Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Every time I've tried this they always tell me to bring him in regardless of the severity of the issue just from a covering their asses point of view, because there's always the chance it could actually be something really bad and if the vet tells someone to not bring their dog in and then it dies they're possibly liable for it and could get sued.

Yeeeeeep. I work in EMS and a ton of our ambulance calls start out with something along the lines of "Well, I called the Ask A Nurse hotline about my 5 year old daughter throwing up twice with a fever of 100.2 and they said to call an ambulance."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Mathematics posted:

Her main vet basically straight up said, "Don't call if you have a problem. Always come in." so I'm kind of eh about that.

I can sort of understand that. For me it's like a car. When my car is making a funny noise, I call my mechanic. They ask what's wrong and I'm like "Um. It's making a weird noise. Sort of a squeaky squeally noise? Kind of like *makes awkward squeaky sound*?" and then they're like "Just come in and let me listen to it" because I obviously have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about and "something ain't quite right" isn't really diagnostic material.

Something like "My dog's stomach is a little bigger, maybe it might be swollen or maybe she's just a little fatter...?" seems like it would be the same kind of deal.

Khizan fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 10, 2015

• Locked thread