Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My favorite use of Raindrops is in the Halo 3 ads where they used it to make Master Chief teabagging his way through the galaxy more poignant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That interlude looks like it was made the same day the discs were sent for printing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think he says "There is power within my melodies" but I'm not sure. I haven't played this in a while.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm proud of ya, Grat.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 17, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

That interlude looks like it was made the same day the discs were sent for printing.

I just checked the Japanese version and the whole (still silent) text played over the initial picture of the archway, so they definitely used the extra localisation time well.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I just want to make an RPG Maker game now that just cuts to random slides on a topic the characters were just talking about.

We're about to enter the Lava Chamber...

"Lava, magma that appears above ground."
*Science Fair Volcano Picture*

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So about the koala dragon butterfly shark.

When you beat it you got two levels? I think you might have been underleveled for that part of the game...

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Hahaha I just noticed the thread title. "Frederic Chopin's Powerpoint Nightmare".

Yeah, those sequences are very bizarre and completely out of nowhere.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

Gensuki posted:

So about the koala dragon butterfly shark.

When you beat it you got two levels? I think you might have been underleveled for that part of the game...

Both were 55 exp from leveling up in an area where most individual monsters give 25 exp (shadow onions giving 65). The boss gave 1500. The one or two extra fights to tip the level might've helped, but it probably would've just saved a peach cookie or two

I honestly think the school presentations are some of the better pieces of narrative from the game. It helps that it's completely irrelevant to the plot of the game and really is just historical tidbits of freddy chopper.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Just putting a lil' feeler out: would any of you be interested in a little thread competition for fun and (un)cool prizes?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

That all depends on whether the thing we do is fun and/or cool.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Is one of the uncool prizes your mug?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
How uncool are we talking here?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Suspicious Dish posted:

Is one of the uncool prizes your mug?

i'm literally drinking coffee from that mug at this very second

Great Joe posted:

That all depends on whether the thing we do is fun and/or cool.

fanart, video game challenges, tiny paragraph-niblets of very silly fanfiction where all the characters are marxists (or whatever political ideology hbomb is talking about at the time), that sort of thing

Logicblade posted:

How uncool are we talking here?

video games and custom t-shirts probably

e: Also the next episode is (privately) on YouTube, I just gotta make update images and come up with a title

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yay! Prizes!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Instant Grat posted:

fanart, video game challenges, tiny paragraph-niblets of very silly fanfiction where all the characters are marxists (or whatever political ideology hbomb is talking about at the time), that sort of thing

I can't do any of those, but I will mod you an onion so hard...

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
You really don't need to worry about boring us with combat, Grat. If we can survive the cut-scenes, we can survive anything.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Frederic Chopin died before the advent of environmentalism and affordable Japanophilia this is such bullshit :argh:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Jaffa cakes are delicious.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Frederic Chopin died before the advent of environmentalism and affordable Japanophilia this is such bullshit :argh:
Not very long though, late-19th century Paris was littered with weeaboos making bad manga prints.

edit:
look at this weeb garbage

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 27, 2015

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
The typical British definition of a biscuit is a dry and crisp/hard bread in thin, flat pieces, made without raising agents. Jaffa cakes are definitely raised, and not dry, crisp, flat, or hard. So they're absolutely cakes, and not biscuits/cookies. :spergin:

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Don't forget - cakes dry out whereas cookies get soft as they grow stale. :eng101: :spergin:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Entropy is a bitch!

But Jaffa Cakes are coated in chocolate, which helps offset the drying out. And, undoubtedly, 98% made of a blend of military-grade preservatives, powdered mineral ore, and reticulated deer spline.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
They are made of happiness and all that is right with the world. Nice job, Brits. You managed to not gently caress up a food for once. Between Jaffa Cakes, tea and your insane breakfasts, I think I could survive over there.

How can a people who have an ancestry so close to so much amazing, flavorful cultural cuisine be so bad at food?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The streetfood in Camden is pretty good.

You could probably get a meal and a half out of just eating the samples that all the vendors stick in your face when you're walking through the market.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

pointlessone posted:

They are made of happiness and all that is right with the world. Nice job, Brits. You managed to not gently caress up a food for once. Between Jaffa Cakes, tea and your insane breakfasts, I think I could survive over there.

How can a people who have an ancestry so close to so much amazing, flavorful cultural cuisine be so bad at food?

Because "It's good enough for me" is the British way of life, this is the one thing foreigners will never grasp about us.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Thread contest!

We're gonna have some good old fashioned viewer participation. Every so often, an update will be accompanied by a little challenge, which will award Eterno-points to those who participate. At the end of the thread, whoever has the most points will win a cool prize. There will also be a prize for second place, as well as a special prize, the winning condition for which is a secret.

The first challenge is fan-art! As we all know, everyone's favorite party member Beat is a skilled wildlife photographer, with a wide and varied portfolio. I would like you to draw what you think might be the photograph that he likes best out of all the photos he's taken. Doesn't have to be anything we've seen in the game! It could be literally anything you can imagine. Points won't necessarily be deducted for being a bad artist (i can barely draw a stick figure and am in no place to point fingers), but bonus points may be awarded if I am totally blown away.

I'll figure out exactly how to award points once I see how many entries pop up. Also, disclaimer: If we only get, like, 1½ entries per challenge, I reserve the right to nix the whole contest-thing. It's no fun if it's not at least close to a real competition!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Also: I rejiggered the OP because all those giant images were getting a bit unwieldy. Let me know if I broke any of the links.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Trt is Japanese for magic, it's just whoever changed the stats screen forgot to change the level up screen. It stands for 'Trusty', of course. As in Eternal Sonata (トラスティベル 〜ショパンの夢〜 Torasuti Beru ~Shopan no Yume~, Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream), I guess.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Thanks Geop for the new thread title :buddy:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The graceful angel goat is a favourite of photographers, but Beat had the fortune of seeing the rarer Jesus Goat, captured here ascending to sit by his Father's side.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 7, 2015

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I just started watching this and I just wanted to say: I've already totally filtered Polka out and thanks to her name, am envisioning Weird Al Yankovic as taking her place in everything.

This works because I'm pretty sure Weird Al also wears exactly the same clothes he did as a child but fitted for an adult

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer
Beat keeps a separate "special" photo album.

Possibly NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/0IyTal3.jpg

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
This LP still going on? After cleaning the lens, Beat was happy to be able to capture the true nature of his friends once again.

Moskau fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 14, 2015

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Moskau posted:

This LP still going on?

Yes! School is currently kicking my rear end (2 weeks to do a project that should by all rights take a month and a half, woo), so I don't have too much time to devote to LP. I hope to have an update up sometime next week, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the entries so far! I'm keeping it open for a lil' bit longer, just in case someone else wants to jump in as well.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
A couple days later than I said, but man... exams hard, you guys! I'm doing a lot of schoolwork right now, and that's gonna continue on until Dec. 7th. After that, I'll have oodles of free time.

For now though, update!

Also, contest! I'm gonna call the end of the first round now.

Of the three entries, I'm giving first prize and 4 EternoBux to BravestOfTheLamps for this stirring MS Paint rendition of Goat Messiah heading home to ask his dad if he can borrow the car:

Second prize, and 2 Premium golden coins only $2.99 goes to Moskau for some unsettling spirit photography:

And bronze goes to Lockmat for pasting in some saucy thing they found on google maps (:nws:, possibly) on top of a screencap from one of the LP updates. In the spirit of things, I decided on an alternative way to dole out points for this one: I looked intensely at the horribly lewd image, dropped trou, and measured the ol' goatsnack, and Lockmat's points will be decided by what the measuring tape said. Thusly, you get 1½ Sexbangs.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Viola's trick is she does more damage the further away she is from enemies. However her early special moves are close range or healing which is not as great when you're trying to land big hits with her. Also they're not terminally ill, they're just about to die is all. :P

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
God, I remember this dungeon. It suuuuucks... Way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

BioEnchanted posted:

God, I remember this dungeon. It suuuuucks... Way too long.

between bouts of project work i am furiously editing the next video because hoo boy

that is a Bad Dungeon

• Locked thread