Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smax
Nov 9, 2009

PSWII60 posted:

Everybody. Just wanted to give a quick update. Most of my real life stuff has been caught up now, but I have had a hard drive failure on my laptop. The only replacement I have available was a whopping 100 gig hard drive, so the quality might suffer slightly just because I don't quite have the space to render as large of files anymore. I'll see if I can find a workaround by possibly rendering to an external hard drive comma but I just wanted to give everybody fair warning that a twenty-year-old N64 game might look slightly worse than it already has. But I also wanted to say I'm about back on track. Thank you for your patience.

What kind of hard drive do you need, and what's the smallest size you'd prefer? I (or someone else?) might have something kicking around here that I could part with. Would an external be fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smax
Nov 9, 2009

PSWII60 posted:

I think I could work worth anything over 160GB (2.5 inch SATA). That would let me install the software, have a bunch of source files, and render anything up to a 30-40 min vid and reencode it. An external might be fine. I have an older external right now that I will try to render to and see how well that works. Thanks.

I'll poke around tomorrow or this weekend and see what I have kicking around. I know I have a 250 GB external (USB2/FW400), a 1TB external (USB2/FW800), and a 320 GB 2.5" 9.5mm drive around. If any of those sound good to you just let me know.

• Locked thread