilers :ssh:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Giving you that without giving you a single indication of what it could possibly do is some A+ development work. Good job, Tri-Crescendo.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
A friend of mine just sent me a message a day or two ago asking me if this game was good. I said "I dunno, I've never played it." He ended up buying it.

I guess we'll see if he made a horrible mistake, but for now I'm just marveling at the stupid-rear end shoulder feathers.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
At least the environments in this game look visually somewhat interesting. So far, to me anyway.

For Beethoven mode can you do a new game plus and mute your TV?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

This game. This loving game. The game with such awkward, cavernous pauses between every line of dialogue that I died of old age while playing it.

Usually JRPGs start slow and pile on mechanics as you progress, slowly adding complexity to a simple combat system. Eternal Sonata somehow gets worse the longer it goes. I can't wait.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I had to look it up because that boss took way too loving much time. Far more than any reasonable first boss should drag on for.

It had 18,000 health.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Ted_Haggard posted:

At least the environments in this game look visually somewhat interesting. So far, to me anyway.

For Beethoven mode can you do a new game plus and mute your TV?

I know the audio isn't perfect, but the fact is we just didn't have time or money before Hbomb had to fly home to get the splitters and cables we would've needed to pipe the game's audio into two sets of headphones to completely avoid the microphone picking up game audio.

At best, this contributes to creating a feeling that you're stuck in the room with me and Hbomb as we murder all of these rats, and at worst (I hope) it's more "mild annoyance" than "unwatchable garbage".

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
All I can think of so far when I watch the game play and story is that we're going to have to go a *long* way to get back to 19th Century composer Frederic Chopin. :psyduck:

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

I know the audio isn't perfect, but the fact is we just didn't have time or money before Hbomb had to fly home to get the splitters and cables we would've needed to pipe the game's audio into two sets of headphones to completely avoid the microphone picking up game audio.

At best, this contributes to creating a feeling that you're stuck in the room with me and Hbomb as we murder all of these rats, and at worst (I hope) it's more "mild annoyance" than "unwatchable garbage".

The sound is fine. It was a bad joke about the composer going deaf, no worries.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Mr. Soop posted:

All I can think of so far when I watch the game play and story is that we're going to have to go a *long* way to get back to 19th Century composer Frederic Chopin. :psyduck:

The Burger King Chopper will show up very soon, do not worry

Ted_Haggard posted:

The sound is fine. It was a bad joke about the composer going deaf, no worries.

Cool, a few people in the Sandcastle mentioned that the audio was bothering them, so I wanted to clear it up just in case

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

"The conquest of bread. The famous...collectivist...book...by...what's his face."

I am a MASTER of cultural theory

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
hi

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

sup

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

One of the character's win quotes is "There is no way to stop my relentless advance!" Vaguely icky, but his other quotes are just dumb and flowery enough to be great.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Noted photographer, marxist, and lover of anime, Frederic Chopin.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Last time: We had to break in the middle of a cutscene.

This time: The rest of that cutscene, also bug poo poo, also a hat.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Man, the real-world people are really keen on killing Chopin off. First episode it's 'Oh, he's having a great dream. Well, you know what they say, you have the best dreams before you die' and now it's 'Oh, he's having such a great dream, he probably won't come back'.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream. " - Frederic Chopin

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Polsy posted:

Man, the real-world people are really keen on killing Chopin off. First episode it's 'Oh, he's having a great dream. Well, you know what they say, you have the best dreams before you die' and now it's 'Oh, he's having such a great dream, he probably won't come back'.

He actually doesnt know he's in a dream. He just talks like he all the time. They're all mocking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I was wondering about what you said about toilet ghosts, so I went on the internet and found a list of the different types of toilet ghost in Japanese folklore. Something about dying on the can is just terrifying to them.

• Locked thread