Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Good luck with the fight, Grat.

It's weird how a second plot beat in a row just kind of ended with an antagonist walking up and saying how they're going to kill everyone then getting curbstomped. I suppose this is what comes of ambushing Polka in the middle of a dungeon with all her friends rather than, I dunno, when she was staring wistfully out to sea? Couldn't find out where she lived?

Because doing something competent like kidnapping Polka, would take her out of the party for most of the game from this point on I imagine (Polka would get taken to the evil prince's place back in I-forget-where-Ando and you would have to go there and defeat both of them, which would leave only the inevitable evil God-boss that All JRPGs are required to have).

I did expect her to be a bit more competent since all her compatriots are dead (except Queen Spy in Baroque) and she witnessed this group murder her rival back in A-Go-Go Forest. I'm still waiting for Black metal Island and Gangster Rap Canyon dungeons because that would just be perfect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Sooo....

Choppin decides to commit suicide by police because...he accepts death? Btw, he doesn't actually die because of "anime power of friendshipTM"

Polka for some reason has to jump off a cliff in fantasy other dimension because she's going to die anyway. It turns out that this was how she was supposed to die anyway, which if she knew in advance and actually wanted to live, she could've just walked away and lived and...wait a minute! She DID know this in advance and basically decided to commit suicide for some stupid philosophical reason when she had everything to live for. Her death just starts her life over into another cycle where she's 5 years old again. Oh, and she comes back to life because someone actually got upset that she wanted to commit suicide. Yeah, that's gonna be a fun relationship!

Meanwhile, The king of Retard-ondo is dead and a giant dragon just opened a portal to the moon. Why did they even pursue it? Why didn't they just go back after they finished killing said dragon? Was the dragon even a threat? If they just closed the portal or even just killed the dragon and THEN closed the portal, none of this suicide pact crap would've been necessary. With king midget dead, the war with Baroque is over (it wasn't really a war to begin with since only one side was actually fighting), and the mineral powder would dry up sooner or later now that the country can't send support to the miners to mine it.

This game was either too ambitious to finish in time and in budget, or too disorganized to be coherent. It's pretty and the battle system is interesting, but it's too drat philosophical that it gets in the way of it's own plot. It isn't a bad game, just a bad story.

Thank you for recording it!

• Locked thread