Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Geirskogul posted:

I used a silicone chain lube spray :ohdear:

I hope you never ever plan on painting anything near where you sprayed that. Silicone gets into everything, and is nearly impossible to wash away or dissolve. Many high-end body/paint shops won't allow a car that's been treated with tire shine or armor-all that contains silicone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Geirskogul posted:

I put some on a rag and wiped it in all three channels, to avoid overspray. And sandpaper cures many things :getin:, right?

That's way better than spraying, but like I said, it won't come off easily if you want to paint. Sandpaper won't do it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Are those to make insulated socks so you don't lose toes to frostbite? :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Keeeeeeep iiiiitttttt! loving clear coat over it, preserve that hippie-patina.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Flanges are in, and on three of them, the holes for the exhaust tubing are ever so slightly too small.

Over/under on me dying if I use my ghetto router table and a carbide burr to enlarge them 1-2mm? I have 1.625 tubing and it just won't fit in.

I could buy a carbide burr for my dremel, but that's eight holes.

Also I can't find my 6mm shank burr. Carbide wood bits and all of the protective clothing?

router+flanges=fingers gone. Get a burr for the dremel, or use a stone to grind them out.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Nordlocks are awesome. I use a ton of the 316SS ones on the gear I make, and they really work. I just wish they made them in 6AL4V Ti...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Yeah, dirt cheap. Micro USB on some models, so they'll plug right into a phone.

• Locked thread