Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I've also got a separator that looks the same as that (it was probably made in the same Chinese factory) and it has always done the job.

Everytime you show another piece of car trim made with your 3D printer it makes me want one even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Why the third battery?

why not just use a big leisure battery as your second battery? (and run the stereo and the fridge/interior lights off that).

also - you can get a solar charging controller that will do multiple batteries of a single panel array - which will do a nice job of keeping the main starting battery alive if you park the van up for a few weeks.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

You don't need to justify spending money on a project vehicle to us! You want it then do it!

On the plus side, I can't imagine that a bus is a bad project vehicle to spend cash on. Even if you sell up in the future you're surely gonna get quite a lot of it back due to demand.
That's what I like to tell myself about my camper too....

Geirskogul posted:

Also jamming out to Moulettes. Whoever linked this a few months ago in the chat thread was a genius. Very difficult to find folk/light rock nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xuCQGX9iU

I think that was probably me as I've been to see them a few times this year. Glad you're enjoying them!
I also often find myself listening to them at night in my creative prime time (I can't think of a better term for it!)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

That is nice, but I prefer yours :)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Looks like those require hex bolts, these tend to be cap screws. And with how aggressive these are loosening, I wonder if they'll hold. But thanks for linking them - I didn't know those existed and there are a few things I think I could use them for.

Hey, this is an excuse to get a drill press!

Do they have to be cap screws? Can you not swap to hex heads with lock tabs?

Looks like you can also buy drilled head cap screws if you were so inclined and wanted to wire them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

The idea here is that I may gain some looseness/clearance on the deepwell socket with the turned down nuts so I can have the tool at a bit of an angle, exaggerated here:

Why not take the stud out of the head and use allen socket headed cap screws here rather than bolts? then you can tighten them up easily.

I don't have a borescope, but I think a visit by Mr. Scotty Peeler and the shop vac are in order. At least I can remove the actual carburetors themselves really easily (2 easily accessible 13mm bolts).

buy yourself one of the cheap Chinese USB borescopes off ebay. They are £5 over here, so probably $5 or less for you.

• Locked thread