Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

buzmeg posted:

Huh? Did they make a sequel to Princess Tutu that I missed?
Not that I'm aware of. You did see the second half of it right? It got pretty crazy there for a while once Drosselmeyer really starts getting involved.

Picking the second BttF movie was basically random chance.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

buzmeg posted:

Sadly, this isn't really representative.

Basquash had so much potential and just totally wasted it. It's clear that nobody associated with the anime actually liked basketball.

yeah but the plot turned out to literally be Turn A Gundam but with a basketball instead of nanomachines

like really the basketball part is not even like, a thing, in fact it's explicitly in the beginning about someone who really hates the robo-NBA and ends up establishing calvinball

and then it turns out that long ago there was a basketball-related cataclysm that scoured the earth and only the hidden legendary basketball master can save the day because there are Problems on the moon and he needs to go up there and stop it and wait a minute it's actually barkley shut up and jam gaiden the anime isn't it

goshdang it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Gyra_Solune posted:

wait a minute it's actually barkley shut up and jam gaiden the anime isn't it

This is actually kind of selling me on it even when I look at it and kinda hate some of the character designs (particularly the women, eugh).

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
All I remember about Basquash is that it had a black girl name Miyuki in it, and I once met a black girl named Miyuki in a hospital in Northern Virginia.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kylra posted:

I'm still not really sure how that was supposed to work.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
1000 hours in MS Paint to make this piece of poo poo for the thread!!!

It was a bad show but dammit I had to contribute something awful to stay relevant here

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Gyra_Solune posted:

wait a minute it's actually barkley shut up and jam gaiden the anime isn't it

*That* would have been cool. Basquash was the complete opposite of cool.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I really need to watch this at some point.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kylra posted:

I really need to watch this at some point.

And then you should watch durarara because while it starts off worse than baccano it rockets up way past it in the second season

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
This seems about right
Though it's been posted already, I'd like to mention that all of those "what I got"s are eight individually created gots. No reused animation here folks

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 16, 2015

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Excellent.

pandaK posted:

And then you should watch durarara because while it starts off worse than baccano it rockets up way past it in the second season

I find this so hard to believe. Really?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i was wondering why the robots wear sneakers, and then i noticed this anime was sponsored by nike and everything became clear

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

CuLT posted:

Excellent.

i'm not sure i'd call season two of durarara necessarily better than baccano, but due to it's length it gets to go into territory that baccano didn't, with characters evolving and changing and such

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CuLT posted:

Baccano probably is more consistently great but durarara is getting a complete adaption so you get to see the entire story rather than like a 5th of one.

Baccano would still probably be better if it ever got a 2nd season. :arghfist:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think any one particular arc in Durarara is better than the ones we got to see in Baccano's anime, but the sheer fact that it has more than like 3 is certainly a feather in its cap.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think any one particular arc in Durarara is better than the ones we got to see in Baccano's anime, but the sheer fact that it has more than like 3 is certainly a feather in its cap.

Does it still do the thing where it tells multiple stories at the same time that all take place at different times? I really liked that aspect of Baccano.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Your way works too posted:

Does it still do the thing where it tells multiple stories at the same time that all take place at different times? I really liked that aspect of Baccano.

Yeah, they do.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, it doesn't timeline-jump nearly as much, is what I think yww meant. It's more or less linear. It does however have a huge ensemble cast who have many perspectives on the various events that transpire.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Baccano probably is more consistently great but durarara is getting a complete adaption so you get to see the entire story rather than like a 5th of one.

Baccano would still probably be better if it ever got a 2nd season. :arghfist:

So what you are saying is that if I ever feel like watching Baccano I should read it instead?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The twitter bird logos were a nice touch.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kylra posted:

The twitter bird logos were a nice touch.

The best part of it is that you don't immediately NOTICE them. (Because the eye is drawn to the hole. Is this a light switch panel?)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its a phone, its just off.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, let's start back in the 90s with some of the first Anime I ever saw. Gundam is cool, so what about this?

Well, that wasn't so bad. Let's find something similar and--

:gonk: --and not watch Anime that doesn't involve Giant Robots again for about five years. Alright.

Ok, ok. Now for something more modern.

Well, that was awful but not unwatchably awful. What about that other one I've heard about? It's got giant robots in it so it can't be that awful.

Why do I make such terrible decisions?! (Two episodes counts as 'watched,' right? I couldn't stomach any more. Don't make me watch more! :smithicide: )

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mindblast posted:

So what you are saying is that if I ever feel like watching Baccano I should read it instead?

No, the anime's way better due to how it structures the story and also because the dub is amazing. It ends well too, leaving some loose ends as sequel hooks but typing up the main plot points.

a Good anime

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Sure I guess, the novels are getting translated soon anyway. They don't do the whole jump between time-periods thing though, the anime did because it simultaneously adapted 4 novels that were set in different times, which was a really cool idea. The anime is probably the better experience than just reading the first 4 novels at any rate, although it did skip some pretty interesting things especially in the 1932 arc.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, let's start back in the 90s with some of the first Anime I ever saw. Gundam is cool, so what about this?

:gonk: --and not watch Anime that doesn't involve Giant Robots again for about five years. Alright.

What are these 2? Guyver and...?

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

CuLT posted:

I refuse to elaborate.

noice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Postal Parcel posted:

Guyver and Genocyber.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ok, ok. Now for something more modern.

Well, that was awful but not unwatchably awful. What about that other one I've heard about? It's got giant robots in it so it can't be that awful.

Why do I make such terrible decisions?! (Two episodes counts as 'watched,' right? I couldn't stomach any more. Don't make me watch more! :smithicide: )

I have no idea what any of these things are

imo anyone who lists 30 things and names none of them should be shot. or forced to watch western animation.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Anatharon posted:

I have no idea what any of these things are

imo anyone who lists 30 things and names none of them should be shot. or forced to watch western animation.

If you don't recognize Guyver, maybe you should be the one to "get out"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

Me.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

If you don't recognize Guyver, maybe you should be the one to "get out"

I....

Don't really watch anime.

So come on is it really that hard to list what things are. :colbert:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the first two are guyver, third is gundam age, last is cross ange

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

the first two are guyver, third is gundam age, last is cross ange

You know what, just follow me into every thread so I can ask you directly from now on. :v:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Anatharon posted:

Don't really watch anime.
No time like the present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't know what the last picture is suppose to be about, but it looks to me like it was set in Glorantha's Dragon Pass with Ray Romano as the Red Goddess. Which sounds like a loving amazing anime.

• Locked thread