Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

New engine being built right meow. Old one is super wheezy and leaky, but still drives me around. I swiped a door mat from our old armory, and use it as an oil mat whatever I park, because it leaves a pretty puddle.

$3150 after core and shipping, but with hydraulic valves and upgraded to 2.0L. Core is $600, but I think I can get more than that parting the old engine out, so I only bought one-way shipping.

I say this every time it comes up but surely the parts to run a Subaru EJ22 aren't nearly that expensive?

I know you'd lose a lot of the air-cooled charm and simplicity but you could trade it for a relative fuckload of horsepower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

In the end, I have zero problems with restorations of any type. But this bubble, I fear, is permanent.

That bus I posted a video of a few posts ago? He's already received offers in the $100k range.

Cheap buses are gone, and it's 100% happened in the last 10 years, just like with 911s.

The Transporter/Eurovan market is also insane. I saw a Weekender listed in the 30s the other day.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You ordered VW exhaust parts from Japan?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Awesome! That thing looks sweet.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Whoa, shiny motor stuff.

How does it drive?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

Remember that pressure washer injuries can be much more dangerous than they appear. With even a small would you can get a bad infection deep in your tissue.

Injection injuries are not anything with which to gently caress.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

I'm fed up with the driver's side CV axle. It loosened all six bolts again, even cleaned and with red loctite gel.

Just spent $30 on nord locks.

Wouldn't safety lock-wire work in that orientation?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Yeah, though it'd be a pain in the dick, less than constantly fixing it I guess.

Can I drill new bolts?

You can get washer thinguses which let you use safety wire with non-drilled bolts. Motorcycle racers love 'em.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/910-159

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
What about Lexan? That poo poo is pretty easy to cut and you could even get one of those cool slidey-vents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Looks pretty good. After a few months in the sun that appliance epoxy will probably fade to be closer, but even if not it's still much better than it was.

How's the roof?

• Locked thread