Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

pichupal posted:

Well I've never done New Game Plus before...

Oh boy, you're in for a thing. If I recall correctly, NG+ multiples all enemy stats by 1.5, and the only thing you get to carry over is the Party Level, which you can now set manually instead of it being based on story progress. It was a pretty tough challenge in the 360 version; I can't imagine how annoying it must be in the PS3 version that already has buffed enemy stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I read "fancybeers" in that description as "cyberbeers", somehow.

Party Level is an actually interesting mechanic that, unfortunately, doesn't really save the system from becoming stale, but it sure tries to.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Hahaha I just noticed the thread title. "Frederic Chopin's Powerpoint Nightmare".

Yeah, those sequences are very bizarre and completely out of nowhere.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I played through this game twice and until this video I did not remember that Viola had a pet. I'm going to guess he appears in a single scene in the entire game and we just saw it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That shadow in the last battle was actually a cloud that was passing by!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yeah, you can see it pretty well near 24:23, look at the right side of the combat area.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That's a thing people always say but honestly, if you want progression tracking, you can get much better and more fine-grained tracking by just implementing it yourself rather than abusing achievements, since all that tells you that sometime in that X hour game interval the player decided to drop the game. I think achievements actually being used for that is a rare corner-case.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The whole Score/Session mechanic is neat in theory but it's broken by how the game handles backtracking. Unless you're in New Game+, it's impossible to actually go back to most places, but the game is happy to give you score pieces after you've already passed the correct person to play them with.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That was indeed perfect timing, haha.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Salsa is great and cute, and she's really good at getting the Echo count up. I'm pretty sure I had her in the party whenever possible.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Or maybe an actual lizard ran across your TV.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

This is probably the funniest scene in the game which, considering the actual subject matter, is incredible. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I remember this pirate ship being a pretty big difficulty spike for me.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Nice ending by the way :v:

Gonna second that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I suppose there are worse fates than being beat up by Johnny Yong Bosch.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

From what I remember, the unlock key was 80 Microsoft Points at the time of release, which was roughly $1/€1. So, fairly reasonable all things considered, I guess? Still an odd thing to sell.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Make sure you turn on the setting to archive streams on Twitch before you go live!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

In New Game+ the left teleporter is active, and you can use it to travel back to various areas in the game.

Also I think I remember that the added PS3 dungeon where you get access to playable Crescendo and Serenade is before this, so I guess the person who told us about the PS3 changes gave up. Can't really blame him, I suppose.

Oh and this dungeon sucks and you have to travel through it every time you want to go back from endgame areas to the rest of the game.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 29, 2017

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I don't remember this scene at all.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

This game has some really bizarre pacing decisions. I wonder if that was intentional or if it happened due them having to meet a release date or something.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

In the PS3 version, Count Waltz is still alive and fights with the dragon in this fight, making it very difficult.

Also, all the philosophy-in-a-void scenes are completely different on PS3. No idea why.

e: Here:

https://youtu.be/UN3u0dOQJpI?t=1892
https://youtu.be/UN3u0dOQJpI?t=2801
https://youtu.be/TyP0XmDwKck?t=1311
https://youtu.be/TyP0XmDwKck?t=2649

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 19, 2017

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That was actually a really exciting Rondo fight. Good job.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I can't wait for everyone in this thread to experience the ending of Eternal Sonata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

So someone explain what the entire last chapter (that is, everything after we kill Waltz on the mountain) actually is about.

the snail

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 31, 2017

• Locked thread