Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Zain posted:

Part of me wonders what happened to Turok. Like why did it lose its charm?

The first post N64 game, Turok Evolution, was a really mediocre mess of a game. Then came the Turok reboot which decided that what Turok needed were space marines and a military plot. Both games left a bad taste in peoples mouths about Turok and basically killed any chance of future games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I still have a old Turok 2 booklet that came with a Gamepro. It served as a novelization of the game and added a bunch of side characters. I'll see if I can find it and I'll scan it in.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

That would be awesome if you still have it. If I can find my old strategy guides I had one for Turok 2 that was awful. Haven't seen that box for a couple years though.

After digging around in old boxes I managed to find it.

Front and back. This is book 1 of 4, but they don't really bother introducing anything and just throw you right into it.

As you can see, its kinda small to be a called a book. Still an amusing little read.

Edit: after looking around, this is apparently just an excerpt from a complete book. It doesn't say that anything on the front or back, but after looking at google there were 4 full novels written about Turok.

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 21, 2016

• Locked thread