Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

In the photo in front of the Banner Psych center, I like how the ambulance manages to take up two handicap spots. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I use a $18 'Amazon Basics' tripod for taking all the pictures of my model ship stuff. For basic beginner photo stuff I really don't see a need for anything fancier. I'm not doing astrophotography with a giant heavy lens or anything, and it works perfectly fine for me. I do take all my pictures with very slow shutter speeds to get good depth of field, so I use the 2 second timer feature on my camera so that I don't have to be in contact with the camera or tripod when it's shooting. Could probably use a remote, but the one I have is kind of flaky so I just use the time delay instead.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Those are some mighty pretty welds though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

I love/hate that stretch of road. Traffic is always quick so it's easy to get through it, but the road really isn't designed for the speeds people hit anyway.

Don't recognize it. Is that 87, or something down SE?

E: ^^ Hell of a post, and one hell of a productive weekend. Nice job.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 7, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Ironwood between the freeway and Germann.

So SE. Your buddy lives down in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley I guess. I think the last time I was in that part of town was 10 years ago, although I got sort of close I guess going to Schnepf farms last winter, but I didn't take Ironwood, came down the 202 and then Rittenhouse.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Illegal Alienation posted:

I live about a mile from Schnepf. Google has you take Ellsworth to Rittenhouse because it's most direct, but it's slightly longer because there's more traffic, more lights, and it moves slower. Ironwood moves fast, but it's probably the most perilous part of my day

Yea, I am completely unfamiliar with the area so I went with what Google told me to do. Holy poo poo the traffic was terrible, and it didn't help that about half the route seemed to be under construction.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A friend works for a professional pressure washing company (he builds the trucks they use) and they have washers that can be set up to 6000 psi water that is also heated to a point that it would just be steam if it wasn't under so much pressure. Those things will take the chrome off the bumpers of semi's. They normally use a much lower setting, and I have no idea what they would use that sort of pressure for, unless it's cleaning off concrete or purposely stripping paint off of shipping containers or something.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

You live in a lovely neighborhood man. Move out to the boondocks and learn to enjoy your 75-90 minute commute like me. :v:

I hate my loving commute

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Your 75 minutes becomes my 2 hours, remember

Doubt it, I drive to Tempe every day, you go to Scottsdale I believe? So you'd take the 202 when I turn south on the 10, might be pretty close to the same.

And yea, when I moved out to this boondocks and bought the house I didn't have the job in Tempe and I had a company truck. Then 2009 happened, and someday maybe I'll actually have equity so I can maybe move.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I can't believe you are going to sell the bus after all you went through to get it here and get it fixed up. Hope that was a typo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Grats on the sale, although does this mean you don't have any backup transportation for the bus now?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Looks like a nice new place, and it appears to come with a puppy!

How was your kitty cat doing btw?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Ok, I'm finding it more hilarious than I probably should that I mistook a pair of boots for a puppy. The profile at the top looks like a floppy ear on a puppy looking into the kitchen.

Glad Beetle was on the mend, good luck man!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sweet!

I think my lathe would probably fit on the bed of your lathe. :)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

My Sherline cost quite a bit more than that. If it works it sure seems like a decent deal.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

West Phoenix. And, not bragging, but our house and yard are immaculately clean. This boggles me, and we didn't have any of this until last month. Or the last five years downtown.

Downtown never has them really, they've all been wiped out, but the area you are in still has a fair amount of undeveloped land, and the developed stuff is fairly new, so still plenty of them. I'm amazed I've only ever seen one scorpion here, but the entire area was farm fields for decades prior to being turned into housing, so I guess it's not been great for the scorpions to live in the area for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sorry you had to let it go man, but hopefully you can use the proceeds to make your life better!

• Locked thread