Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Wow, I played the poo poo out of Turok and never knew that you could OHK dudes by shooting the bow when the arrow has that little glint on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Body Harvest, IIRC, was basically just Rockstar's test engine for GTA III.

It was also pretty fun, although it was also terribly unforgiving and suffered from the same control/ camera issues that plagued many games from that time period.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Doc Morbid posted:

I want a Body Harvest remake with the GTA V engine.

I'm erect and I don't know what to do

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

PSWII60 posted:

Update guys, computer is fixed somehow. I eventually gave up fixing it and pulled the hdd to transfer the data I hadn't backed up yet. For whatever reason it just started working when I put everything back together. :iiam:

Recording is done for level 8 and I just need to edit everything (it's 5 videos for the record).

As an electronics technician, I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it's just the ghost in the machine loving with you.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Seiren posted:

I remember always wanting to play the first Turok, and now I'm glad I didn't. Most of these later levels look like an absolute loving slog to wade through, and you don't seem to have many good options for dealing with enemies outside of explosive shells or too-heavy ordnance.

Turok 2 might be much better in that regard. I could never finish it; but at least random mooks are hurt by your lesser arms!

I'll admit, I never had much problem with the rest of the game (most deaths would come from missed jumps) but I never beat this level without turning on cheats and just annihilating everything with an unlimited ammo chronosceptor. It's very difficult and as you can see, one or two bad moves can cost you 200 health pretty quickly. The other missions punish you for imprecision but they don't really prepare you as well for dealing with tons and tons of enemies sticking you in chokepoints.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
I just remember the bad framerate and the evasiveness of the enemies pissing me off something fierce. I don't think I got past level 2.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, was a blast. THAT GUN is so OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Y-Hat posted:

Sports simulator games have fallen dramatically in quality since EA got the exclusive rights to make NFL and NHL games. It's almost like competition drives creativity.

I read that "Breaking Madden" series on SB Nation where they created a team that consisted completely of quarterbacks. Because you can't turn off their stupid rules and have fun with Madden, the amount of hoops they had to jump through in order to achieve this was mind-boggling.

On that note, Jon Bois is probably the best thing about SBNation and he's not even technically a sports writer.

• Locked thread