Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Nice bus, excited to watch this one. My first car was a '73 deluxe, and it's currently in my garage waiting for me to gather the effort (and money) to get it rolling again. These photos are already providing a healthy dose of motivation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

Tuning dual carbs is a loving joke gently caress this I'm getting a centermount progressive weber clone

So I've had this box in my garage for the last about ten years

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

I have money and ADD

if you want it pm me

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

Just wanted to let you know FancyMike that I got the carburetor and fixings today, and everything looks amazing! Have a master rebuild kit (floats, etc) on order, along with rubber pieces. Next weekend I hope to be installing it. Question: did it come from another VW (I'd assume so based on the intake)? Just checking for jetting purposes.

it came out of my '73 bus. i can't say for certain if it's original of course though, i got the bus in '02. switched to dual carbs when we swapped the engine out for a higher displacement rebuilt one

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

For what it's worth I managed a sustained 75+mph for a while on the freeway once with that carb in my bus. Would not recommend.

Geirskogul posted:

poo poo-tier EMPI

What is it with VW people spending so much money on EMPI trash?

• Locked thread