Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Well, we have hbomb inadvertently calling Polka a racial slur, The White Dragon doing the same to Vivi, who else will take the plunge into accidental racism? Tune in next week to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In a few hours you'll be glad the option to go back to Party Level 1 wasn't available.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think he says "There is power within my melodies" but I'm not sure. I haven't played this in a while.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

God, I remember this dungeon. It suuuuucks... Way too long.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Frenerick may be a composer but he is actually dressed like a com-poser!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

<3 bonus content :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

When trying to come up with puns based on LOTR you really couldn't think of Grima Wormsong? (:p)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Did you ever work out your Salsa woes? If you didn't work it out:

TAKE OFF HER SKULL AND BONES OUTFIT FOR GODS SAKE! Read the description - defense boost and STOP. That's why Salsa is freezing in battle

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

Hbomb is the kind of person whose first instinct is "it must be something diegetic and story-related"

That's just precious. If only they had put that much thought into things. :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

If it helps with your movie opinions hBomb, I prefer watching Cinderella 3 to Cinderella 1 (disney) because I find Anastasia's arc to be very satisfying as she begins to have misgivings about her mothers methods and yet is stuck going along with them because she has no way out. She is as much of a victim of Lady Tremaine as Cinderella was, she just didn't get enough focus until Cindy was out of the picture. It also implies interesting things about Tremaine as she doesn't stop being a bully after the woman that ostensibly threatened her escapes, she just switches targets to the second weakest member of the family - she wasn't bullying Cinderella just to put her below her daughters - it may have been the case that she is broken enough that she absolutely needs a victim, no matter who it is.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hang on - a giant cauldron with purple smoke emanating from it? OH GOD! It's the DARK GENIE!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Dark Cloud Joke - the cauldron is similar, as is the smoke.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Best of luck Instant Grat. Just hope that the Eternal Sonata doesn't metastasize :P.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

They should have had the background music of each area fit the name - an example of the genre that the name implied, Culminating in a final boss at Mt Rock with the only licensed track playing - As you're chasing the boss down to the final battle you hear this: "One way, or another. I'm gonna find you. I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha! etc"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I loved "Heal the whole party by 12000 that sounds great I'LL TAKE 50! :byodood:"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Great to have you back. I've been looking forward to this part of the game for ages now.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I looked it up out of curiosity: The "Buck" of the phrase "To Pass the Buck" was a special card in a few card games, placed in front of the dealer to mark him. When it came time for the dealer to change the buck would be passed to the next player, and so would the responsibility of dealing. "The Buck Stops Here" was a play on this phrase meaning that President Truman would not pass on his responsibilities to lower level delegates (and let them take the fall if it failed) but would accept them wholeheartedly, along with any blame that would be assigned.

Edit because I want to talk about the final dungeon now we're here - One thing that I like here is that a lot of games have a final dungeon that is very long and difficult, often with a weird layout that makes it hard to navigate, like Star Ocean 4's Palace of Creation - Pork Lift and wateyad had no idea where to go and in the last vid posted one of them had to carefully check a walkthrough to find where to actually go.

This place however, the Double Reed Tower, is fairly well paced. You are in a tower, so you know you need to make your way up somehow, and the ways are really easy to find, even when a path loops back to a floor you've already been to you can recognise that it's a new part of it because it's separated from the rest of the floor. So you pick a direction and wend your way upwards then come across a pair of bosses as you do. Now you know how the dungeon works and can figure out how things will play from now on, unless you are InstantGrat and miss some vital clues that appear in the video. :P

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 27, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Unfortunately the FF13 review mentioned seems to be on a dead site (Actionbutton.net isn't much right now). Is there any backup you could link to? I'd like to read that one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

We should petition twitter to get a new custom retweet character just for him. Maybe when retweeted from now on it could read ":h:YokoTaro"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On NG+ you get to do all the score pieces! It's totally worth it but because they won't bother I'll give you a small summary :v:

God dammit
I wanted to post a clip from Dexter's Lab of Deedee playing the piano but the only clip from that episode that I can find is the final song... Oh well, this joke is abandoned. Spent about 10 minutes searching too...

• Locked thread