Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GorfZaplen posted:

This one's real bad, A total stinker

it was the worst thing i've seen in a long time and just made me angry

also i am really bad at mspaint

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

boom boom boom posted:

Admitting you were confused by G-Reco is basically owning youself.

It wasn't confusing, it was just dumb and bad. As someone who absolutely loves Turn A It was really disappointing. It started out strong, I was super hooked like 5 episodes in but it devolved so quickly and just became the worst. There was a hefty amount of quality in it towards the end as well, though obviously the gundoh reference was just hyperbole. So much breaking of "show don't tell" through the middle part of the show, so much useless dialogue and silly machinations. It didn't help that it was a bit of a rehash of Turn A's storyline (kind of), but just a lot worse.

There are a lot of things to like about it individually, but when you put them all together it's just a pile of trash.

edit:
For instance I loved a lot of the mecha design, and I adore Kenichi Yoshida's character designs in practically everything he works on. I loved that it's the first show (to my knowledge, or that i've seen anyway) that had safety/pilot protections in the cockpits. I loved the animation and art style overall (inspite of the quality moments). I guess my overall complaint boils down to just plain bad storytelling/pacing. Overman king gainer also had terrible pacing and storytelling, and watching G-Reco just gave me a lot of flashbacks to it.

Sorry for the rambliness of this, I was kind of hashing this out from a internalized feeling of disgust towards G-Reco in this post.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 27, 2015

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I think G gundam is the only gundam that I ever got a little choked up about. Oh and the end of Turn A I guess. SOCHIIIII!!!!

• Locked thread